Friday Favorites #37

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Happy Friday (Favorites)!  So, there are exactly two weeks until Christmas and I'm so excited to see my family again!  In the meantime, I've been wandering 'round the internet a bit looking at all the new things that are being added because I've noticed a lot of sites are still doing pretty big sales once a week or so and I've been keeping my wishlists updated!  Always love snatching things up in a clearance sale!

FF 12-11-14


During the colder months, I always like to stock up on dresses with sleeves (especially 3/4 length ones) like the Keyhole Front Dress because I cover my tattoos up every day.  Sometimes it's nice to leave the cardigans at home during the summer and switch to sleeves.  I also wear a lot of sheath and wiggle dresses also (one of my favorites is the Rita Wiggle Dress) so I've started trying to pick more of those up. 

via Amanda Fatherazi Shop
I have fallen HEAD OVER HEELS in love with Amanda Fatherazi lately.  Her shop is full love lovely lady brooches like the ones pictures above and although they're a little out of my price range, they're lust-inducing nonetheless.  She was even commissioned by shoe designer Charlotte Olympia to create life-sized mannequin dolls for her London and New York flagship stores.  Can you imagine life size versions of he ladies above? Ah-maze-ing.

FF 12-12-14 (2)

I love cardigans that tie in the front. It completely sells me on a cardigan so I'm always on the hunt for new ones like the Classy Corsage Cardigan.  Also, I love a good collar, especially on days when it's just cool and not f*cking freezing so I may have to pick up this Green Leopard Fur Cardigan from Amazon.  I'm been seeing more US vendors like Banned on Amazon carrying UK brands and sometimes that's a HUGE help with international shipping savings.


I've talked about this lady on Instagram before but I always snap A MILLION photos of the sweet old lady's booth a the flea market that sells vintage Pyrex and other kitchen wares at the Nashville Flea Market.  It's a bit on the pricey end so I never walk away with anything, but it's like visiting a pop up Pyrex museum once a month and it's one of my favorite things about the flea market.

FF 12-12-14 (3)

So, I was lurking Rebel Circus and noticed how many cute purses they had on their site - and the majority of them were on sale, so I was even more stoked about that.  I have no idea how I've never stumbled into their purse section before, but I'm really glad I did.  I'd never heard of Star Struck until now but the Jetson Bag looks like the perfect size for my stuff + a book .

via Batman Returns (1992)
Netflix recently  added all the old Batman movies and I have been re-watching them all... lots!  I'd forgotten how much I love the Michelle Pfeiffer version of Catwoman and how completely amazing Selina Kyle's apartment is in Batman Returns (1992).  I know her version of the character was hit or miss for people, but my inner-crazy cat lady is all over it.


What are your favorite things this Friday?
Have you picked up anything for yourself during your holiday shopping?
 

6 comments:

  1. I know I must have seen the 90s Batman movies at some point, but I don't remember them at all. That apartment is really fabulous! If I lived alone I would definitely have a pink apartment, and probably a cat or two...
    I love the dresses and cardigans you posted - so cute! That sugar skull cardigan especially caught my eye, I might spring for one more Christmas present for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, all the pretty vintage Pyrex bowls and dishes...le sigh. My grandma had a set of white ones with blue dots. It was a great bowl. The new glass mixing bowls are too shallow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speak of Batman, have you watched Gotham? This show is awesome. Its Gotham before Batman and it follows Jim Gordon around and young Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard nothing but great things! I'm a huge fan of binge watching shows one season at a time, and I can definitely see me doing it with that show.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish vintage Pyrex was still the norm! It's so great, and modern kitchenware just doesn't measure up sadly.


    Those sound fantastic!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are some of my favorite movies, and I think I'm one of the few people who really doesn't like the new Batman movies. I just prefer the campyness of them all.


    I'm already good on cats so now I'll I need is the pink apartment!


    xox

    ReplyDelete