Dollys at The Dock

Tuesday, September 16, 2014


We received these swimsuits from Red Dolly Swimwear coincidentally right before June came home for her last visit before the wedding.  We decided to spoil ourselves and have a lake day... but our day definitely didn't go as planned.  After driving 30 minutes to the lake, we were greeted by a barrier blocking us from driving to the 'beach' area.  Being the rebels we are, we decided to walk to the area, which was not the best idea because after walking 2 miles in swimsuits and heels with our arms full of lake day supplies, we realized that our destination was much farther than we thought.. SO. MUCH. FARTHER.  We ended up on the dock, sticking out feet in the water.


I've been telling Amelia since day one of blogging that if we were EVER contacted about swimsuits... she was in it alone.  I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not entirely comfortable with my body and also yeah, I wear my corset most days and it's my security blanket but I sucked it up an wore a swimsuit anyways because 1) they were too cute to pass up and 2) I'd never make Amelia do this alone... even if I told her I was.  My suit was The Noir Maillot and  it was the perfect black one piece.  I really loved the quality and fabric of the suit.  However, because I'm only 4'11" and I have an incredibly short torso, I had quite a bit of excess fabric in my medium and my bust didn't fit in a small (Amelia's suit is a small and shes a smaller cup size than I am, but we tried it on me anyways... it was hilarious).  Also, Amelia was confidently rocking the shit out of her swimsuit and I told her I felt like an insecure little raincloud, which made me feel like the photo below:

via

I've always said that I have the longest torso in the entire world. That may be a slight exaggeration, but it is super long, which is why I've never bought a swimsuit online before.  This Red Dolly, "The Bella" in red and white polka dots surprisingly fit me pretty well!  I will admit that I could have definitely benefited from having an extra inch or two, but that's only because I'm not used to my boobs being out so much. ;)  Not to mention that I loved the print on the swimsuit, because we all know I rock a lot of polka dots.  


Red Dolly Swimwear offers a variety of one pieces and two pieces for women, girls and babies.  Now if only they had swimwear for cats so we could buy our fur daughters a matching swimsuit...

Where is your favorite swimsuit from?
What are you doing with your last warm days?

33 comments:

  1. You guys both look so cute in those bathing suits!


    Question for June- how was the support? I have a big chest and my biggest insecurity about bathing suits are the support. I am always looking for better bathing suits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I really like EcoSwim by Aqua Green swimsuits. Several have a vintage feel but they are made in the USA and use recycled materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look adorable and I love their swimsuits!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both look gorgeous! Love the little black number on you Amanda and I'm totally in the same boat about being a bit self conscious in swimwear! Katie I'm jealous of your long legs! Ha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable. And you know what Its so great to see you post the photos anyways to show us the swimsuits, cause you know what Im with you there I know how much courage that can take. Both are beautiful classic looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys look absolutely fab. Both of you! We're all our own worst enemies when it comes to our bodies, I think. June, you kill it in a corset, but you look just as good without one.
    I love the trespassing story. I would probably prefer sitting on the dock to sitting on the beach, no sand in my britches that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gals look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw you guys are adorable! Love everything about this! I haven't worn a one piece suit since I was a kid but these are so cute I think my next one might be a one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking fabulous, ladies!!! There's just no beating a vintage or vintage inspired swimsuit in my books (especially one piecers like these beauts).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look great! My fave suit I got on sale from Urban Outfitters, which isn't a place I normally shop, but it has a nice vintage-y feel. I got it six summers ago, though, and last night at aqua zumba I was noticing it is starting to get a little stretched out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You both look lovely! It's just starting to warm up here and I recently brought myself a pineapple print bikini. Now we just have to see if I can get up the courage to actually wear it! I'm very seriously considering buying a swim skirt (like this one http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/glee-swim-skirt.html) to wear with it but I'm not sure if it would look weird over a two piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Silver Cat Tea PartySeptember 18, 2014 at 2:03 PM

    Sorry you ladies had to do such a long walk in heels with all that gear and to no avail! You both look oh so cute on the docks though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these photos girls, you both look so cute and gorgeous in your swimsuits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, you both look amazing. Especially sporting those darling hats.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you doll! The hats definitely make the look!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. High Waisted bottoms are seriously the best invention ever! My hips are so wide that's the only way I can wear a two piece!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you doll! It was seriously such a long walk.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that would look adorable--you should go for it!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate when I find a good swimsuit and then I can never replace it!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hadn't worn a one piece in so long, but it was great! I definitely lean more towards two pieces!


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much!


    At the end of the day that's what we said too! This way we got to experience the lake but didn't have to worry about being dirty!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you lady!


    It definitely takes a lot of courage to post swimsuit pictures, but every body is beautiful no matter the size and we both realize the importance to show that!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Swimswear is so unsettlingly, but I'm sure you look fucking amazing in a swimsuit!


    Thanks babe! I always feel like a giant and I rarely get to appreciate my long legs.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're the most adorable Sammi!


    I do too! I really want to get my hands on a two piece!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's so cool! I love when companies utilize recycled materials!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much!


    I'm not sure if June agrees, but I'm a 32 D and I didn't feel like the support was great. Not awful, but I definitely felt like boobs were kinda just sitting there....sorry if that's too graphic!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  27. XD Thanks for the response! Cute swimsuits that are well structured are hard to find. Maybe I will give up and start stapling bras into them lol

    ReplyDelete