Flamingo + Roses

Wednesday, December 3, 2014


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday!  I've been sick for the past few days, but I had a great time eating Tofurky on Thursday.  On Friday, I headed off to Universal Studios for the weekend, and spent some much needed time at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter drinking hot butterbeer and enjoying the scenery.   

Georgia weather fluctuates like crazy so I never know what I'm going to expect, but lately it hasn't been too bad.  Definitely cardigan weather, but I haven't had to break out my peacoats too many times yet.  On this day, I was feeling especially floral with my vintage purse and rose print dress.  The dress is a super light material, which definitely wasn't the best choice for the cooler weather.  However, this would be a perfect Summer dress for all of you lovely ladies in the Southern Hemisphere.  I'll probably wait until it's warmer to wear this dress again, and when I do I'll pair a different belt with it.  Y'all know I love matching belts, but the material is so thin that the belt doesn't stay in place and doesn't cinch my waist to my liking.  

I picked up my flamingo brooch while in New Orleans, and he's always one of my 'go-to' pieces of jewelry.  This outfit is definitely another example of me boycotting Fall and Winter and wearing as many bright colors as I can pair together.

Outfit Details 
Judy Dress in Rose Print c/o The Seamstress of Bloomsbury 
Cardigan | Old (Similar)
Flamingo Brooch | LilyAshly
Purse | Vintage
Hair Scarf | Vintage
Taupe Ida's c/o BAIT Footwear 

If you're wondering why June didn't make an appearance in today's post it's because she's sick with the flu.  I hope she gets better soon, because I miss seeing her cute face in pictures. <3

What's your favorite type of print?  
It's pretty clear that I love florals.

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Hope you're feeling better!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is beautiful, and look at those curls!!! <3

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get your hair so cute and wavy??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Florals are one of the best prints to wear! Your hair is SO cute and I love that flamingo brooch :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer @ grimmricksenDecember 3, 2014 at 12:34 PM

    Your hair is crazy beautiful in these photos. Did you go with classic pincurls or foam rollers? I have little patience for the classic pincurls these days, but the foam rollers just don't result in the same look and hold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with everyone that your hair looks really fab in these photos, very bouncy. I love the needlepoint purse, I've actually got one on my Christmas wishlist.
    Favorite print - going by what's actually in my closet, probably paisley, although I always look at stripes, think about how awesome they are, and then go buy something else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree with below (or is it above), your hair is all kinds of bouncy gorgeous here! Beautiful outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plaid. All the plaid. Although I do have a gorgeous world map printed dress from Kitten D'Amour that makes me want to weep with joy every time I see it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. your hair is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute dress even if it is seasonally/weather "inappropriate". And I love that brooch!

    Hope June is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tofurky? Did I read that right? Are you vegetarian or allergic to turkey? I know Trader Joes has a great faux roast. I'm not a fake meat kind of girl really, but I really liked it.

    I like when people keep wearing bright colors in the winter. I use to alwaysdye my hair bright blonde or pink/orange in the winter since everyone looked so drab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, I LOVE your outfit. Who says you can't wear bright florals in winter? I say if you love it wear it and and you look super adorable esp. your hair. !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jennifer! I eat mostly a vegetarian diet and the tofurky roast was so good--the gravy was amazing!


    I do the same! Most people go darker for Winter, but going lighter is always way more fun.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're too sweet Taylor! I am not the best at hair, but I always give it a go! It's just so hard. hah


    hhaa Prints are just too much fun. I think I have an addiction to Harlequin print items too.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you babe! I always use foam rollers, because...well because I'm awful at pincers. These were the largest rollers I had and I brushed it out pretty vigorously. I definitely need to take a class on hair styling so bad.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kristina!


    I used the largest size foam rollers that I had, and then I brushed the crap out of them. hahah It took so much brushing.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe I should try out a tofurky roast since they are on sale as a little Thanksgiving treat for my husband and I. ^_^


    This winter has been very blah up here (always overcast, rainy, and cold, but no snow) It really makes me want to dye my hair bright orange or blue. That would be really cheery. Sadly, adult jobs don't like that.

    ReplyDelete