New Year's Eve: Sparkle + Cherries

Wednesday, December 31, 2014


Michael and I usually spend New Year's Eve in Orlando riding roller coasters at Universal Studios.  This year we decided to stay home and have a mini-'stay'cation instead since we have both been working so much.  So far we have planned to go to a trampoline park, new vegan restaurant and a few arcades, so nothing too crazy.  I've been off work this week so it's been so nice to have my mornings to myself to drink coffee and do yoga.

For New Year's Eve this year we will probably go have a few drinks, and then hopefully light off some fireworks.  I don't even care about the big fireworks...I mostly just like to play with sparklers.  It's definitely going to be a pretty laid back night.  As far as my outfit, this dress was originally white (it was the dress I was married in!), but I knew I'd never wear it again if it was white so I dyed it blue.  I'm super happy with the blue color, and it still maintained it's sparkles.  While I was taking these pictures I totally had an epiphany and realized I looked like Cinderella.  Blue dress?  Check.  Glass Slipper?...sorta, do Glittery jelly shoes count? 


 Outfit Details 
Silver Glitter Jelly Shoes c/o Sun Jellies
Confetti Lucite Brooch | Luxulite



I had a few days off for Christmas and, since civil defense attorneys are notorious workaholics, was back in the office this week.  But, now I'll be off few a few days again... which I'm stoked about!  Last year, Collin + I along with Michael + Amelia, went to Wizarding World and it was one of the best trips of my life, because it was my first trip to Wizarding World (blogged about here) and our first big trip as a group!  Our dudes work in F+B so it's really hard for them both to get enough of a weekend off to go anywhere for too long, which is ultimately what happened this year.

This had Collin + I scrambling trying to decide what we wanted do to for NYE until we got a text from Collin's coworkers about a "low energy hang with high energy fire"... and I mean... how do you pass that up? The last campfire we hit up had a s'mores bar y'all... A S'MORES BAR.  Since we'll be sitting on blankets in someone's backyard, I'll probably wear something a little more casual but thought it'd be fun to dress up in what I'd wear if I was going somewhere fancier.  Bring on the LBD's and sparkles.


Outfit Details
Secretary Circle Dress  |  Tatyana Design
The Frankie Pump in Gold Glitter  |  Madewell 1937 (similar)
Hey Viv! Nylon Scarf  |  Amazon
Gold Clutch  |  Thrifted (similar)
Nude Seamed Stockings  |  What Katie Did
Cabaret Peach Garter Belt |  What Katie Did

What are your NYE plans?
What are you wearing?

26 comments:

  1. You both look amazing! These are such great NYE looks. Katie -- you do look like Cinderella, and I did a Cinderella-themed post a looong while back where I wore jelly shoes, too! It just makes sense. :) Amanda, your bumper bangs look PERFECT. I wish I were doing something more exciting for NYE than hanging out with my parents, buuuut at least there'll be yummy food. Hope you both have a wonderful & sweet New Year.


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these outfits!! I had planned on wearing some gold sparkle as well, but we've also opted for a stay-cation (love that word!!!) at my family cottage. We need a little quite us time. While we may not have a s'more bar, i definitely feel s'mores are a necessity after reading this post!
    PS. LOVE that necklace!!! WANT! NEED!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color that your dress came out after the dye job! I've only tie dyed swap pieces that had stains.
    I have done the bonfire thing with my friends for New Years. Last year we got on the roof of my friends house, went in the pool and watched people jump over the fire. Another friend was a DJ. Needless to say, it was a great way to bring in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue dress sort of looks like champagne bubbles so win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at "s'mores bar". Love both of your dresses and hair-- I've been combing (haha) through your archives for retro long hair tutorials and am ready to get to work at whipping this mane of mine into shape! :) Happy new years, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never would have known that dress had been dyed had you not said so. It looks fantastic in blue! It and those shoes are perfect for NYE!


    A s'mores bar sounds so fun and those sparkly shoes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both look stunning! The blue dress transformation is amazing! Happy New Year to you both :)

    Becca
    Super Style Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looooove the blue dye job! I have the same dress in white and now I kind of want to dye it too. What brand and color dye did you use? Any special tips or just follow the instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both look gorgeous, Happy New Year!!! Your nightS both sound dee-lightful! I will be heading out to a loverly dinner with my bestie, wearing PinUp Girl Clothing's Monica dress in Dark Navy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. June, we have similar body shapes in terms of measurements. I was wondering if you think the Tatyana size chart runs small, large, or true to sizes listed?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of your outfits! I love that Amelia dyed her wedding dress blue; I might actually like the dress even better in color, you can see the circle print better! And June, I have the earring version of your necklace, haha! I also have a clutch nearly exactly like yours. The sparkle is the best thing ever. Happy New YEar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!


    I totally agree--when I bought the dress I had NO idea it had little circles on it from the picture. So I really love the way the blue helped bring those out.


    Nothing says NYE like sparkles!


    Happy New Year!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Andrea,


    We are so happy that you enjoy the blog!


    The circles were there originally, but were super hard to see unless close to the dress!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I asked June, and she said that the size chart runs a size large and to size down.


    In my experience, I also agree!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are so much fun! I want to stock up in all of their colors.


    I'm thrilled that we've been able to put our selves out their and really let our personalities shine through while writing this blog. It's been so fun getting to know everyone!


    xox Happy New Year Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year!


    I bet you looked fantastic! The Monica is such a beautiful dress.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! I was SO happy with the way it turned out.


    I used RIT dye in the color aquamarine. I can't remember if the dye comes with any instructions. I've been dying and tie-dying stuff for so long that I don't really remember how I learned to do it. I basically, soaked the dress in warm water. While doing that, I took a big pot with water and put it on the stove. Once the water is hot I add the dye. Then I had the dress and stir it for about 30 minutes or so.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Becca! I was so happy with how it turned out..and relieved that I didn't ruin a dress. hah


    Happy New Year!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Mandy! I really love it in blue, and now I know I'll wear it more.


    Seriously, the s'mores bar was the best thing ever!!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. The S'mores bar was what dreams are made of, seriously! Thank you for the sweet words, Lisa!


    Let us know how the hair tutorials work! Good luck!


    Happy New Year!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought the same thing! It's the perfect casual NYE dress!


    Happy New Year!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you! I was so happy with the color!


    That sounds like so much fun! What a fun celebration!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stay-cations are the best! People really underestimate the joys of staying home. I hope y'all had a great time Jana!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year, Sammi!


    I hope you had a great NYE and ate all of the yummy food ;) I ended up having a migraine so I literally did nothing, which was a total bummer.


    I love that we both went the jelly shoe route! We are way more low-maintence then Cinderella. haha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh awesome, you can get RIT anywhere and it's easy to use. Thaaaaanks!

    ReplyDelete