Our Favorite AW '14 Cardigans

Friday, September 5, 2014

I'm definitely a fall kinda gal. Pumpkin spice lattes, Halloween, which also happens to be my soon-to-be husband's birthday, windows down weather... I would take it over summer any day, always.  Amelia on the other hand, prefers to be burned alive by southern summers... for whatever reason (sorry, Katie) (<---watermelon, swimming, freckles + fireworks are a few of my favorite things (; ).

If there's one thing we CAN agree on, even though we wear them all year round to cover our tattoos at work, is that one of the best things about fall, is it's cardigan season.  I always get so excited when I start getting those "our AW '14 collection has arrived!" emails from my favorite brands. (AW = autumn/winter).  We've done a couple of past posts about our love for cardigans, including one about the Wheels & Dollbaby Dita Von Teese Cardigans (here) and one about good alternatives to the Dita cardigan (here).  Well, here are a few of our favorite cardigans so far this year.

9-5-14 Cardigan 2
        1. Collectif Beau Cable Knit Cardigan
        2. Lindy Bop Ally Cardigan
        3. Voodoo Vixen Marietta Cardigan (those are actually little ladybugs)
        4. Banned Cocktail Cardigan
        5. Emmy Design Strawberry Fields Cardigan
        6. Banned Dusty Pink Flamingo Cardigan 
We're really excited about the cardigans in emmy design's AW '14 collection, some are new styles, some are new colorways of prior styles. We raved about emmy design's Spring and Summer pieces here, and from what we see - the AW collection will be just as amazing.  Amelia may be able to handle Autumn a little bit better if she can spend it in that adorable pink cardigan


So what are our favorite cardigans in our personal collections that we're excited to break out for AW '14?

I have a ton of solid colored cardigans and I wear them so much that they start wearing little holes in the elbows, but sometimes I want something special.  A couple of weeks ago Dita posted on instagram that her cardigans were on sale and I'll admit, I snatched one up as quickly as I could.  I've been trying to save lately and have been downsizing my wardrobe but... this was an exception.  As a side note, these are my first photos since my friend Chelsea cut off about 3+ inches of my hair and now that the initial shock has worn off, I don't really miss it. 


I'll beat everyone to it, holy sh!t doesn't June look amazing in that Dita Cardi?!  I've wanted one for so long, and I think it's because June killlls it in them.  I, unfortunately, rely on cardigans so much more for function than I do for fashion.  I honestly own 3 cardigans that aren't just a plain solid color... oops.  This is actually one of my 'more fun' cardis, and it's from Target.  Target is like the holy land for plain cardigans, but from time to time they create adorable polka dot ones!  Y'all know me of course I'm mixing patterns with patterns.


Tell us all your cardigan secrets! Where are your favorites from?

28 comments:

  1. I tell ya I'm loving the slow transition to building up wearing cardigans a lot more now fall is round the corner! Tomorrow Paul & I are off to Starbucks Sunday date to have our yearly PSL fix! I'm super excited the UK stores have bought it back earlier than usual due to high demand! I love fall! Yay!! Also totally digging the baby blue Dita on you Amanda! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silver Cat Tea PartySeptember 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM

    I'm loving that Emmy Design Strawberry Fields Cardigan! And that 1940's style screen siren too!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! I've never visited your blog before but I follow you guys through instagram. Adorable.


    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting the green flamingo cardigan forever, and goodness, I am a cardi girl. You two look great! I love sweater weather :) I wish I could justify the Dita because they are gorgeous, but I'll have to stick with less expensive options.


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  5. wardrobe experienceSeptember 6, 2014 at 3:22 PM

    the emmy design cardis look great. i have to check them out.
    without caridgans i wouldn't sourvive the colder months ... primark had a simple plain cardi (10€) in a huge colour palette during the past two years. i own around 10 of these cardigans. they are cute and work perfectly with a mid century wardrobe. hopefully they will have them again this year ... i need some new colours!!!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lately I have been wear ing a lot of beige and nude cardis but my favourite 2 black/white ones are boxyier in shape, and have white trim around the collar, pockets, and all the cardigan to have more of a 60's house wife vibe, and I love wearing them with everything! I do wish to have some lovley kitchy and emroidered/patched cardigans

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only have five cardis (I've tended to go for shrugs, and now have a good 'stash' of plain-coloured ones in fabric that doesn't crease), but my favourite is a leopard print one, it's a bit thin though, and I think I was lucky it made it through one winter, so I won't be holding out for all of its' second.


