The Domestic Dame: Arpons, Babydolls + Bloomers!

Friday, August 8, 2014

So, we'll be the first to admit that neither of us spend very much time at home, we're on-the-go A LOT.  But, on the rare occasion that we have a day off and we ARE at home, the last thing we're thinking about is what we're wearing... and anyone who walked in on a day off would spot us in panties + an old band t-shirt PROBABLY wrapped up in a Snuggie that looks like Hogwarts robes.

The Domestic Dame has officially beautified our lazy days, without forcing us to give up the comfort of the above-mentioned fashion tragedy.  The Domestic Dame is run by two sweet LA livin' ladies and they carry really adorable loungewear + aprons inspired by the home-style kitchen aprons of the 30s, 40s and 50s.  Also, all of their items are modeled by one of our biggest lady crushes, Bernie Dexter.


While I had a hard time choosing, I ended up with the Dottie Babydoll + the Kitty Bloomer, both in a size Small.  I absolutely LOVED the way the babydoll fit, its really comfortable, the fabric is soft + it was the exact length I wanted.  The cotton eyelet trim... was freaking adorable.  I had a bit of a struggle with the bloomers though.  I blame this on the fact that because I'm 4'11", I have short legs and an even shorter torso and when I was taking photos, if I kept them at the position that felt and looked naturally comfortable, it looked like I had no bottoms on which would've been just fine for lounging but I wanted y'all to be able to see them!  I probably could've sized down to an XS.  When I was taking these photos, my neighbors came outside and I got some pretty hilarious looks... but I at least I was wearing loungewear and not lingerie! ; )



I will never claim to be a baker, but I do enjoy cooking quite a bit!  I usually stick to more savory recipes...and things that require less measuring, because I'm too impatient for that.  The combination of loving to cook and being clumsy is a dangerous one, and my clothes often end up looking like they lost a fight with a rolling pin.  This apron is such a good addition to my kitchen wardrobe, because aside from this I only have one other apron!  I think that function and style are equal parts reason why  this Pink Gingham Sweetheart Apron is awesome.  The pocket is also amazing, because it can hold spices or my lipstick, total dual function. So whether you want a cute new apron to wear while cooking or you want kitchen boudoir-style pictures this apron can work for both scenarios!


What are your favorite lazy day clothes? 
(seriously we love Snuggies... we have no problem admitting a blanket with sleeves is genius.)

23 comments:

  1. So cute, and such pretty things. I love the clothesline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness heading over to their website right now! Definitely going to splurge on some things this month!

    Marie,
    http://www.mariedarling.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I'm always on the lookout for vintage-style aprons! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are just ridiculously cute. I, unfortunately, don't have a whole lot of lazy comfy clothes. I've got some rather pretty vintage nightgowns that I like to lay about in, but they're kind of sheer and not entirely decent for mixed company. I love the baby doll and bloomers, that would be great for "at home" time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am way too thrifty to buy "lazy" clothes. My husband and I basically "retire" our worn down clothes and wear them around the house. So I am usually in big baggy shirts from high school and yoga pants with holes in them. XD


    But occasionally on the weekends I have "lazy" dresses, which are elastic or baggy. That way for a quick grocery store run I can just toss it on with some shoes. Sometimes I forget to change out of them and I sit around the house in a dress, and don't care who sees my undies. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving all the polka dots; especially the cute babydoll and bloomers! You guys look adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I collect both vintage aprons and slips, so I usually lounge around in some gorgeous stuff, but the problem is that many of them are simply too fragile to wear, especially some of the very fancy "hostess aprons" (which you don't cook in, you just put on when you serve dinner at a fancy party, which I must say I never do). So, since I can't cook, and I wouldn't dare get food on them, sometimes I just wear my aprons as an accessory, like an "overskirt". I would totally wear that outfit you are wearing out to a concert. Turns out men love aprons! Try it!


    I am now rushing over to the Domestic Dame because you two are shameless enablers and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the waistband on that apron, it's so cute!


    I have a playsuit for warm lazy days, or some leopard-print jammies for cooler days

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snuggies are the best! I don't know if people realize how great they are! haha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the waistband too--I know it's rare to think about this but it was a super flattering apron! ha


    I bet you rock those leopard-print jammies!!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a good idea to wear the apron out! I love the concept of hostess aprons. If I ever had a dinner party I'm definitely going to rock one.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. We rock a lot of polka dots. haha Doesn't June just look adorable in that set? She definitely made me want my own pair of bloomers!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. The funny thing is that for the longest time my husband would whine when I put a dress on that he didn't want to dress up. I find dresses much easier than matching up a shirt and pant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, you are both so cute! I really especially love the heart shaped pocket on that apron ^___^ My lazy day outfits usually consist of jeans and a giant Wonder Woman t-shirt. It's really way too big for me now, but it's WW so I'm going to keep on wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm dying for this lounge wear. Anything to make me feel like a like a little Lolita.
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh both are so cuuute! two side notes though. One: JUNE those calves! get it girl! Two: Amelia that Fire King bowl! Now back on topic, literally if I am not outside of my house, I am in my Hello Kitty pajama pants and a snuggie. How else can you read while staying warm? That apron is very flattering though! Gorgeous as always, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like I'll be investing in some new loungewear and aprons soon haha! I am really excite about the aprons, possibly more than I am about the loungewear! Seeing as I'm applying to culinary colleges soon, I may have to purchase one as a graduation gift to myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh gosh you two are just too darn cute!!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVED the little shaped pockets on the apron, I thought it was a great touch, I might be buying one for myself now. I wear a lot of my fiancee's tees on my lazy days too... they're just to damn comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha that's EXACTLY how I felt! I loved the top so much, that eyelet lace detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha THANK YOU! I'm a walker/jogger/runner. AND EXACTLY! How else do you keep your arms warm AND retain the ability to turn pages! But I agree, and now I want one of those aprons. haha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well thank you so much Miss CoriLynn. <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. You definitely should! Everyone needs a cute apron! I don't bake often anymore because i'm so busy but when I do, there's no saving my clothes and the aprons are more for me to stick stuff in the pockets haha.

    ReplyDelete