Sweaters + Bows

Sunday, December 14, 2014


As Christmas quickly approaches I've realized that I've put off shopping for way too long!  This weekend has consisted of late night Target trips and etsy shopping so I can be sure that I have something to to put in Michael's stocking.  Aside from that, I've been a bit lazy this weekend spending most of my time playing Pokemon.  No shame in my nerd game.

I've been waiting to wear this vintage skirt until it got a little colder, and even though it wasn't too chilly this weekend I knew it was time to break it out.  The wool skirt paired with the black sweater from Nicole Katherine Designs actually made me feel somewhat prepared for Winter...or at least for whatever Winter we get in Georgia.  The sweater has a cute bow in the front, but unfortunately I couldn't capture it too well in photos.  I'm usually not one to wear sweaters, but this one changes my outlook on them! 

Outfit Details 
Lana Sweater c/o Nicole Katherine Designs
Nana Black Heels  |  Bait Footwear 
Cherry Clip c/o Pollypop Boutique 
Tartan Skirt  |  Vintage



I've been trying different ways of curling my hair for an eternity and never get consistent results (my hair is so long and heavy.)  Even after I cut several inches off before my wedding, I'm still not having much success.  Heat curls fall out by mid-day and I usually get AMAZING results from wet sets + setting lotion, BUT I either end up looking like a poodle (although, day two of poodle curls actually look pretty awesome) or having my curls too loose.  I've tried curling it at varying degrees of dampness with different products AND different size curlers.  I started researching pincurls a little more and found Solanah from Vixen Vintage's tutorial, it's the best one I've ever found.  I run out of space on small head for all my crazy hair and I always have some that turn out wonky, but I love them.  It's all I've been doing lately, it even makes styling easier!

 I freaking LOVE a fitted sweater + a bullet bra, especially this little Grace Sweater.  It's basically my favorite combination, but I know it's not for everyone.  When I was researching wedding dresses, I started coming across a lot of articles on vintage-style dress sites about the different shapes bras give your breasts (i.e. a lot of heaving padded bras making your breasts grapefruit shaped versus vintage + vintage styled bras giving your breasts a conical shape).  And I started realizing most of my bras were totally awful shaped so I started slowly swapping them all over to the conical ones (examples here).


Outfit Post
Grace Sweater c/o Nicole Katherine Designs
Manhattan Circle Skirt  |  Tatyana Design
Getaway Purse  |  Lux De Ville
// Also, Congratulations to our 10 Erstwilder Christmas Giveaway Winners: Britty Leigh, Carmen (Slacktarts), Melody Penelope, Lonna Hays, Jade (jadeikens), Emili J., Laurie (RetroReporter), Karley (Cherrybomb_x), Melanie Dantsis and Heather Rose.  We will be emailing you all tonight so hop on over to Erstwilder's site and pick our your favorite design from the Summer '14 collection.

//  Don't forgot to enter the giveaway for two ladies to win a Malco Modes petticoat

Do you have a favorite sweater?
What does your favorite "chilly day" outfit look like?

13 comments:

  1. I adore both your sweaters! It's freezing here in the uk sonic in need of stocking up on a few of these. Love your vintage skirt Amelia and June your new Baits are darling!! Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! you both make the heart go a-pitter-patter in your festive outfits! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo, didn't win, but that's okay! Katie- that outfit is fabulous. Amanda- you look great too, it's a lot of fun thinking of all the different things we can do to shape our bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Grace sweater is so cute! I love the 'sweater girl' look, but it's eluded me until this year as I have a small frame & relatively large bust what Americans generally (now) call sweaters (cardigans) have been no good for me as the buttons pull apart and look horrible, so I've been on the lookout for a real sweater (jumper) and managed to find the almost perfect one this year just in time for a photoshoot where I wanted one of my 'looks' to be "sweater girl"-ish

    ReplyDelete
  5. These outfits aren't as colorful as your usual ones but dang they are still super duper cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own that Tatyana skirt and it's absolutely my favorite. I love seeing it on someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's absolutely beautiful! June looks fantastic in it, and I'm sure you do too!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are definitely a little toned down from our usual outfits! It's a nice change of pace for us for the cooler days.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely relate! The 'gaping' that happens with the buttons is so annoying. I also struggle, because I have a super long torso so sweaters always hit way too high on me.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. :( So sorry babe! Keep your eye out, because we will hopefully be offering more fun giveaways in the future!


    Thank you! I really loved the darker tones. Doesn't Amanda look fantastic? She's such a babe!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know how you manage to still dress cute with such cold weather--you're my hero!!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you know you can create short urls with Shortest and make $$$ from every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete