Friday Favorites #35

Friday, November 21, 2014

Happy Friday Favorites!  This week we decided we'd share some things we've had our eye on for Christmas (or Black Friday if we decide we can't wait)!

Wishlist


Wearables:  I've definitely been up'ing my wiggle/sheath dress game lately and I find myself adding them to my wishlists on various websites more frequently, which is how I stumbled across this Blossoming Biographer Dress.  Also, I noticed in their recent collection, Pinup Girl Clothing has started selling hats again! YES!  I'm lusting over this Black Pillbox Hat with Veil.  I found a very similar hat while antiquing this past weekend but the velvet was discolored and the veil was ripped. SIGH.

I broke my last Lux De Ville Purse (it was black) but I've decided I need to stop always buying neutral colored purses and start buying purses that are a bit more fun, every once and a while.  I love this Lux De Ville "Getaway" Purse in Red Glitter, I have the wallet and it reminds me of Dorothy.  Speaking of red glitter, how about these Dolce & Gabbana Glasses in Glitter Bordeaux.... so insanely cute... I also love the green version.

Now that I'm getting in the habit of wearing stockings every day, I'm looking to expand my "lingerie" collection and I've had my eye on this Rago 1294 Girdle with Garters in Pink and Black... I love it so much, I don't know that I'll make it to Christmas (it would be PERFECT with the Dita for Secrets in Lace stockings).  To put the cherry on top of this part of my list, I can't even explain how badly I've wanted a pair Christian Louboutin's for years now.  I've yet to take the plunge but my husband (unprompted) told me that he'd been considering them as a Christmas gift (holy f*ck). I'd honestly put them out of my mind as unattainable... but now I'm praying to the fashion gods. 

Non-Wearables: Most importantly, let's talk about Harry Potter: The Creature Vault being recently released which showcases the menagerie of creatures from the series.  Amelia + I died when we found out about it's released but we're waiting on sale (for now) to pick one up.  I've added a KitchenAid Stand Mixer + KitchenAid Blender to every birthday list and Christmas list for years and to our wedding registry and I'm telling y'all... one day... ONE DAY.  On a final note, how cute is this  Big Mouth Toys The Donut Mug?



Wishlist


My "wishlist" is a pretty accurate representation of who I am, which is a nerdy girl with a love for 1960s culture and style.  I tried to include a wide variety of things that I'm currently lusting after as opposed to just dresses.  

The Nerdy: The Retro Arcade brooch is by a super talented easy seller, Hungry Designs. Her shop is filled with some amazing brooches including a mounted dinosaur head brooch, a retro inspired mixer brooch and even a Poison Ivy brooch.  I'm still trying to decide which brooch I want most before I place an order.  I'm a huge fan of the Legend of Zelda games, and I just really want to own property in Hyrule.  The Legend of Zelda Monopoly finally gives me that option and hopefully I can collect some rupees along the way. Lastly, the BEST MUG I'VE EVER SEEN.  So, Kurt Vonnegut is my favorite author.  If he wasn't dead I would marry him, but since he is dead I would love to drink coffee out of this amazing Kurt Vonnegut inspired mug, which includes book quotes and pictures.  Also, Kurt Vonnegut is totally a cross of my nerdy love and the 1960s and most likely he is my soulmate.  So it goes.  

The 60s:  The Long Sleeve Heidi dress by Pinup Girl Clothing evokes visions of the 50s and the 60s. Since they announced this dress I've been seriously freaking out waiting for it be released.  It's no surprise that I love floral prints, and this floral is even perfect for the Fall with its long sleeves.  It'll definitely be one of my Black Friday purchases.  In line with my current love for Jelly products I am in love with this Glittery Jelly Doctor Tote.  There is no shame in my love for sparkles, and I really like the retro shape of it.  Not to mention, it would be a mega-change from my typical carpet bag's that I carry.  Michael and I have lived together for over two years now and we still don't own a kitchen timer.  It's sad.  I really love the classic look of this kitchen timer, and it's a helluva lot cuter than using my iPhone to let me know when my pies are done.

