Catch Me If You Can

Tuesday, February 10, 2015


Michael pretty much works every weekend so when we have a day off together it completely spoils me.  I'm so used to drinking my coffee alone on the weekend that getting to look at his handsome face  while I do it is the best!  We took this opportunity to have a fun day together...but my idea of fun now that I'm married means eating brunch before running errands and cleaning the house.  So before we got in our "designated cleaning clothes" we had brunch in style, which meant wearing Steady Clothing.

When I tried this dress on I immediately fell in love.  It has such a great 1940s vibe to it, and really speaks for it self so you don't have to accessorize much.   Not to mention the dress is super flattering so even though I ate a lot of Taco Bell you couldn't tell.  haha  I think I've lost count of how many polka dot pieces of clothing I have.  It's getting a little ridiculous.  Amanda is definitely the Queen of Harlequin and I'm beginning to think I'm the Princess Polka Dot.  I can't help it--polka dots are just so versatile!  Lastly, the dress is named the "Catch Me If You Can Dress".  How perfect is that?!  


Outfit Details 
Catch Me If You Can Dress c/o Steady Clothing 
Red Wedges | Similar 
Red Rose | DIY
Pearls | Thrift (Similar) 


Michael is wearing the Sub Culture Tee, which is a great classic rockabilly t-shirt.  It comes in both white and black, but I think the white looks better with Michael's tattoos.  In all honesty, I love seeing Michael dress up, but I prefer him in t-shirts.  He just looks so effortlessly put together.  He's also totally in his element, which is probably why I love it so much.  He finished his casual look with a beanie and vans.


What's your idea of a fun weekend? 

13 comments:

  1. Ever since you made the Peg Bundy joke on Insta, it's all I see! You're like the younger, more adorable version of her! It's awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hottie! You look amazing in this dress. And you and Michael are such a great-looking couple.

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dress on you! If I were browsing their website I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it. Must be how you styled it--too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE polka dots! So many of my wishlists have polka dotted pieces and my husband tells me that I already have so many and I have to reply with, "yes but I don't have THAT one!". lol This is a cute piece. The perfect blend of cute and classy and it's super flattering. I love the neckline. So glad you had a great date with your husband. As far as my idea of a fun weekend? I'd say when all chores are done and errands are run and we can just spend the day at Disneyland without worrying about having to rush out of there. Couch cuddles while binge watching our favorite DVDs are also the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can never, ever have too many polka dots in my books. They're a truly classic pattern that can be fun or chic, playful or sophisticated (amongst other things), depending on their size, colour palette and the garment they're used on. I love them to bits, too, and think that if there's a polka dot adoring gene, I got it, because my mom (who isn't much a pattern person in general) is a huge fan as well!

    Wishing you and your husband both a stellar Valentine's!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha That makes me SO happy! She is a major babe, so even though we are totally different in attitude I hope I can channel her look enough.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pssshh you're the hottie Sammi! Thank you so much. I love when I can convince him to be on the blog. <3


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Connie! I saw a different color of the same dress on June so I knew it would be a fantastic look! I'm so happy with it.


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are the best!! Exactly, polka dots are so very, very diverse so it's totally reasonable to need more polka dots.


    I agree. It shows a little bit of cleavage, but it's still a super classy look.


    That does sound like a perfect day! I've never been to Disneyland, but it seems AMAZING!!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your book is correct, Jessica! I totally agree. I have business dresses, day dresses and evening dresses all with polka dots on them. That's how you know they are good. ;)


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silver Cat Tea PartyFebruary 23, 2015 at 4:18 PM

    I've been admiring this dress from afar. It looks lovely on you! <3 Glad you your guy got to spend a nice day together having brunch <3

    ReplyDelete