Spooky Suavecitas

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Living in the south, we have to choose our hair products with 58493526 weather factors in mind because it's humid... always (it even manages to be humid in the winter here sometimes... it makes absolutely no sense).  So we thought we'd share one of our styling favorites with y'all.

Outfit Details
Kathy Shorts c/o Collectif
Pearl Earrings | Similar 
Suavecita Top Logo Tee c/o Suavecita Pomade
Suavecita Hair Pomade c/o Suavecita Pomade
Glasses | Ray-Ban

 Outfit Details (#2)
Black & Red Roses c/o NicCoCoCreations
Heart Print Peter Pan Collar Shirt | Forever 21
Black Pencil Skirt | Similar 
Polka Dot Flats | Similar


I blame my Summers in Tennessee and time spent at Dollywood for my obsession with big hair.  Nothing completes an outfit better than some nice big hair, and in this case I had big hair and an amazing hair flower by NicCoCoCreations.  Black and red has always been one of my favorite color combinations...honestly it will always remind me of My Chemical Romance because I'm still 'emo' (;.  Feeling inspired, I themed two outfits around this color combo.  

I wore my Suavecita Top Logo Tee around the house while doing my hair, and when I went out I changed into my 'night' outfit.  This hair flower complemented my victory rolls just as I expected, and made my casual top and pencil skirt a little more 'dressy' in my opinion.  Even with the crazy Georgia wind my hair did not budge.  This was actually my first time using Suavecita, but my husband has been using the male counter-part, Suavecito, for years so I knew what to expect from the quality, but I did not know it was going to be that great.

Outfit Details
Super Spy Dress c/o Heart of Haute
The Lydia Hair Fascinator c/o NicCoCoCreations
Suavecita Hair Pomade c/o Suavecita Pomade
Brook Red Heels  |  Bait Footwear
Brooch  |  Luxulite


So because of the little logo on the Suavecita Pomade container and with Halloween on the horizon, NicCoCoCreations offered to send us some spooky hairpieces to style!  It's definitely not my norm but I loved mine and I've never worn a fascinator before and now I feel like I'm hooked - it's definitely something I'd like to experiment with.  There's a little saying I've heard around the vintage hair style community referring to when you've f*cked up your hair on one side and you can just well.... "put a flower on it".  I feel like with the size of these, my hair can look like absolute shit underneath on one side and no one would ever know... I LOVE THAT because I'm definitely no hairdresser. haha


// To end, above is a little GIF guide to the front curl a bunch of people have been asking for!  It's a little difficult to explain without showing you, so here 'ya go!  Suavecita Pomade is what I used to give my hair some texture and make it mold-able (and to tame the fly aways).  I usually use the men's version, Suavecito, because I steal it from my husband but I loved Suavecita because it worked just as well but the container is easier to stick in my purse and the smell is more feminine... and it's pink!

What's your favorite haircare product?
Have you ever used Suavecita/Suavecito Pomade?

23 comments:

  1. I love all of these outfits! Possibly because I too am still a little emo ~___^ (love MCR!) Suavecita sounds really good, and the packaging is really nice! I don't really have a favourite hair product, I'm still trying to discover how mine works apparently! ~___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought Suavecita for the first time, it came in the mail yesterday. I am so excited to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive my ignorance, but how do you use the pomade. I read that you use it to get texture, so do you just distribute some evenly through your hair or what?


    And a second hair question: could you ladies please do a tutorial on how to do your vintage hairstyles? I never know what products to use or how to section my hair and I end up looking like a crazy person yelling, "PONY TAIL IT IS!" haha. I've read that you ladies mention "setting lotion" a lot but I have no idea what that is...so now that I've made myself look like a total dork, I bid you adieu!


    Have a beautiful day, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used a "real" pomade, but I know I need to look into them before long to help with my ridiculously fine hair, I guess I've been putting it off because I know it's likely to be pretty hard to find one that's properly cruelty-free approved, but I did make progress recently and started following 'Pomade World' on Instagram ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a new follower :) Love your style(s)!


    aniqadreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try out that pomade now.. I'm thinking of getting my hair cut a tad shorter so I can do vintage styles.. I just love curls and victory rolls. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, we recently had a big "pomade meltdown" at my house because I wanted my bf to switch to water-based pomade (which Suavecito/a is) and stop with the oil-based pomade (which is ruining my pillowcases). We must have tried ten pomades! In the end, he liked Imperial, but still refused to use it, and I settled on Suavecita and decided that I love him more than pillowcases, so I'll just get some cheap ones from Target. Trust a girl who's tried them all - Suavecita rocks! Typically, I tease my hair, then put Suavecita in it on the ends (about an inch from the end) and then roll and spray, and put more pomade to smooth fly aways. Hope that helps some of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS You are rockin' that SuperSpy dress! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently using Layrite, but I wouldn't mind giving this a try. What does it smell like?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope at DisneylandOctober 29, 2014 at 8:06 PM

    I loved the GIF but you're going to have to break it down for me a lot more. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teresa Harrison-witheOctober 30, 2014 at 8:28 AM

    Do you know if you can get this in the UK? & need you to do a very slow version of the front curl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't hear of this product before. I need to get over my fears and just try to learn to do hair. I just hate things that I have to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's such a great product! It's so helpful with any types of rolls. They all take a little practice but I'm sure you can perfect it!

    Xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Teresa, I'm pretty positive you can order it from their site and have it ship to the UK! I'd also check to see if any stores in the UK carry it.

    Xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. It smells amazing! It's a fruity smell and it's great. I've heard great things and Layrite, but I've never tried it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're the best! I'll forever be in love with all of my emo bands. The packaging is adorable and it's what initially sold me on the product. Haha my hair has a mind of its own so it's great having something that tames it.

    Xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you used it yet? How do you like it?

    Xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you like it Aniqa! Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I did! I used it for my wet set on Halloween! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. callthestudentnurseNovember 3, 2014 at 10:39 AM

    I recently joined the Suavecita gang and I am not disappointed! Love this post and you all look cute as anything :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. callthestudentnurseNovember 3, 2014 at 10:40 AM

    Hello Teresa,

    I am from the UK and purchased some Suavecita last week from Amazon.co.uk :) it was about £12 x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Teresa Harrison-witheNovember 5, 2014 at 1:06 AM

    thx, got some, now go to master a victory roll :-(

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have, it smells lovely and works great!

    ReplyDelete