    I've started to shift my wardrobe focus from summer to autumn/winter now, and will have to start looking at cardis, as the majority of mine are plain coloured...here's hoping somewhere brings out a great patterned cardi range at a reasonable price ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely cardigans you can never have to many as they just finish off your outfit!
    love the flamingo ones! I just love flamingos!

    Melissa x
    http://melissazia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. The amount of cardigans I own is kind of sickening. I love them though. I have to say that my favorite is a Voodoo Vixen one I own. Also I would kill for a Dita cardigan, but that price tag kills me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry you have to cover your tattoos for work....but I too adore a cute cardi I guess that is your silver lining ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a bit of a freak for cardigans. I've always had a few floating around in my wardrobe, but last year I think I bought 4 vintage cashmere ones in solid colors. They're just so perfect for layering or wearing as a top, I honestly don't think you can have too many. I love those ones from Emmy - it's seeing something like that that makes me want to learn to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a massive fall girl, too! It's often the shorted season (in terms of experiencing the weather and natural scenery usually associated with it) here in Canada (though, spring can be even brief some years) and I wait for it with giddy anticipation from about my birthday in July onward.

    Here's to an awesome cardigan, apple pie, warm tights, pumpkin spice everything season on both our ends!!! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. I take plain cardigans and buy sew-on patches to create custom ones. Etsy sellers make everything you could wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too adore cardigans. Always looking for new ones in my size at good prices.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Emmy's cardigans are SO beautiful! I would LOVE to invest in that screen siren one, if it were a bit colder here, I probably would.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Polly! We are so happy you made it over we LOVE your blog! Thank you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I feel the exact same way! I have to wear them every day for work but in the fall I can wear them alone as actual tops instead of over dresses so that I'm able to take them off during lunch and cool off.

    Did you get your first PSL of the season? I finally got my first and was so excited! I waited for the weather to dip below 70 degrees so that I felt justified haha they were brought back early here this year too!

    And thank you! I was SO happy I snagged it on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh me too but until I wrote this post, I couldn't find it ANYWHERE so I'm glad my googling paid off. And thank you, sweater weather is the best. I always make myself sell pieces before I let myself buy "investment pieces" but even then, I refuse to buy most things until they're on sale.

    Did you see the blog post Miss Amy May did on making your own Dita cardigan? I want to try it!

    http://missamymay.wordpress.com/2014/09/08/diy-project-dita-von-teese-inspired-cardigan/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Her stuff is always absolutely beautiful! I wouldn't either! I always wear them even under my heavier coats. The last time I checked primark they didn't ship to the US which is sad because I love a lot of their things!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a beige one from Old Navy (of all places) and I absolutely love it, it's boxy and hits right at the wist and it's the perfect length. I love the 60's housewife type sweaters and that sounds adorable. I try to keep a good mix of "bedazzled" and plain cardigans in my wardrobe so I can wear them over things AND by themselves. Cardigans are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally agree, especially in the fall! I love the flamingo one as well! I was so excited to find that mint one in stock somewhere! It was out of stock everyone for a really long time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had to get rid of bunch this year, because I was wearing holes in the elbows. One of my favorite cardigans is by VooDoo Vixen as well, it's the same as the ladybug one above but instead, has birds on the lapels.

    I got mine on sale and it still pained me a bit, I sold 2 dresses so I could buy it. I'm going to treat it like a museum artifact. haha. My friend actually did a post on making your own, if you're into DIY. it's a pretty good alternative!

    http://missamymay.wordpress.com/2014/09/08/diy-project-dita-von-teese-inspired-cardigan/

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's a bit annoying but working in a white collar field, I always knew it'd be something I had to do. But I agree, cute cardigans counterbalance any annoyance I might have about it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Found any good ones lately? I'm always on the hunt as well. LOVE cardigans!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I should do that more often! Mostly I just switch out the buttons to some I like more or vintage fun buttons or whatever. My friend Amy actually did a blog post about making your own Dita-esque cardigans and I've been thinking about trying that out.

    http://missamymay.wordpress.com/2014/09/08/diy-project-dita-von-teese-inspired-cardigan/

    ReplyDelete
  26. So am i! I have a little section for cardigans and I grab one every day on my way out the door. I don't own any cashmere ones but you're making me want one!


    ME TOO! I don't think I'd ever have the patience to knit, but I'd love to try to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know exactly what you mean, as soon as I see the school supplies popping up places I start getting excited about the weather changing. I agree, here are to all things fall scented and fall flavoured!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is absolutely adorable, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete