Friday Favorites #30

Friday, October 10, 2014

June here!  I've really been enjoying the weather lately, I feel like after mine + Collin's wedding, we got home to Nashville and the cold weather had arrived.  Fall is my favorite season but I know now that I live in Tennessee, winter will be just around the corner!  In Georgia, we only saw snow once MAYBE every 5 years or so but here in Nashville, we get it every winter so, I'm in the market for a new winter coat.


I've spent the last couple of winters browsing for the perfect vintage winter coat but while I'm on the lookout, I figure it might be nice to purchase a new one, I think my current favorite red peacoat will be seeing it's 4th winter.  I love the fur on the Straight Plush and Bundled in Bliss jackets, the pattern of the Snow Wonder jacket, the pleated bottom of the Raspberry Sherbet but my absolutely FAVORITE is the Collectif Ashley Coat which at $250... is a bit out of my price range. A girl can dream!

FF 10-10-14
1. colorblock skirt  |  2.  houndstooth midi skirt  |  3. dahlia crinoline skirt
Chicwish A-Line Midi Skirt in:  green  |  black  |  red  |  coral 

While fall is sticking around, I'm always on the hunt for good midi skirts to wear with tights + stockings and cardigans.  I love mustard yellow, red and dark green for fall colors so good neutral skirts that I can style with multiple tops are a must, I love the colorblock skirt, houndstooth midi skirt (I LOVE a good houndstooth, probably one of my favorite patterns) and dahlia crinoline skirt (which can apparently be worn as a skirt or an underskirt.)  I also recently discovered the A-Line Midi Skirt collection made by Chicwish and fell in love, it's a tea length skirt my four favorite colors: green, black, red and coral are pictured above.  I just ordered the green one and can't wait to try it out!



Recently I've been staring at my shoe collection thinking "Dear God some of these are so insanely old it's embarrassing that I'm keeping them around."  I'm not THAT into shoes, I have a few pairs that I hold very near and dear and then I wear them until they die and mourn their passing.  That needs to change.  I'm thinking a good place to start might be good solids that can be worn year round like the electrify heel and memorable moves heel.  I because I have a love affair with mustard yellow, I also love the refined your purpose heel.

via
So, we've been posting about glasses alllll week but let me show y'all my dream glasses. I have been on the hunt for this freaking set for years now... it's like... my Sasquatch.  WHERE ARE YOU CATEYE SET?  I would probably pay horrifyingly questionable amounts of money for one in good condition if I found it. Why does NO ONE utilize this idea? If Amelia and I ever become entrepreneurs and design our own glasses line, it will feature cateyes with interchangeable color clips... you can count on it.

Country Living | Lara Robby/Studio D
Anyone feeling crafty?!  If I get a new coat, I might as well make myself a pair of fun gloves.  You can see the full instructions here, but with a pair of wool-blend gloves (these were purchased here), a chalk pencil, embroidery thread and a needle you can personalize yourself or a friend a pair of really f*cking cute gloves.  I love the "Lady Like" and "Book Worm" gloves, but Collin's pet name for me is "babydoll" so I'd probably include that in at least one of the sets I made.

What are your favorite things this Friday?
Have your taken the leap and started winter wardrobe prep yet?
 

31 comments:

  1. THOSE GLASSES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THOSE GLASSES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an Ashley coat (in red) that I bought last year for only $55... the trick with Collectif is to buy completely off-season and/or to wait for their flash sales (posted on FB) and awesome end-of-season sales (50 to 70% off). Usually, during their sales you can also buy gift vouchers at half price and combine them later to buy larger, more expensive items. This past August, these coats were around $60. It is truly an amazing coat (and very warm), you would love it in person too! Let me know if you ever need me to ship something to you, to cut delivery costs and customs fees;

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the dahlia crinoline and I love it! I've worn it as both a skirt and an underskirt on my blog--and they make it in red, too!<3 Oh, and that cat eye glasses set is fly!!!

    Becca
    superstyleme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that cat eye glasses set is amazing! They really should do something like that now, I could definitely see there being a market for it.
    Those coats are so pretty. I've been seeing the one of the far right pop up all over the place, and every time I see it I think I fall a little more in love. Way, way out of my budget, though, and it's not like I don't have plenty of coats already.
    I'm actually already prepared for winter this year. It gets cold enough in Chicago that I tend to wear cold weather clothes all the way from fall through early spring, just adding and subtracting layers depending on what the weather's doing on a particular day. I'm actually having to be very strict with myself about not buying anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer @ grimmricksenOctober 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM

    Yes to all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's still in the 90s here in California, so I have given up on preparing for winter, which may be what, temps in the 70s? It's so sad. So, unless I go someplace cold, those beautiful coats would be ridiculous here. I tend to spend all my time fighting the moths from eating my vintage woolens anyway. Any tips for that?


