Keepin' It Steady: Skulls & Bones

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

NINE DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN...


We have fully embraced October, and it has unofficially became Halloween month on the blog!  Since I'm basically the Mayor of Halloween Town it's no surprise that I have fully embraced this.  Steady Clothing posts are a favorite of ours every month (see past posts about Steady), but this month is especially fun.  Sadly, right now in Georgia it's still HOT so we are embracing the Halloween activities, but we've yet to have Halloween weather.  


Outfit Details 
 Skull Diva Dress c/o Steady Clothing
Leopard Print Ballet Print | Target (Similar)
Big Red Hair Flower | Niccoco Creations 
Cateye Glasses |  Ray-Ban


I am generally not a big fan of the color black, but when it comes to Halloween it's pretty unavoidable.  This dress is definitely an exception to that rule though, because it's the perfect Halloween dress without actually being in a costume.  Also, the dress is appropriately named the Skull Diva Dress, which is exactly what I felt like, a total Skull Diva.  The wiggle dress fit me perfectly and made me feel super confident, which is something that wiggle dresses don't always accomplish.  Seriously, it hugged my hips perfectly and it was low cut, but not too low cut where I felt uncomfortable.  I was actually wearing red dahlia earrings to add a little bit of color to the outfit, but totally forgot to get them in any photos.  I was probably too excited about carving pumpkins later!


Michael is wearing the Craftsman Button Up Shirt, which features an embroidered skull & wrench design. We loved that our pieces matched and both fit our current Halloween obsession.  Aside from the skull and wrench design the shirt's stripes were a good alternate to a plain solid color.  Also, the embroidered design doesn't 'scream' Halloween so he can wear it all year long.  I also may have totally let him act like a goofball, and he did his best male-model impersonation holding the pumpkins.  These were just a few of his silly pictures...but trust me there were plenty, plenty more.  I'm pretty sure he's a natural model.


I wanted to included these last few pictures even though the sun was totally blinding us both.  When Michael and I first started dating it was Summer, but we really fell in love in the Fall so that is one reason why I'll always love Fall and all of the fun things it brings with it.  These pieces from Steady definitely helped us both get into the Halloween mind set...even though it's 89 degrees and sunny.  Now to carve triforces and deathly hallows symbols into pumpkins! 

What are your plans for Halloween? 
What is your 'go-to' pumpkin carving design? 

14 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween countdown to you both! Cliched though it may be, my go-to pumpkin design is the iconic gap toothed jack-o-lantern. I am not an artist on the carving front (cool as that would be), so my designs rarely veer far from the highly traditional.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a super cute dress. I think I've only carved one pumpkin. I prefer to do nothing with them or paint them. :) Not sure what my plans are for Halloween yet but most likely going to a party where some friends' band will be playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look amazing! I actually love the black on you, and I think you're pulling off this (very cute) dress really well. It does a great job accentuating your curves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is the perfect Halloween dress! ;)


    Tamara
    www.trulytamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! You're too sweet. I really did love the shape of the dress--it was super flattering!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved the dress too!


    I've never painted one, but I keep seeing such cute designs so it's super tempting. That sounds so much fun--nothing bad with a good show!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right? It's so fitting for the season!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is so freaking cute! Love how you do a little menswear bit too, its so nice to read something different from the norm!
    Bethany x

    curiousclaptrap.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will be my first Halloween with my little one so I'll dress her up, bake some goodies and pass out candy.I love to doing classic Jacko later but i get about 20-30 and place them all over my front yard lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing in that dress, and it's a good reminder I need to buy more wiggle dresses and pencil skirts to content with the UK weather in winter!


    I've never carved a pumpkin before, well - I vaguely recall "supervising" when I was about 6 or so, but my parents aren't really the sort to 'get involved'; I'd love to give it a go as an adult, but we've nowhere to display a real pumpkin in our current home

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silver Cat Tea PartyOctober 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM

    Love this dress on you and love your leopard flats! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress looks perfect on you! Such cute shots of you too.

    ReplyDelete