Hieroglyphics + Cherry Blossoms

Saturday, December 20, 2014


Today is such an exciting day, because I get to go pick up my older sister from the airport!  She's only three years older than me so we've always been best friends; she moved to Fargo, ND a few years back and it's been super hard on us both.  So I'm doing a happy dance knowing I get to see my Lindzee in a few hours.  I know she's excited for warmer weather, but it's been so windy here that it may not be too much better!  

This vintage hieroglyphics skirt is one of my all time favorite purchases.  I debated about buying it for months before I finally did, and now I don't know why I waited so long.  I've always loved history so this skirt's print is so perfect for me, and I could wear it out of the store because it was my size (yay no sewing!).  Also, every time the crappy plastic zipper breaks on one of my modern dresses, I praise this metal zipper for being amazing.  I wish plastic zippers were never invented.


Outfit Details
Hieroglyphic Skirt  |  Vintage
Cropped Cardigan c/o Sourpuss Clothing
Belt  |  Bernie Dexter
Wedges  |  Target (Old) (similar)
Hair Flower  |  NicCoCo Creations 



Today is the Nashville Flea Market which is one of my absolutely FAVORITE things!  One of my co-workers and favorite people, Liz, (she was also a bridesmaid in our wedding) and I are meeting at 8:00 am, grabbing coffee and going to burrow for some wonderful vintage things, pyrex and good deals!  I'm on the search for some '50s or '60s ceramic tall cats, spaghetti poodles, taxidermy + other curiosities for Collin (we have quite the collection).  I'll let y'all know what we find!

I'm still having amazing success with pincurls, so I'm stoked on that.  As far as my outfit is concerned, I also got lucky and stumbled upon this Bernie Dexter Cardigan!  Did y'all know she made cardigans, because I didn't!?  She sells her samples on eBay and I snatched this up for $36.   And last but certainly not least, I got another pair of my vintage frames retrofit and I absolutely LOVE them... what do y'all think?


Outfit Details
 Cherry Blossom Cardigan  |  Bernie Dexter
Bow Back Pencil Skirt  |  Amazon (no longer in green but found here)
Vintage Nylon Skirt  |  Thrifted (similar here)
Ida Tangerine  |  BAIT Footwear (similar)

//   Also, congratulations to our two Malco Modes Giveaway winners,  Cerian Halford and Briana Herzog!  We'll be contacting you today so start thinking about your petticoat + color choice!  Thank you to everyone who entered, we have such amazing readers!  We have more giveaways coming up in January that we can't wait to share with you!!!

What are your plans for this weekend?
What will you be wearing? Feel free to post outfits + selfies! haha

14 comments:

  1. What do you mean when you say that you got your glasses retrofitted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose the actual definition for the word is having something new put into something old, so it can apply to anything. But, that's what it's called when you have the original lenses removed and have modern lenses with your prescription put in; having them "retrofit". <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I can't believe I won! Thank you so much this is the best surprise Christmas gift!! I do volunteer work dressed vintage so I can't wait to put together a couple gorgeous outfits!! This weekend we are going caroling and I'm singing at church this. I bought a dress from SWAK and made a hairpiece for that and Christmas day, so I'm excited to wear it, waiting is tough. I love Christmas!! πŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls... girls!!! BLOODY HELL STOP LOOKING SO FABULOUS! First of all, that hieroglyph skirt is AMAZING, but that rose sweater? To die for! Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gals! I was watching that Bernie cardigan on eBay ha! ;) Love love love your frames!! I saw so many amazing vintage frames in a thrift store in Seattle but the few I tried on looked too big for my face!

    This weekend I've been making lists of what left to get for Christmas dinner & wrapping gifts :) I had my work Christmas dinner last night which was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love the hieroglyph skirt! I'm always on the lookout for novelty print skirts at vintage/thrift stores and that one is amazing - great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a gorgeous hieroglyph skirt! And omg, I won!! Thanks so much :D Perfect early christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on the plastic zip hate, Amelia! Broken invisible zips are resposible for so much of my mending pile.


    Your pincurls are looking amazing, June - and good luck at the market!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two always look so amazing! I love that you're venturing into more pencil skirts Amanda! They look really lovely on your shape.

    Hope you had luck at the flea market! I love the Nashville one too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, lovely lady! I seriously can't want to see how style + enjoy it and yellow is such a fun color! CAROLING? That sounds like SO MUCH FUN. I hope you have an amazing time and your outfit sounds wonderful. I hope your Christmas is amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Nora, you are just too incredibly sweet! Thank you so much, I love this rose sweater lots myself and $35? What a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amanda you look stunning in pencil skirts & wiggle dresses! <3 and Katie that skirt is so cute - you definitely made the right decision when you bought it, but think how much more you'll treasure it because you waited to get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love caroling!! People are always so surprised and grateful! I also sang Christmas songs sunday morning at church, I'm blessed to be able to perform. Its funny, I had a bad attitude about christmas for a few weeks in early November. My hubby quit working for health reasons and I had a hard time dealing especially because of the holidays and not having money to buy presents this year but I got over it, decided to do all my normal Christmas celebrating and leave the rest to God. I entered contests like normal because I always need wardrobe for pinup volunteer work and performing we can't afford it, so I always try to win. God truly blessed me because I not only won the petticoat from you, I also won a new Elsa dress from Lady Mayra on facebook!! Thank you for being part of my Christmas blessings, I can't wait to show you the outfits I put together!! Merry Christmas to you and your families!! πŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ⛄

    ReplyDelete
  14. Smashingly lovely outfits, sweet dears! I have to second Taylor here in the comments, you look sensational in pencil skirts and wiggle dresses, Amanda. They're perfection on most of us gals who are blessed with curves.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete