Traveling Junebugs: Hello, Cola (Columbia, SC)!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

So, as a lot of you know, although I (June) currently live in Nashville, TN, I used to live in Augusta, GA and Amelia currently lives there.  Augusta is a great "leap pad" for a handful of southern cities that are always fun to visit, it's less than 3 hours to Charleston, SC, Savannah, GA, Hilton Head, SC or Atlanta, GA. I miss the shit out of being able to day trip to the beach.


I was having one of those trips where I couldn't decide what I wanted to wear... so I packed a ton of colorways of the Pinup Girl Clothing Jenny Skirt - my go-to.  My semester finally finished so we decided we'd treat ourselves and go on a little vacation to Savannah, GA, one of our favorite places.  Of course, it didn't quite work out (it turned our there was a HUGE marathon going on) so we decided to take a trip to Columbia, SC instead, which is only about an hour away.  When life gives you lemons... right?!


After June and I drove around for f*cking ever trying to find parking, we realized there was a chili cook-off going on... our luck.  Seriously, all of downtown Columbia was chilli-scented. Our first destination was Hip*Wa*Zee, because a trip isn't a trip without some vintage shopping, right?  Unfortunately, it was kind of a bust for us since the store carried predominately '70s clothing... but we were excited to see a little stand of Voodoo Vixen dresses and to browse around.  There were some adorable vintage nighties that reminded us of Wendy Darling.

Amelia's Outfit Details: Top:  Sean Top in Red by PUG  |  Skirt: Jenny Skirt in Black Spanish Fan Print by PUG, Shoes: Vintage  |  Flower: The Mia by NicCoCoCreations  |  PetticoatVa Va Voluminous Petticoat  |  BroochLuxulite
Hip*Wa*Zee  |  Columbia, SC
June's Outfit Details:  Top:  Bardot Top by Boohoo  |  SkirtJenny Skirt in Purple Harlequin by PUG |  PetticoatVa Va Voluminous Petticoat  |  Shoes: Persia Heels c/o Miss L Fire  |  Nylon Scarf: vintage  Brooch: Luxulite

We eventually made our way to Papa Jazz Record Shoppe where we looked for new records for ourselves and for Collin's huge collection.  After record shoppin' we went to Sid and Nancy and then we decided to venture to The Gourmet Shop to find some treats: we  grabbed some chocolates made in-store + some macarons.  While snacking on the macarons we witnessed a 'drunk run', which basically meant a lot of drunk dudes in red dresses telling us how much they liked our "look"....it was interesting to say the least.

Papa Jazz Record Shoppe  |  Columbia, SC

We ended the night  by running into Sephora and grabbing some new toys, one of which is the best f*cking invention that ever existed.  It helps get every ounce of lip gloss (or in our case liquid lipstick) trapped in an almost empty tube, it's called the  Swoon Lip Gloss Pick Up Artist.  We ended the night by drinking dirty chai lattes and singing pop punk songs at the top of our lungs.  Basically, it was the perfect BFF bonding time and we can't wait until our next adventure!

Where did you go on your most recent adventure OR where do you want to take one?

16 comments:

  1. I used to live near Savannah, and the marathon totally makes it a mess! I haven't been back since I moved in 2012... maybe I should reconsider a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no one ever tells you that having a kid will change your life forever me and my girlfriend used to take a trip down to Lava Hot Springs Idaho just for the day to get away from it all I would love to go back there soon with them just us girls no husbands no kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the drunk guys - love your looks! You both look adorable here. I love Amelia's shoes, they're absolutely perfect. I like the green scarf with June's look as well, it's a great pairing with the green skirt.
    My last adventure was actually kind of a big one - my boyfriend and I went down to New Orleans for a long weekend after Halloween. Too much fun, although I came up empty handed at Trashy Diva.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, any sort of even going on in Savannah causes a mess! haha. It's all those squares and old streets.. sheer pandemonium! But you really should go back for a visit, I love it more when I stay away for a while. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I can imagine! Mine + Amelia's only kids currently are our cats and they aren't very dependent. haha. I know you find time to take a trip with your lady friends soon and have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thank you so much! And seriously... I love those red shoes I've been thinking about snagging a pair myself. Also I actually hunted a huge pile of those scarves down at a local vintage shop and I'm so glad I did... such a versatile investment!


    OH! I'm so jealous, I've never been to NOLA and I want to go so badly! That's actually where Amelia went for her honeymoon! Really!? Empty handed? I don't know that I would've been able to walk out of there empty handed lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I from Columbia...sounds like you were in 5 Points or the Vista

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of my road trip dreams end in cities, mainly Manchester & London...I need to do some serious saving first though! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Silver Cat Tea PartyNovember 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM

    i think it's the most fun to see you girls happy together :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was such a fun time! Realistically, we know we both could have been in any city/town and had a great time, but it was fun to do a mini-road trip!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so sweet! We always have so much fun spending time together no matter what we do, and it's always the worst having to watch June leave me. :(


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are some amazing road trip destinations though! I've been to London once, and I am still obsessed with that city. What are your favorite things to do in Manchester & London?


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cool! We both have always had friends from Columbia so we used to spend a lot of time up there. We were pretty all over the place. We started out walking everywhere, and soon realized that we definitely needed to drive. aha


    Oh wow! That sounds like such a fun adventure!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cities exist for shopping & museum visits! Manchester has Afflek's Palace, which is basically alternative heaven; and London has What Katie Did and Vivien of Holloway, to name two shops I'd love to visit - I was also reminded when I went to Manchester just how 'at home' I feel in cities - no matter that my satnav can neither pronounce 'Back Picadilly' nor actually direct me to the car park I want which is only a few hundred feet away in a straight line, I just love cities

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went to improve my Korean speaking ability (reading and listening were okay but speaking *smh*)...it was interesting LOL


    Columbia isn't THAT walking friendly outside of certain small areas downtown unfortunately

    ReplyDelete