Before I was fully  engulfed in 'retro' culture I always had a love for red lipstick.  So when I was unfortunate looking in high school wearing only skinny jeans and vans I was also wearing red lipstick.  I've heard nothing by amazing things about this Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick and the color 'Underage Red' looks like just my thing.  Being a (unnatural) redhead I generally stay away from green, because everytime I do someone calls me a leprechaun.  Lately, after seeing how damn hot June looks in green it makes me want to wear more green. These heels seem like a great way to add green to my wardrobe....and they just look amazing.  After owning multiple pairs of sunglasses this Summer it made me want to invest in really nice sunglasses, which I had never done before because I'm destructive and the reason we can't have nice things.   These Wunderkind Brown Mosaic Cat Eye Sunglasses ARE insanely cute, and if I owned them I would treat them like a baby and make sure not to throw them in the bottom of my purse.  I also love their shape and that they are patterned without being overpowering. 

via
// How great of an idea is this Lipstick Diary? 98% of ours would be red, but it's so cute.

via
/// Favorite? How about every single hair style that Diablo Rose ever does... EVER.

via
// Oh my god, it's a kitten... inside a pie... cuddling a teddy bear!  We can die happy now.

What are your favorites this Friday?
What's on your wishlist?

8 comments:

  1. OH EM GEE! As always, I love both of your wishlists. I already have a yellow kitchen timer from Anthropoligie and I love it. I used to scare my grandmother's dog when it would go off. And Amanda don't give up on the shoes! It will happen one day!!!
    My wishlist is a few things I saw you all with that I liked and then some stuff I found on my own. I have already been able to get one item because Bernie Dexter started her sale already!
    I am looking for:
    Bernie Dexter Wonderland Trixie skirt
    Bernie Dexter Saturday Night Dress in Poppy
    Voodoo Vixen Susie Meow dress and cape in red
    Voodoo Vixen Connie Dress
    Voodoo Vixen Mint Tilly
    Pinup Girl Mid-Century Modern Dress
    Pinup Girl Purple Jenny
    Pinup Girl Tipsy Elephant Renee
    Pinup Girl Peach Harly
    I will be in Vegas on Black Friday and will personally go to Tatyana there and see what else I can find. I have my alarms set and will be waking up just to buy my wish items :)
    Happy Shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I totally want to do that lipstick diary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the pink mixer and I loooove it. I have that adorable red timer and Zelda monopoly on my wishlist too :)

    Love Bunny,

    PS: If you have time please check out my super sweet giveaway
    http://aretrorabbit.blogspot.com/2014/11/super-sweet-goody-givaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh! Shopping enablers! I can tell you that Kat Von D liquid lipstick is the BOMB, so don't wait! I have it in Underage Red and Vampira and it rocks! I'm sure Sephora will be having some mad Black Friday sales so put it in your cart now!


    Also, I had the Rago 1294 and i hated it - it was way too long and created back fat where I had none! The garter clasps also showed through my wiggle dresses, giving me odd lumps mid-thigh. The pink/black is lovely, but not if you can't wear it! Another tip: Laboutins are cheaper in Paris, so....just saying! Might be fun to go and get a pair! Hope your holidays are super merry and Santa brings you everything you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really have been dying and hinting to the husband for an Erstwilder brooch and or a Luxulite brooche...ive notice that im lacking on accessories with my outfits

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my wishlist...is about 10 things from PUG, because no matter how much you own it's never enough. I'm basically setting myself up for disappointment because Christmas is so expensive and I have to save for my America trip next year...but PUG...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a LdV Getaway bag (in red), I like it but honestly I find it an odd size - it's bigger than a usual "going out" handbag but it's not big enough for every day :-/ If you don't get one for Black Friday or Christmas, June, I might send you mine ;)


    Hmmmm, the Heidi with sleeves...I'm really not sure how I feel about it; I mean - I love my Heidi, but I'm not huge fan of sleeves (I hate getting too warm and not being able to take my sleeves off haha), but I do love the purple one...decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I just watched that gif for five minutes!

    ReplyDelete