Pink Harlequin + Plaid

Sunday, December 28, 2014


Mine + Collin's honeymoon to Disney World is officially one month away and I've started outfit planning.  This is awesome for a few reasons 1) I'm getting stoked on the trip but 2) it has me digging through my closet, pulling out dresses that have been locked away since summer days, since it's far warmer in Orlando than it is in Nashville.  I stumbled across my hands down, favorite vintage piece in my wardrobe, this pink harlequin print dress, which came all the way from Sweden.

I'm basically the queen of harlequin print and I hoard all things I find in the pattern, but this dress is exceptionally adorable with the little bow in the skirting and the Judy Jetson (as I like to call it) collar.  I'm not a big jewelry kind of girl because my nerd skin is allergic to everything but I was recently surprised with this Fuchsia Jelly Shoe Necklace and was stoked because it's adorable AND it didn't irritate my skin.  Also, I took this as an opportunity to finally sneak in my Black Friday purchase of this To Die For Purse.


Outfit Details
Pink Harlequin Dress  |  Vintage
To Die For Purse  |  Unique Vintage
Gray Suede Shoes  |  Aldo (similar)

Now that Christmas is over, life is back to normal and a little bit less hectic.  Luckily, Mother Nature has been so kind and the temperature has been in the mid 70s here in Georgia....so I had pretty much the exact opposite of a 'White Christmas'.  I have a love-affair with crop tops so this burst of warm weather was the perfect opportunity to wear one of my all time favorite tops.  This Pontchartrain top is utterly fantastic even when it's not paired with its matching skirt, and it's name alone has me sold since I love everything to do with Louisiana. 

I generally don't wear a lot of purple so I loved how well the Lavender Jelly Shoe Necklace matched the colors in the top.  After our last outfit roundup  I noticed I had been wearing a lot of red and darker colors lately.  This outfit was me reminding myself of how much I love color!  Also, I've had these shoes since high school, and I refuse to let them go because they're so comfy and adorable.

Outfit Details 
Pontchartrain Top | Trashy Diva
Polka Dot Shoes | Old (Similar)

What's your favorite accessory?  
 What prints have you been wearing lately?

14 comments:

  1. I have that same skirt, Amelia, and LOVE IT! I have it in purple and am finding new tops to pair it with everyday! It's such a great skirt basic to have in one's wardrobe!


    SaraLily
    In a Nutshell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that harlequin dress, especially because it's pink. Both of you look adorable! I have to say, I never really noticed until now that both of you have tattoos, which I think is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon too! Just a heads up, it's usually chilly there in January especially in the morning and evening. It's a good idea to bring some coordinating cardigans because Florida in the winter is never as warm as you expect it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I'm dying...that pink harlequin dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh what an adorable dress and that handbag is beautiful! Loving those buttons on that top Amelia and your hair is gorgeous as always. I'm just freezing looking at you both though; frosty, icy, minus temperatures here in Scotland right now! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. once again, both of you gals know how to wow! love both very nifty outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you on the sensitive skin front big time, dear Amanda. I'm allergic to nickel and numerous other things, as well as have immensely sensitive skin in general, so more often than not, I stick with plastic, wood, sterling silver, copper or brass pieces, but even there, one never knows what will tricky easily irritated skin to act up. It's awesome that this necklace works well for you - that is always such a fabulous thing to find for those with tender epidermis like us. :)

    Countless happy New Year's wishes to you both!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both adorable! How exciting that your honeymoon is coming up too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it so much! It's such a good basic skirt. I have it in red, black and green and I've had my eye on that purple one for a while now!


    A basic circle skirt is the best.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it fantastic? I love pink so much, and it's perfect on Amanda!


    They stay pretty well hidden. haha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Florida is so similar to Georgia with it's unpredictable weather.


    Since, I have season passes to Universal Studios we've gone in pretty much every season, and I don't know what's worse being super cold or being hot.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's such a good find! I'm so jealous. ha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much, darling!


    I'm so happy that I've had relatively warm weather for now! It always gets cold here in February, but then it's back to Spring!


    xox

    ReplyDelete