Guest Junebug Ashley: Bernie Dexter On A Budget

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hello there, fellow Junebugs!  My name is Ashley and I blog over at Southern (California) Belle.  I was more than honored when June and Amelia asked me to post for them today.  I think I speak for everyone when I say congratulations to June, she's now a married woman!

Bernie Dexter has been discussed on Junebugs and Georgia Peaches before.  Their informative post on her dresses can be seen HERE.  As a superfan (and a mommy with a small clothing budget), I decided to talk about how to add these gorgeous frocks to your closet without emptying out your wallet.  Bernie's dresses can range from $156-$225 at full price but here's a few tips and tricks to get one for a steal!

Bernie5

Bernie Dexter Sale Section

Bernie has a Last Chance Sale section on her website.  These dresses are either discontinued or don't have all sizes available.  She sells these dress anywhere from $55-$108.  I like this option because it's coming directly from Bernie and in perfect condition.  If you like to gamble and possibly get an even bigger discount, this next option might suit you...

Bernie2

Ebay

For those of you who love a good auction, there are tons of Bernie dresses on eBay.  Bernie herself sells some dresses at amazing prices on her eBay account.  The bids usually start at around $55.  If that's a little too pricey, many people sell their gently used Bernie dresses as well.  The dress above on the right was an eBay find from someone who never wore this dress.  I had been looking for this discontinued style for a long time so I was overjoyed when I won the auction.

Bernie6

Online Sales

There are a few online stores that stock Bernie dresses in their sale section.  Modcloth sells Bernie Dexter, but not for much longer so keep a lookout for a discount!  Right now Unique Vintage has a bunch of her dresses on sale.  For you Canadian Junebugs, C Style Fashions has a few discontinued styles on sale as well.

Bernie7

Clothing Swap Groups

This is a bit more of an unconventional option, but because I acquire so many of them this way, I had to mention it.  Both of the dresses above were swapped with other members of a group I belong to on Facebook.  Basically, we all have swap boards on Pinterest and trade with one another.  I'm constantly trying to purge my dress collection but I usually end up swapping which doesn't really help my overstuffed closet!  If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask in the comments below :)

Bernie1

Etsy
Bernie Dexter has an Etsy store with quite a bit of goodies in it!  Here you can find one of a kind samples, vintage goodies, and pieces from her very own wardrobe all at a discount.

I hope I've given a few options to you fellow pinups on a budget!  If you have any questions, please let me know.  I'd be happy to help with your quest for a Bernie at a discount.  Thanks so much for reading and I hope so see you over at Southern (California) Belle in the future!

xoxo

Ashley

11 comments:

  1. So happy to have you on the blog today, Ashley! I can't wait to start looking for some budget Bernie's of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! love your outfits, ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can sew, you can make similar dresses yourself. A lot of the fabrics that Bernie uses are made by Michael Miller and available on fabric.com (as well as a ton of other places!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tips on the Bernie dresses! I love all the fabrics she uses & have found more Michael Miller fabrics that I have fallen in love with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know about Bernie's Etsy account, thanks for the info! And, needless to say, I love your Bernie collection <3.

    xo, Serli
    www.lesoleilchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We talk about Michael Miller all the time on here, we absolutely love him! We know Bernie uses a lot of his fabric, but sadly, neither of us can sew. It's a total bummer. We need to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We constantly lurk Michael Miller - he always has the best fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She really does have SUCH a lovely collection! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can always check apps like Vinted, Pinup Girl Style also has a buy/sell/trade forum and all sorts of brands end up in there <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really helpful! Thank you x

    ReplyDelete