Guest Junebug Sammi: What I'd Wear For June's Big Day

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hello, Junebug readers!  Sammi from The Soubrette Brunette here.  Longtime fans of this blog might remember my kitschy accessories guest post that I did back in February.  I'm so glad to be back on Junebugs and Georgia Peaches for the day!  You might have noticed that June and Amelia are absent from today's post.  As most of you know, June has been incredibly busy with planning her wedding, and she asked if I wouldn't mind stepping in with a post this week.  These two ladies are so near and dear to my heart that I didn't even hesitate in saying yes!  Since June was sweet enough to actually invite me to her wedding (weren't her invitations the cutest?!), I thought it might be fun to showcase what I would wear to her big day -- if I'd been able to sneak away to Georgia for the weekend -- with an outfit post!

Retro hair flower
Green cropped cardigan

I always associate the color peach with the South, and this peach rose dress seemed so fitting for June's wedding.  The style of the dress reminds me of her, and it's really a high-quality frock (with plenty of room for a petticoat!).  I managed to snag this dress for a steal during one of ModCloth's 70% off sales; it's no longer available there, but fortunately, it is still available for purchase directly through the manufacturer -- a brand called The Pretty Dress Company.  I think the label name suits this dress perfectly!  The dress comes in a couple of styles and colors, but the one I have is definitely my favorite.  You can find this dress here, if you're interested.

Retro dress
Peach roses

I'm not sure what the weather is like in Georgia this time of year, but in Upstate New York, it certainly feels like fall.  I opted to style this dress with a cardigan, and though I'd love to not have to wear one, this dress is actually quite bare on top and I was glad for a little extra fabric.  I didn't think this outfit needed a ton of accessories, so I paired the dress with a pair of pink heels and a matching hair flower -- I wanted to feel at least a little festive!

The Pretty Dress Company
Outfit Details:
Dress  |  ModCloth (available here)
Cardigan  |  H&M (old, similar here)
Hair flower  |  Forever 21
Heels  |  TJ Maxx (similar here)

Hand hearts

I know that June's wedding is going to be beautiful, and I cannot wait to see all the photos from her big day.  I only wish that I could be there to celebrate with her in person!  She and Amelia have become such dear friends, and sometimes I forget that we've never actually met in "real life."  I'm wishing June and her fiancée Collin all the love and happiness in the world!

Thanks so much for checking out my post, and I hope to see you around The Soubrette Brunette!
xox Sammi

23 comments:

  1. I am not much of a floral fan but this is a beautiful look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need an excuse to go to Georgia someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're beautiful in that dress, it's definitely a great wedding look Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that outfit, all of it! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute dress, I love the floral print!


    Tamara
    www.trulytamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great dress! Love the print, so beautiful. I like that you paired it with a green cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet look. The soft peachy pink of the roses is just beautiful with the green cardigan, and I like the simple accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit for a wedding indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine a more perfect outfit for June's wedding! You look lovely as always Sammi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Send Flowers and Gifts to Philippines
    Love that floral dress. Perfect for summer outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it amazing? Sammi is the cutest!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sammi would have fit in perfectly! She's a doll!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the addition of the green cardigan! It really ties the outfit all together for me.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. The print is too darling! Sammi's sense of style is amazing.


    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me too! I'm such a sucker for florals!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely and feminine wedding look! She looks amazing.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's such a great place...aside from the insane humidity and heat! hah


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the green cardigan paired with the floral so the floral isn't in your face.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. This outfit is perfect. It's simple but cute and I love it.

    ReplyDelete