Amelia's Daily Life: Meet Princess Beyonce and Ziggy

Friday, January 16, 2015

June has an adorable series, "June's Little Home", where she's shared her home and what makes it special.  What feels like forever ago she did a post introducing my goddaugher, Lady Thackery Binx.

I figured now would be a perfect time to introduce you to my two 'kids', Princess Beyonce and Ziggy.  I would call them my fur-babies, but Ziggy is pretty distinguishably lacking in that department.  It's true what they say C.R.E.A.M: Cats Rule Everything Around Me.  If you don't like cats this is probably not the post for you! (;


Princess Beyonce was my Valentine's Day present in 2013.  Michael told me he had a surprise for me at his mom's house and when we showed up her friend had brought 6 kittens in hopes that I would adopt one.  I instantly fell in love with Beyonce's (originally named Kaylee) green eyes and her random patches of peach fur.  I named her Princess Beyonce, because A.) She's a Princess and B.) She just looked so sassy and full of energy, thus Princess Beyonce.  The first picture is the first picture I ever took with her...on an iPhone 3 which is why the quality isn't great, but it's one of my favorite pictures.  She's still a fairly little cat, but when I see that picture it reminds me of how much she has grown.  She is the world's best at taking naps and she refuses to leave my side when I'm sick.  She also hates pretty much everyone who isn't Michael or me..which I can't help but secretly love.  We drop her name down to one syllable a lot so she's pretty commonly known as "Yonc".


We were SO worried that Beyonce and Ziggy would not get along since they were both older and neither had been around other cats before. The first few days were rough and they definitely were not instant friends!  Now they nap together and are determined to knock every magnet off of the fridge.  It's nice knowing they have someone to hang out with while we are at work.  


I have wanted a Sphynx cat my entire life.  Seriously, no exaggeration I've always loved these little weirdos.  We adopted 'Iggy' from his original mom, because she just didn't have time to take care of his special needs.  The timing was awful as we adopted him the day after June's wedding so to say we were exhausted is an understatement.  Michael and I added a 'Z' to his name, making him Ziggy.  This is an obvious reference to Ziggy Stardust and a not so obvious reference to a wrestler named Dolph Ziggler.  He also has a million nicknames, including: Zigzagoon, Zigs, Diggy, etc.   Ziggy is unlike any other cat, because he has all of the traits of a dog.  He greets us at the door, plays fetch, licks my face in the middle of the night to wake me up so we can play and the list just goes on and on.  Unfortunately, for me Ziggy HATES cat sweaters so he refuses to wear one, but there is a good chance that you can find him burrowed into a blanket at all times.

I'm definitely no where close to having my ideal dream home..that won't happen until I move into a 1960s bungalow, but my apartment feels like a home because of these kids and Michael.  

Do you have any animals? 
If so, tell me about them and post pictures! :) 


16 comments:

  1. You may have met this jerk face, but our cocker spaniel zoey is the best dog we've ever had. She's scared of her own farts, has a relationship with her toy laser bone, fights with the pool Polaris and doesn't like the mail man. She knows how to say hello, and is possessive over bones she won't eat.

    Our giant (what my neighbors once thought was a dog) cat chester is my lover. He likes to greet you in the mornings, beat on the windows with his paws (while dreaming of what outside might be like) and actually likes baths and haircuts. He also has unhealthy toe fettish. Chester is the ladies man of all ladies men, and knows how to open AND close. He hates the vacuum cleaner, and mirrors.


    We love them, so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted a hairless cat! And I love the name Ziggy (both for the Bowie + wrestling reference!) I have two cats and a dog; Atreyu is the sweater-wearing pup, Binx is in insanely sassy, fluffy black cat, and Cat-thulhu is the white/tan one, who is the sweetest and most loveable little guy in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this post is filled with nothing but feel good love and cuteness!!!

    Huge hugs to all of you from Stella (my grey tabby) and I,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH, that picture is melting my heart!! SO cute! I love the names of your sweet fur babies! Cat-thulhu made me laugh so hard.


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you just have to brag about your kids and post cute pictures of them. If I ever have human kids they'll hate me for taking so many pictures. hah


    <333 to you and Stella!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sila!


    Oh my gosh, I met Zoey and she is the cutest! What a big personality for such a small pup! The fact that she is scared of her own farts is hilarious.


    hahha I swear, there are few things better than being greeted by a cat. It instantly melts my heart. I'm so jealous that he likes baths! Bath time for our cats is always awful. Chester sounds like the cutest little ladies man. <3


    Jude is lucky to have such amazing siblings!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute kitties! I have on cat myself, but I think she might be my last since I have a feeling I am allergic to her. T_T But at the moment I am not too allergic to keep loving her, so she will hopefully live the rest of her life with me. When she was little my roommate who was subletting adopted her but never asked her parents if they could keep her when they returned home. So she bounced from home to home and finally I was able to keep after a bunch of stupid drama happened. She has been pretty happy since, and been with my hubby and I for about 6 years! We even tried to incorporate her into our wedding as much as possible!

    http://apracticalwedding.com/2013/07/fernbrook-farms-chesterfield-cat-wedding/

    http://apracticalwedding.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Classy-Cat-Wedding-Inn-at-Fernbrook-72.jpg

    http://one-sonic-bite.com/wp-content/uploads/books-winter-2014-3.jpg

    http://one-sonic-bite.com/wp-content/uploads/010315-w.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE kitties. I had one growing up that followed me when I moved into my own apartment many years ago. She was my best friend in high school and as much as I loved her, she really did love me back. She LOVED Cody (my boyfriend) when we first got together. She passed away in 2014 and I miss her so much. I am starting to look forward to the day Cody and I adopt a cat of our own, though. Not yet, but someday soon. =) they bring so much joy to our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate when people generalize cats and say they are anti-social/not as loving as dogs, because every cat I've ever owned has been the sweetest! I'm so sorry that your little girl passed away. :( Losing a family member like that is awful. I'm sure one day you and Cody will be able to adopt a sweet little kitten to love y'all. :)


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOSH. Here eyes are so beautiful, and I love that you incorporated her into the wedding-how precious! I'm allergic to my kittens and it's awful, but it's so worth it. I'm so happy that you got to keep her after she bounced back and forth to different homes. I'm sure she's happy too!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ashley--holy crap they're beautiful! I wanted a hedgehog my entire life, and when I moved from my parents house to my current house (from South Carolina to Georgia) I was crushed to learn they are illegal to keep as pets in Georgia. :( I love their little smiles so cute! I'm sure Matilda will become a great snuggle buddy soon enough!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've dreamed of moving to Georgia for a long time but I'd never be able to give up my babies. I guess staying in Florida is good enough for now hahaha. I'm kinda obsessed with the babes. I'm one of those weirdos with an Instagram account dedicated to my animals 😳

    ReplyDelete
  13. Silver Cat Tea PartyJanuary 20, 2015 at 2:11 PM

    Love your kitty post! I love kitties. I remember when my sweet baby girl was that little!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cats! This may be my new favorite blog post. Haha. Seriously though your cats have the best names too. So cute. Plus I really want a spynx.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh! Your kitties are adorable! I love Sphynxs! I have a kitty named Tonka, he's a tonkinese! I adopted him (with that name) when he was just over a year old. He's very dog like too, and seems to be able to convert 90% of people who don't like cats, into liking him. He loves everyone, including all animals (except moths, which he hunts). Oh, and he never shuts up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww your kitties are so precious! I have a little pup named Oliver :)

    ReplyDelete