Friday Favorites #38

Friday, December 19, 2014

Time for another Friday Favorites!  We hope everyone's week has been amazing and that you're all Christmas party-ed out and ready for the real thing!  I'm excited to eat a huge southern breakfast with my family.... in our matching pajamas... yes, matching pajamas y'all, including aunts + uncles, my mom insists.

FF 12-19-14


I've been making an effort to lurk around on sites I don't usually shop on to add some diversity and ended up on Chicwish and found some insanely cute skirts!  So many classic silhouettes going on like that  Classic Twill A-line Panel Skirt!  I also really love the Houndstooth Pencil Skirt, I'm not usually a huge fan on pink but I think this skirt might be the exception.  What do you ladies think, are you more of a wiggle skirt or a swing skirt kinda gal?


So, I still have massive holes in my ears from stretching them when I was younger, but I usually find work arounds to still be able to wear cute earrings.  These Kate Spade Small Stud Multicolor Glitter Earrings are the cutest earrings I've seen in a really long time.  They come in a few other colors, but the multicolors are, by far, the cutest.

FF 12-18-14
A  |  B  |  C  |  D  |  E  |  F  |  G

And of course, once you start skirt shopping, you end up looking at other separates.  I usually pick reasonably simple tops, attributing it that to the fact that my skirts are often f*cking huge + sometimes patterned or novelty printed.  I especially love the Let's Get Baking! Top in Cherry (labeled as F), it's one of those tops I'd buy in more than one color ; )


I have a small collection (Alice, Narnia, Grimm, Poe) of the Leatherbound Classics from Barnes and Noble, but this collection.... oh my God, how impressive!  Considering how beautiful they are, the fact that they usually run around $20 is pretty good motivation for me to pick one up every once in a while and a pretty good deal.  I usually add them to my Christmas list when someone wants something easy to grab for me, who doesn't love getting a good book?

FF 12-19-14

So, I realized after the fact that I just so happened to pick shoes the colors of traffic lights (haha).  I absolutely love kitten heels for work and all of these are just the right size so that my couple of block walk to work from my car won't be excruciating.  Bettie Page Shoes has been putting out some REALLY adorable things lately, like these Revive Got an Idea Heels.  They also come in red!

Also, we're going to end with this hilarious video which has Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake, Third Eye Blind AND summer camp.... does it get any better?  We laughed so hard we cried.


What are your favorite things this week?
Are you ready for the holidays yet?!

9 comments:

  1. Oh no! The earring link goes to different (albeit it adorable) earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same earrings, different colorways! The link worked last night, I think they sold out. That was QUICK! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been searching for the perfect red midi skirt for SO LONG and now I've just found it (and at 15% off!). I'd never have thought to check Chicwish before, thank you so much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been really loving circle skirts - my uniform lately has been a circle skirt with a tucked in button down and a cardigan (I'm a librarian so this work pretty much every day). For anyone larger (I'm not sure how the sizing goes on the skirts you posted), Eloquii has LOTS of gorgeous flared midi skirts and is having a 50% off sale right now (30% off sale items). I promise I don't work for them but as a plus sized lady I love their skirts so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to buy or even try on a good wiggle skirt or dress! But I'm all about the swing skirts!! And those leatherbound books!!! I only had one from this whole set, Hitchhiker's Guide, and my dog chewed up the cover!! It wasn't as cute as the one in this picture though! And holy crap, those are really cute earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, so glad you were able to help! It's so awesome when you've been searching and searching for a piece, and then you finally find it!



    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a fantastic daily wardrobe! Circle skirts are just so versatile!


    Thanks for the tip! We love when people share their favorite places to shop. <3


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. It took me so long to break out of my comfort zone and buy wiggle pieces. Swing Skirts are just so comfy and flattering.


    Oh no! :(


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melanie HuddlestonJanuary 8, 2015 at 12:37 PM

    Comfort is definitely a reason! But I'm just not sure how it will look!! You look fabulous in your wiggle dresses!! I really want to try on a PUG Monica dress in black or any color really!!

    ReplyDelete