June's Wedding, Part I: Getting Ready

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

robes by silkandmore via Etsy
So, as y'all know, I got married back in September.  On September 27, 2014, to be exact.  We just got the digital files of our wedding photos back from our photographers so I'm FINALLY sharing them!  I'm going to write this little blurb and then let the photos speak for themselves because I think they describe the day a lot better than I can.  Amelia + I curled up and tried to narrow down the photos but gave up and decided we'd just post things in little sections instead.

Collin +  I have amazing family and friends, we really do.  We had  family + friends travel down to Georgia from Tennessee and Illinois (both are REALLY long drives) to be in and help with our wedding.  Having our six closest friends be in our wedding and be in the same place, at the same time to make us laugh and keep us sane, was amazing.  Also, we were fortunate enough to have the sweetest photographers, The Ulmers, who not only did all our photos, but participated in our day and were there with tips and a helping hand when needed -- we were spoiled.  That being said, what better place to start than the "Getting Ready" photos? (all photos by Ulmer Studios).


Overall, planning a wedding in Georgia while living in Tennessee was stressful and things went wrong... A LOT of things.  But in the end, it doesn't matter because I have a really awesome dude that I love a lot in the next room watching X-Files at obnoxiously high volumes as I write this at 11pm... and every now and then he walks by and gives me a kiss me on the forehead.  I can't wait to share the next part with y'all.... it'll be coming soon!

For more information about our photographers:
Ulmer Studios
For a little more of our wedding:
Bachelorette Party   //   Wedding Invitations


Feel free to post your own wedding photos + inspiration in the comments!

35 comments:

  1. Emily Flora PadillaJanuary 21, 2015 at 9:16 AM

    Goodness it's just all so perfect! I bet you were just so happy! You both looked amazing and so in love! Congrats! Also, the shoes!!! Irregular Choice? They are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were, it was an amazing day but I'm SO glad it's over. haha. And thank you so much, I actually don't really like Irregular Choice shoes all that much -- just not for me.


    These were designed by Gucci designer, Tom Ford, for Yves Saint Laurent's Fall/Winter collection in 2003. I saw a random photo online and spent MONTHS hunting them down. So excited to own them now. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two rock and it was a blast being a part of your day!!! Glad we could head down to GA and be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much gorgeousness and handsomeness all around! I can't wait to see the rest. Your dress is almost exactly what I'd want if I ever get married.

    ReplyDelete
  5. D'awwww more more more! That last bit about him being in the next room while you blog is the sweetest. When I'm in my own room doing my thing, my boyfriend kind of does the same thing. He'll come stop by, give me a kiss or squeeze and go back to his video game or whatever he's doing. It's like they secretly want to know what we're up to and remind us they're there! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The B&W shots are my faves - you have such a great smile! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looove seeing all the photos (though I saw lots of these a while back, hehe). And omg I love the photo of the shoes!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. Yall are adorable! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! You always look so darling! I love that your hubby wore Mickey socks and an Ellie badge. I gifted mine the Ellie Badge during our First Look since our wedding day was also his b-day, and he wore it as a bout along with a Maleficent pin. He also wore the black socks with white Mickey heads that day. Anyway, I loved seeing the details of your day and can't wait to see more! Congrats again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, your wedding was gorgeous! I love all of the little disney details included. My wife and I got engaged at Disneyland so it will always have a special place in our hearts.


    Where did you get your dress? Do you have any good sites for vintage style wedding dresses?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing photos, your photographer did a great job capturing the occasion. What I always love about weddings and wedding photos is how happy and nervous and excited people look. Your wedding looks like a total hoot.
    Cheers,
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful! Sending best wishes for a happy and wonderful marriage from Sydney Australia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really, really marvelous wedding photos. I adore the plethora of detail and candid images that your photographer captured. This looks, as always weddings ideally should be, like it was a truly joyous occasion for all involved.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Silver Cat Tea PartyJanuary 23, 2015 at 5:19 PM

    Amazing pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like such a special day! I'm looking forward to seeing more photos. I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and those shoes! Love all the little details, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing photos, it looks beautiful. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. RockabellaqueenElsaJanuary 25, 2015 at 10:30 AM

    Those shoes. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these photos! Everything looked great! I love your dress and shoes. I love that he has Mickey socks on. So cute and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats to you both! your wedding day looked like a wonderful event and you made a very beautiful bride and your husband looked very dapper! very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Y'all are so awesome! I'm so happy that I got to spend Amanda's special day with the coolest photographers ever!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. It was such a great time, and I totally think Amanda had the cutest wedding party of all time..but I'm biased. haha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. It was such a fun wedding to attend! Everything really was picture perfect.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  24. There are more to come soon! I'm excited for everyone to see everything.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Her shoes seriously are the best wedding shoes in the world. They were so beautiful.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much! They are absolute perfect.



    xox

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look gorgeous!! I love everything about your pictures!


    Your shoes look fantastic too, btw ;)


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the B&W shots too! I think they look so elegant.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm excited for everyone to see how beautiful June looked! She was a vision of retro beauty.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  30. It was such an amazing occasion for me, and I know it was for June too. I know she put SO much hard work into everything so I loved seeing everything work out.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just shed a few tears finally catching up on this post of your wedding! You both looked so fricking amazing!! Love you sweet peach!! xx

    ReplyDelete