Kitchenware + Roses

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Our love for circle skirts is clearly undeniable.  The majority of our day-to-day outfits consist of circle skirts, because they're such great staples and as easy to dress up as they are to dress down.  And while circle skirts might be a dime-a-dozen in the vintage + reproduction world, a great way to have a little something different is by going the custom route.  Betty Le Bonbon Cheek Boutique is an Australian company that offers, among other things, custom swing skirts in a large array of fantastic fabrics.  Bespoke (or custom) pieces are a great way to get something personalized just for you (fabric and size).

Outfit Details
Hair Scarf | Vintage
Glasses |  Ray-Ban
Betsy Blouse in Ivory c/o Heart of Haute
Rose Skirt (fabric here) c/o Betty Le Bonbon
Purse | Vintage
Brooch | Luxulite
Knit Oxfords  | Similar


Since we're both novelty print fiends it's always so much fun seeing all the prints different brands have to offer.  Betty Le Bonbon offers a huge selection of fabrics.  Seriously, I looked through all of them for about half an hour before I landed on this lovely fabric (link here in case you want it).  I have dubbed it my rose garden skirt, because all I want to do is go frolic in a rose garden!  The color palette is beyond fantastic.

I took full advantage of being able to customize the skirt so mine features a 25 inch waist, 2 inch waistband and it's 26 inches long.  I cannot emphasize enough how great it is to be able to make sure a skirt is long enough.  I'm 5'7 so some things that hit other people's knees hits my thighs.  The fit was, as expected, perfect...as long as I don't go to a pizza buffet and then I may need to unclasp it. ;) 

Outfit Details
Red Marilyn Tee c/o Heart of Haute
Kitchen Stuff on White Skirt (fabric here) c/o Betty Le Bonbon
Galactique Brooch c/o The Crave Yard
Ida Kitten Heels  |  BAIT Footwear


I first came across Betty Le Bonbon after seeing a lady on Instagram wearing a beautiful mustard skirt with floral print and finding out she'd purchased it from Betty Le Bonbon (the fabric was super limited and out of stock, but I was happy to find she had a TON of other options).  I had so much fun looking through the Betty Le Bonbon instagram and seeing how Jasmine (the leading lady) styles her outfits, it proves for great fashion inspiration.  She also makes beautiful tulle skirts and I enjoy envying her amazing collection of Mel Shoes.

After spending an eternity searching through the Betty Le Bonbon Facebook fabric archives (even if it's a past print, be sure to ask Jasmine, she can usually get them back in stock) I found this beautiful kitchen utensil print and I knew I had to have it!  When I received  the skirt I noticed that the fabric was great quality, the skirt was incredibly full with or without a petticoat and it closes with a little metal clasp + zipper combo.  I customized my waist + length measurements as well, being so short, being able to customize length is a godsend. 


On a final note, a feature that really sets Betty Le Bonbon apart is that they offer payment plans, which gives you up to 10 weeks to pay off your custom skirt.  If you work in F&B and get weekly tips like Amelia used to, this option was MADE for you!  

// On an unrelated note, we're rocking Heart of Haute tops and our giveaway for a free dress is still going strong!  Make sure you've entered, it ends tomorrow!  

Have you ever ordered from Betty Le Bonbon?
Do you own any bespoke pieces?

20 comments:

  1. Such adorable skirts, wow! Especially love the kitchen print one :) That's so awesome to be able to get the skirts completly customized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned Mel Shoes. They are awesome when you live somewhere with afternoon showers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those skirts on you, a BLBB custom skirt has been on my 'wishlist' for a while now, but so far the only bespoke item I own is my Iron Man dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much do I love that you dropped pizza buffet into your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both skirts are lovely and I find the customization option so interesting. Not wanting to pry into finances, but do you have a general idea or range of how much a skirt from this place would generally cost?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madly love both of them!!! The colours in the floral print and the endlessly charming pattern of the kitchenware/utensil one are both completely up my style alley.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those prints! The kitchen utensils one is seriously adorable. I feel like circle skirts are pretty easy for me to find in terms to sizes and patterns that I like, but I would love a bespoke pencil skirt or pair of pants. I find it next to impossible to find ones that fit right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both these prints! The colors of Amelia's are great and definitely something I would gravitate towards. But I also love the print of June's and how it looks busy close up, but from further away it's kinda simple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't own any Betty Le Bonbon or bespoke pieces but I want to! Those skirts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have any bespoke items, but being 6' tall I could really use some. All my skirts, sleeves and shirt hems are too short!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, I bet!! I'm only 5'7 and I already have issues with things being too short so I'm sure you have it way worse than me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bespoke pieces are slowly becoming my favorite things. It's great having items that were literally made for you!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love June's print, but I'm such a sucker for vibrant colors and florals!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOSH--if I could get a bespoke pair of pants I may actually wear pants! It's so hard to find pants that fit.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can definitely see you in either of these skirts!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry for such a late response! We were so busy with Amanda's wedding!


    The customization is such a great feature! I really appreciate it since my waist to hip ratio is over 11 inches.


    No problem at all--they vary from as low as $90 to over $100.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. My love for pizza is so great! It's an everyday thought in my head!


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to see a picture of this Iron Man Dress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's such a great feature! She has so many fun fabrics to choice from!


    xox

    ReplyDelete