Friday Favorites #41

Friday, January 16, 2015

Happy Friday Favorites!  This is my last weekend before my honeymoon so although I'll be running all over the place trying to get things done, coloring my hair so I don't have roots at Disney World and packing my suitcases, I'll be dreaming of staying in and having a relaxing weekend (especially after spending 4 hours in the Social Security Office today changing my name. Dear lord.)




I was curled up watching New Girl tonight and thanking JESS HAS THE BEST PAJAMAS (which is how the adorable Afterhours Satin Pajamas in Hat Print ended up above).  I usually lurk around in the yellow robe I wore in last week's Friday Favorites, a vintage nightie OR my Harry Potter Snuggie (pictured). Yep, that's right... Harry. Potter. Snuggie (although I'm bummed because they only come in Gryffindor and I'm a Ravenclaw).

Then I started thinking about other things that make me excited about "staying in".  Besides reading, drinking tea and grabbing a pillow to hug while binge watching random TV shows, I absolutely love to bake so the things above are just a little sampling of what makes me happy when I'm relaxing. And the Kit Kat Clock... well that's just there because it's awesome.


I like to bookmark things I see over the week and come back to them when I write my Friday Favorites post.  I didn't actually notice they were all patterned until the end of the week!   This week, I was also stoked to stumble across this little Martini Glass Brooch for $7! Anyway, for the first time in years, florals are starting to grow on me.  They sort of remind me of wallpaper but really badass old grandma's house wallpaper, and that's awesome.

I stumbled across a new brand and am curious to try it, it's called Maggie Tang.  It seems very akin to Lindy Bop, and they make the Red Rose Dress above.  Have anyone ever purchased a Mage Tang Dress before?  Also, the little love letters on the Day After Day Dress in Yours Truly are pretty damn cute. 


One of my favorite online gal pals, Kristin a/k/a Super Space Chick is a comic connoisseur.  We like to randomly instagram, tweet + email each other things from time to time that we think the other would like and in one of my recent emails, I found a recommendation for this comic!   It's called Lady Killer and it was released by Dark Horse Comics.  Josie Schuller is a homemaker + housewife but with a twist... she's also an assassin.  She's described as Betty Draper meets Hannibal.  I've already read it three times, I LOVED it.


So, over the last couple of weeks Pinup Girl Clothing showed a sneaky peak of some of their new novelty prints!  Extending their Fairytale Fantasy collection/continuing their collection of Disney-inspired prints )which currently Snow White + Peter Pan with a mermaid print + castle print) will be an Alice in Wonderland print (left).  Alice is near and dear to me, so I'm incredibly excited.  They also posted a picture of this beautiful ballerina print drawn by their very own, Micheline Pitt.  Both prints are absolutely amazing and I have to say, depending on what items they end up being printed on, I think I might have to snag one of each!

a Rafflecopter giveaway // Also, we want to congratulate Athena R. for winning our giveaway with Munster Madness for a custom circle skirt!  We + Anna will be contacted you later today!  Thank you so much to everyone who entered and participated!  We have another giveaway coming up in ten (10) days, so be on the lookout! 

What are your favorites this week?
What are your favorite things to have around when you're "staying in"?
(Ours is a good book but there were too many to include!)

18 comments:

  1. I'm SO happy you loved Lady Killer! It just screamed you so I felt compelled to email you about it :-D Also, I have the same issue with the Harry Potter snuggie. I am a Ravenclaw and I refuse to wear Gryffindor colors so I haven't purchased one yet! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. where is the fuschia dress from? the link does not seem to be working

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just double checked through my desktop + iPhone and the link worked fine for me. <3 It's from eShakti, try again here if you'd like: http://rstyle.me/~3Rv32.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! How have I missed the rabbit print?! I'm trying desperately to save money, but PUG just keeps pulling at my heartstrings. I hope there are more princess inspired ones. I'm still kicking myself for not purchasing the mermaid dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was the only one who fawned over Jess' pajamas haha. My favorite place for them is still Target, I got some there this year with flamingos and trailers on them *heaven*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started watching Hart of Dixie, so that's what I've been wanting to stay in and do this week. Have you seen it before? Lemon has REALLY GOOD style. It's been a while since I've gotten into a show that's not a documentary, so that's been fun. Have a great honeymoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martini glass brooch is adorable!! Love it, as well as the red rose dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! I'm a huge Alice in Wonderland fan and am now so excited they are making a print! Thank you for sharing the sneak peak :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! I'm seriously so happy you recommended it and I'm also REALLY happy I ordered it when I did, I noticed issue #1 sold out so quickly (in non-PDF format). Hahaha, mine was a gift or I totally wouldn't have purchased it, Warner Brothers needs to get on their game and license out the rights for Snuggies for every house. Maybe if I take a blue sharpie.... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was SO excited when I purchased it, Alice + Snow are my personal favorite Disney ladies so, now I'm 2/2 on PUG covering them. haha. I try to save until there's some sort of sale and snag my PUG goodies then.


    I'm sure they'll restock the mermaid dress as well as some of the other fairytale fantasy pieces when they extend the collection, so I bet you'll get a second chance. ; ) OR you could always try the PUG buy/swap/sell forum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha oh, her pajamas are one of my favorite parts! It makes me think "why don't I own more awesome PJs?" FLAMINGOS + TRAILERS?! Oh, I'm sad I missed those, they sound adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so stoked to have found that little guy, and for relatively cheap! I haven't picked one up yet, but I'm thinking I might need to. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen it but how cool is the name Lemon?! haha. I've been re-watching New Girl because it makes me giggle, but I'll have to check it out.


    Also, I have a documentary addiction, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're very welcome! Alice is one of my absolute favorites and I can't wait to see the full print and while items they decide to put it on. So excited! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! I stalk the Facebook buy/sell page ALL the time. I just loved the cut of it so much! I can't wait to see what they come out with this time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't even think about using the buy/sell Facebook, I always nab my things through the PUG style forum! Now I'm going to have to start lurking both! haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's sorted really nicely, so it's a bit easier to navigate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Silver Cat Tea PartyJanuary 20, 2015 at 2:03 PM

    Love these new novelty prints from PUG! Can't wait to see them in dress form!

    ReplyDelete