    But those glasses! I'd also spend insane amounts of money for a set like that! Why is no one making one?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need some gloves that say "fuck yeah!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I own a Collectif coat ( the Anastasia Vintage Cape Coat in navy) and I must say it was money well spent. So much love for that coat every time I wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy, I love those glasses! I'm beginning to have a small collection of vintage cat eyes. I have the pair I normally wear and 3 others that need my prescription put into them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those glasses are god damn amazing.
    The Ashley coat is actually by Hell Bunny and can be found on amazon for 161 on sale, 185 full price. http://www.amazon.com/Hell-Bunny-Burgundy-Shonna-Winter/dp/B00MWZHZQ8/ref=sr_1_28?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1413060697&sr=1-28&keywords=Hell+bunny. I bet you could find it cheaper at other retailers. I love Modcloth but they do tend to have an odd pricing structure and on direct to retail bands they tend to have a pretty high mark up.
    Also thank you so much for introducing me to chicwish! I love their midi skirts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are PHENOMENAL!



    And someone mentioned that to be before, but the Ashely coat is actually made by Collectif which is why it comes in colors Hell Bunny doesn't offer, it's pretty DAMN similar though, I agree haha.


    I love Modcloth but I find that as well, if I REALLY want something and it's incredibly expensive I usually spend a little time seeing if I can find it elsewhere for cheaper but a lot of their stuff now is Modcloth exclusive.


    And you're very welcome! I want one of every color but I'm waiting on my first order to find out about the quality... then I might go midi skirt crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Opps I actually meant the "Bundled in Bliss Coat"! Which is still about 230 on MC.
    I've just had the Ashley on my mind forever its geen with a leopard collar, how could I not!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wardrobe experienceOctober 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM

    omg, i want perfect mate, too! this would be so awesome to have a specs you can change the colour to match your outfit. wow!

    wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG that glasses set is heaven. Not as glamorous but Red Or Dead do something similar in the UK for Specsavers with changeable rims for cat eyes and I've been eyeing them up for ages.
    I'm on the hunt for my perfect winter coat too. I'm liking the Hell Bunny Shonna coat as it's nearly half the price of the Collectif ones. Have you seen the Collectif Pearl coat?




    Amber Rose x
    www.AtomicAmber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. They really are AMAZING, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really? I'm so glad you said that because I was really wondering about it! I assume as a crinoline it acts more as a slip that a "petticoat" but it's still quite cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am DEFINITELY going to wait it out through this winter and try to find a sale then and thank you so much for the offer about customs! I tried to wait a little while last year and they were all out of my size... in every single color! Maybe I'll get luckier this year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha, agreed. Friday Favorites is dangerous to my wallet and sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally agree I'm actually surprised no one does it.


    I actually have 3 peacoats but they are all so old now, I am in the market for a new one but I still can't bring myself to pay $200 for a coat... sadly. Tennessee's weather is so crazy, I could be in a coat one day and in a cardigan the next, I actually never even bother to put away my summer things because sometimes I end up able to wear them in the winter. It makes absolutely no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blogger craft time! Profane novelty gloves! haha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha aww I hate winter but I think if I lived somewhere without it, I'd miss it. Hmm have you tried cedar?


    And exactly?! Apparently I need to quit law school and become a glasses maker. haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. So happy you said that, everyone time someone says how much they love their coat, I give myself permission to spend $20 more on the one I want. haha

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am doing the exact same thing! Have a little collection of something you have to wear every day is so nice! Until the last couple of years, I never bothered to fill my prescription in the glasses I collected but now I do and I love having options!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhhh yeah it's quite pricey on there. And EXACTLY! That's why I can't get over it and feel like I need it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  26. I totally agree, I wish I could find one somewhere - so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It really is! I'll have to take a look at the one you mentioned because I'm incredibly curious about it now!


    And I have a friend that said she bought the Shonna and it was even better that she expected. So, there's that! I just love the Ashely Coat so much! I haven't seen the Pearl coat but I'll have to look that one up too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It adds a little bit of fullness. I wore it in my post today, actually. I let the bottom of it show from below my dress, but if you want it completely covered up, customize it shorter because the standard length is below the knee. I didn't see the red one the last time I checked out their site. I hope they bring it back--I want it for Christmas, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'll let you know if I see anything go by! ;-) I did buy mine during the winter, so there's hope!
    As for the customs, I have ordered several times from PUG and oh my goodness the customs! Ouch!... so I would be happy to help you (both) out for the opposite trip! :-) Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Haha I do that too :P sadly, my bank-account doesn't always agree with this approach.. Anyway, those Collectif coats really are worth another look. I have a Diettrich which I wear in the fall and in spring (Dutch weather can be rather terrible) and the Anastasia for winter (I actually got it on sale, I was so lucky!) I'm looking forward seeing your search for a coat on your blog (I just discovered it, where have you been all this time? I litterally spent all morning reading all the posts haha)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Please give us a report on how the Chicwish skirt is when you get it. I can't figure out the length - the site says the skirt is 27.5 inches long, but on some of the models, it looks like it's above the knee, and other times, it looks like it's a mid-calf length. Confusing. I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete