Mickey 'Mooners: Disney World's 50's Prime Time + Sci-Fi Dine-In

Friday, February 6, 2015

On Monday I blogged about the first part of our honeymoon (here).  In lieu of our normal Friday Favorites post,  I've been so excited all week waiting to share these photos from my two favorite restaurants in Disney World, 50's Prime Time Cafe + Sci-Fi Dine-In! 


At 50's Prime Time Cafe you walk in and you're in the 1950's with mom and the whole gang.  The servers wear retro attire and everyone is "family".  Our server was Cousin Laura (she was freaking hilarious) and she made sure we set the table, kept our elbows off of it and ate our food... or we got reprimanded.  This was only to be rivaled by Mom, who was serving in the section over from ours who was SO INSANELY good at her job, I was crying laughing at the stuff coming out of her mouth. Totally in character, all the time.  The food cost was a little higher than some of the other Disney restaurants, but the atmosphere and entertainment make it completely worthwhile, we had a blast.  The decor was so amazing, I wanted to move in.

source

The Sci-Fi Dine-In was awesome, you can drink a cherry coke and watch clips from old movies while sitting in your own little car.  Collin + I ate absolutely loved both restaurants, but I could tell he definitely loved this one more of the two because of the old science fiction movie clips.  Such an awesome environment and probably the only time you can hang out in a convertible at a drivepin, even if it's raining. 

I had a few people ask me which I preferred, but I REALLY don't think the two are comparable.  One day, we did 50's Prime Time Cafe for lunch and a couple days later, we did Sci-Fi Dine-In for dinner, wich was a lot of fun!  If you're spending a few days in Disney World, you might want to try to  visit both like we did.

// Also, as a final note, we wanted to congratulate April Bruhl for being our giveaway winner for The Domestic Dame giveaway!  We'll be contacting you this weekend, congratulations and thank you to everyone who entered! We'll have more giveaways to come!

Where was your favorite place on your last vacation or
where did you go on your last vacation?

8 comments:

  1. I leave on Thursday for a month in Scotland! My boyfriend and I are going to housesit for my aunt and uncle. My Gran lives over there, so we are going to visit her a lot and my big goal is to scan as many old family photos as possible.


    I went to the Sci Fi Dine In when I was at Disney in the third grade. I liked it a lot. I'm a super big drive-in fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you you'd want to live there! I haven't eaten at the Prime Time Cafe since I was a little girl, but I'd like to try and go back next time. <3

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope at DisneylandFebruary 6, 2015 at 7:27 PM

    These are two of the restaurants I hope to visit one day at WDW. I love the retro decor and the entire vibe and think you looked so perfectly at home there in your PUG skirt! We went on a weekend getaway to San Diego for the first time last year and we enjoyed this little bar in the Gaslamp District that had a generous happy hour after 10pm. Hubby loved the PB beer and I loved that we didn't have to spend a fortune on all those yummy bar bites. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silver Cat Tea PartyFebruary 10, 2015 at 10:59 AM

    OMG both restaurants look so awesome and so much fun!!! I love all your pics. <3 I can't believe you can actually sit in the cars and at the kitchen tables. I hope I'll be able to go one day! <3 What an awesome and fun thing to do for your honeymoon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! I'm just checking this and... you're in Scotland! I hope you're having an amazing time, I've never left the US but I can't wait to one day!


    I love drive-in's! I actually live pretty close to one here in Nashville and there was also one close to mine/Katie's home town in Georgia, so I've been lucky enough never to have to go without one. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you'd love it, this time and maybe wouldn't be so surprised when mom yells at you. haha ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really were, it was an amazing time! The cars really were an amazing touch. I hope you get to go one day too, it was an great experience. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, well thank you so much, I hope you get to visit one day too because it was quite an experience! That sounds like so much fun! I'd love to go on a weekend getaway soon with Collin and do something like that. : )

    ReplyDelete