Red, Black + Gold Glitter.

Monday, November 24, 2014


I feel so spoiled for getting to see June twice in one month!  Since our friend's wedding was Saturday we knew we would have a busy weekend, but it rained all day Sunday so we got to have an unexpected lazy day together.  We are always on the go so I was ecstatic that I got to lay on my couch with my best friend...for 7 consecutive hours. 

Before the wedding we played video games and went on a coffee run with June's awesome little brother, John Bryan, and Michael.  I felt super vampy in this top and skirt combo from Steady Clothing since both pieces were the perfect amount of tight.  I even broke out a darker shade of red lipstick than I normally wear to emphasize the 'sexier' look...and I use the word sexy lightly because I'm the biggest goofball in the world.  I love pairing red, black and gold together, but it always starts to remind me of Christmas when it gets closer to December.  Maybe this skirt and top combination will make an appearance at my company's Holiday party this year.  


Outfit Details 
Sophia Top c/o Steady Clothing
Slit Skirt c/o Steady Clothing
Brooch | Luxulite
Wedges | Target (Similar


Michael wore the classic Fly High Button Up from Steady Clothing for our pre-wedding hangout.  Sparrows always remind us of the Sometimes album by City and Colour (because the album art features a sparrow) so we instantly both loved this shirt.  We both had such a fun time having group sing-a-longs to songs from 2006. 


One of my bridesmaids and oldest friends eloped in New York this month and this weekend was her wedding celebration party (it's been a VERY busy year for our friend group in the wedding department).  SO, I ended up driving to Georgia for a second time this month.  The 12 hours in the car really doesn't phase me anymore, because I'm so used to it.  But with all that time spent in the car, it was nice to get dressed up and run around with Amelia before the party... and it was fun abducting my baby brother to come hang out with us and be on the blog.

I've been considering buying one of these wrap/tulip style pencil skirts for a while and I loved it.  It's really versatile and I can't wait to pair it with a dressier top for the office.  Like Amelia, I love red + black together, but this shade of red/maroon is something I actually didn't have in my closet and it's adorable, I might need lipstick in this shade... any recommendations?  Also, I have on an ivory longline bra and you can sort of see the lines + color through the shirt and I didn't notice until we started looking at the photos. Oops. haha


Outfit Details
Miss Fancy Top c/o Steady Clothing
Rebecca Skirt c/o Steady Clothing
Brooch | Luxulite
Nude Seamed Stockings  |  (similar)
 Persia Heels c/o Miss L Fire


This was my baby brother's first time being on the blog and he was a surprisingly willing participant (I actually have two brothers and the other one will probably pop up on here sooner rather than later).  Collin was promoted at work, so John Bryan offered to step in.  He usually lives in DC hoodies + t-shirts and I don't think I've ever seen him in anything button down, with the exception of my wedding and a few others, but I think he rocked the Rose of Death Western with the best of them and he liked the shirt a lot.  Also, can you tell where all the height in my family ended up? Like, holy shit. Not fair.


What's your favorite color combo to wear?

21 comments:

  1. You girls both look amazing, and red is such a great color for you both! <3

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these outfits! Red, black and gold always look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I am sorry my phone is kinda glitchy and I think I accidentally flagged a comment! 😣

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your colors are inverted from each other! Is inverted the right word? What I'm trying to say is you both have the same silhouette. bottom to top color -- June: Black, Dark Red, Red | Amelia: Red, Black, Dark Red
    Idk if I'm saying that right! Sorry!
    Also, It's the same in my family June! My brother is definitely the tallest and I stand at only 5 feet tall. My mom's actually shorter than me at 4'10"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, you guys look seriously smoking here! Both outfits do an amazing job emphasizing your curves. You're definitely inspiring me to step up my pencil skirt game.
    I really love pairing colors that are kind of close to each other on the color wheel - pink and red, blue and green, green and yellow. It has a nice visual punch to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time you do one of these posts I think to myself I need to get some Steady in my life...one day I'll do something about it because you both always look *amazing* <3


    My favourite colour combos at the moment is purple & teal, or purple & hot pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. RockabellaqueenElsaNovember 24, 2014 at 2:51 PM

    I like red and black, also navy red and white. My latest combination I've tried is oxblood and purple which sounds awful but actually looks quite nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red and black is hands down my favorite color combo! I love how the lighter red looks with Amelia's hair - so pretty! and I am seriously loving the oxblood/maroon/burgundy with red stuff that is everywhere and I wish it would STOP being 80 degrees in So Cal. Enough is enough! I recently went off the deep end with maroon lips and bought a ton - so far my favs are the Kat von D liquid lipstick in Vampira (it's very brown though), and Mrs. Mia Wallace from Urban Decay (which might be on clearance or discontinued), and Hexagam from Kat von D which is just a pretty, pretty dark red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of your outfits! Pencil skirts always seem a bit scary to me, but when you find a well fitting one they really look fantastic ^___^ One of my favourite colour combinations is black and pink - I think that's because I've had pink hair recently! When I had teal hair I loved wearing red ^___^

    P.S. I have the same kind of height thing with my younger brothers, June. They're both over 6 foot, and I'm barely 5!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfits! Amelia - what lipstick are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nicole,


    Thank you! It's the Luster Matte Long-Wear Lip Color by Sephora in the color Cranberry. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree, an ill-fitting pencil skirt is terrifying, but a great fitting one is the best find ever! I love that a new hair color definitely means new color palette for clothing. I bet your pink hair is too cute!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's such a classic and great color combo! I think I'll always love it. Thank you so much! I think my lighter hair is a lot more versatile than my darker hair was on me. Oh I loved all of the UrbanDecay Pulp Fiction make up that was realized. That lip color is amazing.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a huge sucker for wearing navy and red together too. I just love wearing navy as a neutral. Oh I'm sure that looks lovely! Oxblood is so lovely, I love the richness of it and I'm sure the purple complements it well.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Steady really has some great things to offer! A lot of their pieces are extremely versatile, which is something I always look for.


    Those are such fun color combos! Purple and teal sounds especially pretty.


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much babe! I love a good fitting pencil skirt for that reason--they're so flattering.


    That's so smart and fun! Green and yellow is one of my favorite combos for Summer!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hhaa I totally get what you mean :) We definitely didn't plan it, but it did end up that way!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hah It's no problem. Phones sometimes like to be difficult ;)


    You're too sweet. I really agree, I think red, black and gold just flow so well.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Sammi! You always look cute as a button so it means a lot.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. You guys look fabulous! Someday I will have the confidence to rock a wiggle dress. Someday... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!!! I love wearing green and black in the cooler weather and pastel shades in the summer. Any shade that suits my ginger hair! :) x

    ReplyDelete