Southern Winter: Our Winter Outfit Favorites

Saturday, December 27, 2014

We realized we haven't done an Outfit Roundup post since October, so here we are at the end of 2014, looking through our roundup archive here on the blog while we're writing this, but more specifically, what we've worn since the last post!

Living in the southern US, we've seen a few cold mornings but so far this winter, we've been able to leave our houses without jackets half the time so if you're wondering where our boots + scarves are.... we haven't needed them yet!

Amelia's Top 13

1. Purple Harlequin Jenny Dress (post) | 2. Vintage Dress & Brooch c/o Erstwilder (post) | 3. Vintage Hieroglyphics Skirt (post) | 4. Daphne Dress c/o Voodoo Vixen (post)  | 5. Sewing Pattern Dress c/o Bernie Dexter (Post) | 6. Spanish Fans Jenny Skirt (Post
1. Sweater c/o Nicole Katherine Designs (post) | 2. Flamingo Cardi & Floral Dress c/o Stars and Swallows (post) | 3. Sophia Top & Veronica Skirt c/o Steady Clothing (post) | 4. Rose Border Lydia Dress (post) | 5. Cherry Dress c/o Emmy Design (post) | 6. Yellow Vintage Dress

Compiling this outfit round-up had me laughing so much.  I have a bad habit of loving a certain trend or color and wearing it to death.  I guess the Christmas spirit got the best of me, and I wore a lot of red.  I wonder what color will inspire me in the colder months.

Confetti Lucite Brooch | Vintage Purse & Hair scarf 

I've said it so many times, but I can't help it, this dress is freaking phenomenal.  I love everything about it from the color to the fit it's fantastic.  Buying this Trashy Diva dress on sale was the best purchase I've ever made.  Maybe I love this outfit, because it reminds me of my day with June, but whatever the case it's my favorite outfit in my transition to colder weather. 

June's Top 13

1.  Regina Dress in Sugar Stripe Purple c/o Heart of Haute (post) | 2. Maritime to Go Dress (post) | 3. Snow White Jenny Skirt (post) | 4. Dolly Dress c/o The Seamstress of Bloomsbury (post) | 5. Tweed Ruched Sleeve Jumper (post) | 6. Shelley Dress c/o Pollypop Boutique (post)
1. Katnis Dress c/o Voodoo Vixen (post)  |  2.  Paris Dress c/o Bernie Dexter (post)  |  3. Purple Harlequin Jenny Skirt (post)  |  4. 1960s Print Harley Dress (post)  |  5. Burlesque Print Jenny Skirt (post)  |  6. Cherry Blossom Cardigan (post)

I've been running around 5 miles a day for a while now and have been really excited about feeling healthier and having more energy but also, about feeling more confident wearing my wiggles + other, tighter fitting things.  Looking back (even at some of the outfits that didn't make the favorites) I'm stoked on the days when I feel adventurous and wear a pencil skirt or a wiggle dress... or days that decide to wear my 3834058 pound hair up instead of down or switch up my glasses.  I'm really starting to enjoy mixing things up more.

Gwen Dress in Gray c/o Nicole Katherine Design  |  Persia Heels c/o Miss L Fire  |  Vintage Purse
Glamour Girdle (with garter straps) by What Katie Did  |  Bow Backseam Stockings by Leg Avenue

There are so many reasons why I love the dress back in this post and subsequently, why it's because my favorite outfit this time 'round.  Nicole is such a talented lady  and I don't know if its the ascot, the 3/4 length sleeves, the lovely gray color or simply the fact that it makes me feel like I'm channeling my inner Joan Holloway but this dress is beautiful.  I have my eye on her Sharon Dress (which is backless and WONDERFUL) but she's out of it in my size.  Maybe I'll get lucky soon. ; )

What's your favorite outfit, recently? 
How was your Christmas?!

12 comments:

  1. It's pretty amazing that you can wear those clothes this time of year. Up here in the PNW its all flannels and long johns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy your warm weather! Although, we haven't had snow yet and I miss it like crazy! My favourite winter outfit are the ponte de roma Lady Skater dresses I've made - warm, cozy, and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no cap on the gorgeous outfit inspiration that's riff in this lovely recap post, dear ladies. Your blog's presence in the vintage community (as well your Instagram accounts) has really helped to make 2014 an especially stylish year!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have both been ROCKIN' those retro outfits!! I can't wait to see what you have in store for 2015.... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell me, where so you get your glasses? Are they vintage or??

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok gals, i just saw 26 of the snazziest outfits i have seen all year! you both have such a great fashion sense and you definitely know how to "church it up" when you need to! i can't pick a favorite for either of you because they are all so awesome! however i can definitely say that for the big pics at the end of each list, on amelia i love that vibrant splash of color--you dazzle! on june, you look snazzy classy and those stockings rock! you ladies rock and i look forward to being dazzled many more times in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark--you're always too sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words and support it means so much to us both.


    2014 was a great year, and here is to making 2015 even better!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie,

    We both wear multiple pairs of glasses. June wears mostly vintage glasses and also glasses from Coastal.com. You can see her post here: http://junebugsandgeorgiapeaches.blogspot.com/2014/10/east-coastal-winds-plaid.html

    I wear mostly Ray-Bans, and also a fabulous pair of glasses from Coastal.com. http://junebugsandgeorgiapeaches.blogspot.com/2014/10/going-coastal-tortoiseshell-buttercups.html



    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Porcelina!


    We know 2015 is going to be a great year, and we can't wait to show you even more adorable outfits!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica, you always have the kindest things to say!


    Thank you so much for your continued support and kind words. We hope to make 2015 fantastic!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those sound fantastic! I'm awful at dressing for the cold weather so these next few months are going to get tough for me. hah


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Good Ol' South ha I hate cold weather so I'm not sure how i would survive living anywhere else. My sister lives in North Dakota and when she comes home to visit even if it's cold to me she thinks it's warm now.


    Stay Warm!


    xox

    ReplyDelete