Friday Favorites #29

Friday, October 3, 2014

Hi there, Amelia here!  We have been slightly m.i.a when it comes to Friday Favorites, because our schedules have been CRAZY.  From working to wedding, I know I've had no spare time.  Now that June is happily hitched we have a lot more time back in our schedules to return to our regular programming.


theBalm NUDE 'tude Eyeshadow Palette, Naughty is a dream come true, and for once, eyeshadow packaging is as pretty as the eyeshadow itself.  The nudes in this palette can easily be used to create day or night looks.  Not to mention I'm sure seeing lovely pinups on your makeup palette can help create some inspiration!  What are your favorite colors?  I think Stand-offish and Seductive are both super lovely.

undergarments


I've been talking about wanting shape wear for forever now, but I've had a hard time trying to find something that will help me achieve the smooth look I'm going for.  I don't want to waist train since y waist is already small and because I see how much work it is!  I think this RAGO Girdle (style 21) with garter straps may be the answer to my prayers!  I haven't found many girdles that are smaller than 26 inches so I was especially happy to see that this one is.  It comes in black and white so depending on the color it can be your everyday shape wear or it can be something a little sexier.  I'll definitely be buying a white version of this style so I can create smoother silhouettes under my everyday clothing.


For those of you that follow me on Instagram you've probably seen that I recently adopted a sphynx cat(his name is Ziggy Stardust..and he's amazing).  I've wanted a sphynx cat for so long, and I cannot believe that I finally own one.  Now, I'm constantly looking for kitty cat clothing since Sphynx cats don't have fur in the cooler weather they sometimes have to rely on sweaters to keep their temperatures up.  While looking for a sweater for Ziggy I ran across this adorable cat in pajamas.  I'm slightly obsessed.  I just want to hug all of the cats in the world and wrap them all up in sweaters.



Target

1 | 2 | 3 | 4
I'm pretty addicted to Target normally, but with these Oh Joy! kitchenware pieces I'm absolutely STOKED.  I actually saw these for the first time when I was with June and we both instantly lit up.  I probably have too many kitchen accessories right now, but I can't help it.  It's too fun to shop for kitchenware.  I want to throw a cocktail party just so I can have an excuse to use the pitcher and serving bowl.  Also, aren't the stacking cups and serving utensils perfect too?  I definitely think these will be in my kitchen soon.
Brooches are my favorite way to accessorize since I hate bracelet, rarely wear rings and I lose all of my earrings.  These Rock'a'frilly brooches are especially fun, and I can't decide which pin-up I like the most!  I am partial to all of the redheads though..obviously  They also have tattoo flash brooches which are equally as amazing!  Since we love both pinup and tattoo culture it's great to see companies that appeal to both of those interests.

Is everyone else excited for this season of American Horror Story!? I've watched since the first season, and I am absolutely enamored with this show.  The cast is absolutely amazing, and each season surprises me more and more.  I didn't think they could peak my interest any more after Coven since I love New Orleans and witches, but Freak Show may have done it!  Since Freak Show is set in the 1950's I know I'll love all of the wardrobes, and from this promotional poster I cannot decide whose outfit I like the most!  I will have to admit though..I'm terrified of clowns and I don't know if I am going to be able to handle the clown this season. 

Have you missed our Friday Favorites posts? 
 Are you excited for American Horror Story? 

20 comments:

  1. And Freakshow is set in Florida!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove the eyeshadow palette!! I love makeup packaging in general, but this one takes the cake -- plus, the shades are great.

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, every time I see the sneak peaks on tv for American Horror Story I get excited. I really loved Coven but I love that this season's theme is Freakshow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging on that eyeshadow palette is too cute. Love the pinup brooches as well, and I'll have to check out the flash ones that they have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love that Target range! We have Target here in Australia, but we never seem to get the cool things that the American stores have - ____ - Still, it probably saves me a lot of money! ~___^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, that kitchenware <3


    Mr LPU will tell you I'm pretty obsessed with kitchen necessities, but if we had a target in the UK I would have to get all of that range...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer @ grimmricksenOctober 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM

    I love that Rago waist cincher -- I actually just got my second one (first in creme, now in black). It's great for smoothing or knocking off just the extra 1/2 inch so you can fit into that one skirt or whatever. For me the best part is that I can wear it for 8+ hours sitting at work and the only issue is some rolling at the bottom because I don't really wear stockings.

    Also, yay for AHS coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the corset! I'm in need of one myself to smooth out any bumps underneth my dresses! I'm so in love with your cat Ziggy!! <3 I own a few Rock a Frilly pieces and Gemma who owns it is such a doll! Glad I'm not the only one who's excited for AHS Freak Show!! I didn't think much of the Coven series so excited to see what this is like :) I just hope there's not creepy clowns in it...I guess there will be though! Wah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously cannot wait for the new seasons of American Horror Story! I've been wanting to purchase the balm nude pallet for awhile now. I might just have to knock that off my wish list!


    Marie,
    www.mariedarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm too excited for AHS! Let's hope it's amazing!


    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm the same way--I want smooth lines ! He is so sweet! When you come back to the states I want you to come meet him :) Once Freakshow starts we will have to talk about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've definitely sold me on it! Anything that helps knock a 1/2 inch off! That's amazing! I know I'll have to have something comfy for my long work days!


    xxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it the best? Target is my weakness!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never knew different countries Target stocked different things! Oh I'm sure..it's definitely my weakness.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Right? I love when packaging is cute like that!
    You definitely should they're adorable!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. I AM TOO EXCITED! I do too--such good themes!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's the perfect combination of cute packaging and cute shades!


    xox

    ReplyDelete