Weddings + Whimsy

Wednesday, November 26, 2014


Like I said in our last post, I've been spending a LOT of time in the car this month making the 12 hour round trip from Nashville to Augusta, but I don't mind because I get to see my parents and Amelia... and one of my oldest friends and bridesmaids got MARRIED!


After arriving in Georgia at about 1:30 am in Saturday and going to sleep at 3:00 am, I woke up and then headed over the Amelia's house to drag her out of bed at about 8:30 am... don't worry, I had gifts + coffee prepared as bribery and I run off zero sleep.  We got ready and headed out to the venue for my friend Kristen's wedding party prep.

Sidenote: I'd made a recent Pinup Girl Clothing order the last time they had a Jenny sale and this was my first time wearing the Snow White Jenny Skirt (I also snagged the Burlesque Print Jenny and will be wearing it soon).  SO CUTE Y'ALL... there are little poison apples + corsets illustrated on it and as per usual, it's just super comfy skirt.  Also, my lazy days lately have meant a whole lotta sidebang action and I don't mind them, it's a fun way to mix it up.


Outfit Details
Red Sean Top  |  Pinup Girl Clothing
Snow White Jenny Skirt  |  Pinup Girl Clothing
 Va Va Voluminous Petticoat  |  Modcloth
Red Eye Carumba Heels  | Modcloth
Yellow Double Roses c/o Your One Stop Pinup Shop


Waking up early is one of my least favorite things to do on the weekends since I have to wake up early for work during the week.  However, June was able to lure me out of bed with promises of coffee and this amazing Lydia Dress by Pinup Girl Clothing.  She knew I had been wanting it so she surprised me with it as an early Christmas Gift.  We both agreed that it reminded us of Belle from Beauty and the Beast...which is pretty fantastic and now I never want to take it off my body.  Don't mind me I'll be having deep conversation with Mrs. Potts in the kitchen. 

I was so excited about having this dress that I wore it out to help our friend Kristen set up for her wedding celebration.  That was a huge mistake though, because my poor little shoulders ended up freezing.  I am always cold, but I'm also the worst at preparing for the cold.  Luckily, at the celebration I was more prepared and remembered to wear a jacket and the hot apple cider helped.


Outfit Details 
Lydia Dress in Rose Border Print | Pinup Girl Clothing
Va Va Voluminous Petticoat  |  Modcloth 
Hair Flower | Etsy (Similar
Nana Heels | B.A.I.T Footwear
Pearls | Old 


I'm still waiting on my wedding photos, so Kristen gave me the OK to share some of hers.  She was one of my bridesmaids!  Amelia got married in March, I got married in September and now Kristen got married in November... our friend group has been BUSY in the wedding department.  She + Justin eloped in New York (doesn't she look f*cking amazing) and planned a party to celebrate when they got home!  Amelia + I were on flower arranging duty so we popped into the venue early Saturday morning to help with that and to make sure Kristen wasn't going insane.  How amazing does her table decor look... holy shit.  I should've just had her be my wedding planner/bridesmaid.

We finished and ran around town a bit, had an outfit change (but forgot to take photos, we ran out of time) and came back to celebrate.  The menu was amazing, they had a beautiful red velvet naked cake and there was even a bonfire with a s'mores bar... and hot apple cider which was amazing because it ended up pretty chilly.  We finished the night by shoving 3 of us into the tiny photo booth so we'd have photos to hang on the fridge.  


What did you do over the weekend?
Been to any amazing weddings lately? What was your favorite thing?

19 comments:

  1. Looking all kinds of lovely, dear gals!!! I swear, you two are the first folks (in the blogging realm) that I think when I picture Jenny skirts, and really PUG's offerings in general, these days.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two look like you are having a blast, which is always lovely to see.


    Holy Moly, though- her wedding dress! Simply enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I especially love Katie's dress! And wowza, that wedding dress!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those outfits, I really love quirky prints! I wore my turquoise Ophelia dress to my cousin' s wedding in September, it was not a warm day and I couldn't wear any tights or stockings with my peep toe heels so it wasn't much fun in the church and outdoor photos. At least I had a nice mohair effect cardigan to keep me warm and after coming out of the reception I had a wool coat with my favourite vintage brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, you guys are cute and all (:P) but holy cow is your friend's wedding look amazing. I love it! The dress and the fur and the whole 30s feel to it is utterly divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Snow White skirt is on my Black Friday list, but now I'm worried it will be way too long! How tall are you, June?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tables <3 I adore all those little pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silver Cat Tea PartyDecember 1, 2014 at 11:48 AM

    I love this Lydia dress on you Amelia! I love the cross over straps in the back. And the colors look amazing on you. What a wonderful present June! So sweet!!! Also, I love your friend's wedding dress! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both look so lovely ladies! :) Many congrats to your friend on her wedding she looked amazing!! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're too sweet Jessica! We can't help it--we love PUG!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't is just beautiful!? She look so magical.


    Thank you so much darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Sammi! When Amanda gave it to me I legit almost cried, because it's perfect.


    Right!? She looked like a princess.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun prints are the best! Oh what a lovely dress for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wasn't it fantastic?! She look absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Maria,
    Sorry for the late reply! June is 4'11, and she doesn't hem them she wears them as is. Did you get your skirt?


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much! I love the dress so much! June is the best <33


    Wasn't it great? She looked stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the Autumn themed decor--too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks baby doll! You're the best.


    xox

    ReplyDelete