Geometry + Harlequin + Black Friday Purchases

Saturday, December 13, 2014



I try to snag a few things during Black Friday sales, but I'm usually far more concerned about making sure I have my gifts for everyone else.  However, I always look forward to finding out what Pinup Girl Clothing has in store for their fans (this year it was 30% off sitewide).  I'd already decided I was only going to buy sale items (ok, I failed and ended up snagging one full price item).  I was excited about finding one of the colorways of my favorite style, the Harley Dress, was included in the sale section.   It's definitely a very unique geometric print, but I freaking love it.

 I was pleasantly surprised that as full as the dress is, a cardigan didn't look awkward layered over it (I already have it in coral and green fleur de lis but hadn't made it around to trying to layer over it yet).  Also, I was having a lazy day so I took a tube sock and modified the "sock bun" a little bit to look more like a sloppy beehive.  It was good enough for me! 


Outfit Details
Harley Dress in 1960s Print  |  Pinup Girl Clothing
Jennifer Petticoat in Peach c/o Malco Modes 
Cream Cardigan  |  Forever 21 (similar)
In a Classic of It's Own Heels  |  Modcoth
Hair Scarf  | Vintage (similar)

BF Buys 12-14-14

My Other Black Friday Buys:
1.  Matador Skirt from Pinup Girl Clothing
5.  Jenny Skirt in Red Spanish Fan Print (sold out)



I already have two of the Pinup Girl Clothing harlequin prints, and I've been lusting after the other two for some time now.  I knew before any sales happened that I would most likely be making all of my Black Friday purchases from Pinup Girl Clothing so I could let my harlequin addiction grow and because they were having SUCH a good sale.  The Purple and Green Harlequin Jenny Dress will forever be referred to as my 'Joker' dress.  When I wear it I constantly want to ask people, "You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?", but I've been able to control myself as to not freak people out. ;)  This has been such a busy year for Michael and me so I decided to not go too crazy, but I'm super happy with all of my Black Friday buys.  

P.S. if you look in these pictures you can see my Malco Modes Jennifer Petticoat!  Remember to enter our giveaway to be one of two winners to win a Malco Modes petticoat of your choice! 


Outfit Details:
Bella Lace Cardigan c/o SourPuss 
Brooch | Vintage
Ballet Flats | Similar 
Hair Flower | Similar 
FF 12-14-14
My Other Black Friday Buys:


And last but not least..... OUR NEW BLOGGING BABIES!  Amelia calls hers "white bitch" and I call mine "Eleanor".  They're both Canon EOS REBEL SL1's in white.  We've been saving for SO LONG to make sure we got cameras that were everything we were looking for.  We also bought tripods, nifty fifty lenses and some filters to play around with.  It's definitely going to be a learning curve, but we're so excited about increasing the quality of the photos on our blog. Hooray!

What did you snag on Black Friday?
We'd love to see, feel free to upload photos and link the shit out of things!

26 comments:

  1. You both look darling (and Amanda, I love your hair up!). Both of these dresses are beautiful on you. And ooh that camera is goooorgeous. I'm a sucker for white tech accessories! Can't wait to see your photos with them!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a few of the same things you two did - I got the Jenny dress in purple and in red, and the Harley dress in olive and in the 1960's print. I love seeing how you two style/accessorize your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great buys! I'd wear either of those outfits in a minute. I didn't really buy much during black friday, just some wool socks and a cool yoga mat (http://www.magiccarpetym.com/) but my local thrift store had a huge sale with things they saved all year for it- I got an old photo album, may the 1870-90s filled with, what I think are cartes de visites, although that would place them as earlier. I was having a hard time guessing age because it is all headshots and I usually guess years by the womens' skirts.


    Anyway, exciting about the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the purple jenny! I wanted it so bad and it was going to be both my birthday/Christmas present (since they are a week apart) but my order got canceled because they ran out of stock. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both look beautiful ladies! I mainly did a Black Friday haul at PUG. I snagged the harlequin skirt in green & purple, Harley dress in olive green, Ashley dress in black, lavender Jenny dress & lastly a Doris top in green but I paid full price for that one :) Really happy with my purchases and looking forward to styling them on the blog very soon!

    Great camera by the way! Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer @ grimmricksenDecember 13, 2014 at 7:31 PM

    The nifty fifty lens takes beautiful portraits, but to get full body shots you have to have a lot of space/distance between you and your subject. I love mine though. Make sure to baby it because that particular lens is pretty delicate. I messed up my auto focus motor by not being careful enough.

    Oh and I grabbed the brown Harlequin jenny dress, Italian landscape jenny, pink elephant Heidi dress, and some rago shapewear (that I've already resold because it hit me in all the wrong spots - sad).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your fabulous new cameras, dear gals. My trusty Rebel went to the big photo lab in the sky last month after more than seven years of incredibly loyal service (though it had been on the out for a few months, so its demise didn't come as a huge shock). Beside the fact that I love taking pics, having a working, wonderful DSLR is a must for taking product snaps for my Etsy shop, so I had no choice but to splurge and by a Rebel mere days after that happened. I was a good girl though, and just got the body. As much as I would have loved some new glass, we're technically covered for my current needs there, so a body only it was and though the expense hurt, the experience of this new, far more modern Rebel is pure, painless joy!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooohhh in love with these two dresses - such beautiful additions to your already stunning wardrobes ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are stinking adorable! I love these dresses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dresses! I'd love to hear a review of your new cameras; I need to buy a new camera but I am totally lost on what model to get!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Black Friday haul was all from PUG, and was mainly separates, the only thing I didn't get that I'm now gutted I've missed out on is the Harley dress in olive sateen (Amanda I love that pattern on you, but I'm not so sure I'd suit it!). I'm also satisfying my harlequin love buy buying more of the discounted stuff once I got paid - I'm trying the Jenny skirt again, as I think my first go with her was more of a colour issue than a skirt issue...keep your fingers crossed I like her better this time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought the Film Noir dress, the red Havana dress and the purple Hawaiian skirt all from PUG

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooo--your dresses are freakin' cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We will definitely be including little bits about them here and there in future posts! We are both so excited to get to experiment with them!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much Nora! Nothing like a new dress to lift my Winter spirits.
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Jessica! We are excited to have them.


    Oh no! RIP to you're Rebel. I'm sure he's in a better place. I know i'll have to be extra careful, because I'm a major klutz.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are some amazing purchases! I love the Italian Landscape Jenny!


    I'm hoping I won't be too clumsy for my own good and ruin the lens. Super nervous!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a good haul! I had to limit myself, but I have my eye on a few things. I just love a good deal!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much babe! I absolutely love it! I'm not a huge fan of purple usually, but I really like this combo. Oh no :( That's the worst! I hope you got something equally as awesome instead!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's awesome! I've actually asked my husband for a yoga mat for Christmas! How fantastic! That sounds like an amazing 'Black Friday' deal!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! PUG is always a great decision! I love the 1960s Print and I am super regretting not purchasing it myself.


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Sammi!


    I'm the same way! My iPhone, iPod and (my old )Macbook are all white. I love white accessories--they just look so sleek.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It helped more that I had a discount code too! ;)

    ReplyDelete