Mail Call + Snail Mail

Monday, August 4, 2014

For those who've made their way over to our Contact Us page up there ^^^ in our nav. bar, you may have seen our comment about how much we love snail mail + chatting with our readers!  We've only been blogging regularly since January and we've been so overwhelmed with how sweet + interactive + talented our readers are and how much fun we've had meeting new people through blogging!  That being said, here are some of the things our amazing readers + social media followers have sent us through e-mail, snail mail, etc.

This amazing drawing by Melody makes us look like pinup superheros.
Carolyn Max captured June mid-wink and gave Amelia perfect cateyes.
Lovely letter from Junebug reader, Hillary, to June!
June getting really spoiled by Tracey from Stars and Swallows

We were SO surprised when these amazing packages from Tracey of Stars and Swallows showed up at our front doors.  Seriously, HOW GENEROUS!  They were a showcase of Australian talent that she carries in her store and each included a Stars and Swallows Singlet (her logo was designed by Mimsy at Trailer Trash Tattoo), hair bows which were handmade by Charlie Heartbreaker, little wooden brooches that were handmade by Ella Mobbs, cardigan clips by Jubly-Umph and a couple of issues of Pinup Skool magazine, an Australian publication.  Everything in these packages is BEAUTIFUL and we were so intrigued by the little descriptions of each that she included in her letter.

Us in our new Stars and Swallows Singlets
Brenna from Brenna Daugherty Illustration sketched this photo from one of us on vacation.
Lovely letter from Junebug reader, Hillary, to Amelia!

Random blog fact: we'll eventually do an FAQ page, but we’ve been getting the question fairly often about which one of us is “junebug” and which of us is “peach”, neither of us are either, it’s simply our blog name, which we took party from a vintage label we found while out shopping one day!  We chose not to use our real names (often) for blogging because of our white collar careers and because a lot of our Instagram followers weren’t using them anyways.  Instead, we simply went with our IG names and ran with it. At this point we answer to June/Amanda and Katie/Amelia and have no preference.

This adorable flamingo brooch from Miss Itsy Bitsy, Co.
Amelia getting spoiled by Tracey from Stars and Swallows
June in her Voodoo Vixen Cardigan by Isabel  |  Amelia + an ice cream cone by Anna
This adorable sketch Honey and the Hive drew of June's cat, Lady Thackery Binx

Thank you so much to everyone who comments on our blog posts, sends us emails, took the time to send us something or draw us and to everyone who reads our blog, we love you guys so much!  You make our creative endeavor so worthwhile and it makes the time we're sitting at our desk jobs fly by so much faster. Y'all are the absolute best!

Wanna send us snail mail? Comment your email below and we'll send you the address(es)!

31 comments:

  1. This is some amazing fan art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! Seriously the best mail ever! You have such talented readers! You need to add a page with all your fan art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That must be some of the most amazing mail ever! It's so nice that people take the time to show you both how loved you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww. so sweet! and i super love snail mail too. i have penpals and i enjoy writing letters. :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all so sweet. I would love to send you some snail mail! But first, what are your houses for HP? Or your favourite colour combinations? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracey - Stars and SwallowsAugust 4, 2014 at 9:43 PM

    Awww, thank you so much for your kind words! You both look adorable! (As always)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to send you snail mail!! My email is miss_mickey@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I´d like to send you snail mail.^^ I love your blog. My email is elyonkas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penpals are seriously the best! I love writing letters so please send your address my way! My email is mair3col3@gmail.com. I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for following me on bloglovin! You guys are definitely one of my favorite blogs so it was a great surprise seeing your follow!

    Marie,
    http://www.mariedarling.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. RIGHT?! We have some incredibly talented friends + readers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. RIGHT?! IT officially got it's own label in our "label cloud" but maybe we DO need to get a page going! <333

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, I haven't see you guys in FOREVER we need to get a blogger meet-up going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know!!! And it really does make us feel SO special and loved. And seriously, what talented people, I can't even draw a stick figure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pen pals really are SO much fun! I think everyone needs one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. WE WOULD LOVE THAT!!!!!



    We were both sorted into Ravenclaw (and we very well knew we would be!) on our first day on Pottermore, Ravenclaw's for life! <333

    ReplyDelete
  16. We can't say thank you enough, Tracey! They were seriously such thoughtful packages! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. They really are the best! I'm about to email you!


    And you're very welcome! We love your blog! <333

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marie, it's saying your email doesn't exist! Do you have another? <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marie, it's saying your email doesn't exist! Do you have another? : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Victoria AndersonAugust 7, 2014 at 6:22 PM

    Penpals are mail are the best. My email is vnicanndrais @ gmail

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll send mail! I love having pen pals. Plus, you'll need to see my outfits at school. I'll photograph the dress I made from my grandma's pattern that I told you about soon. School starts in a week and a half! Eeee! I need shoes and also bras that go well with waist cinchers. Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh jeez I typed it in wrong! It's mari3col3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brillo! I will try my best to crochet the two of you a little something sweet.
    My email is aleatory_@hotmail.com if you want to send through some details xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love getting snail mail and you guys have been getting the best stuff! So sweet that readers write you both and make such beautiful art <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely LOVE snail mail, even if it's just a postcard! It's such a nice change from bills haha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yayyy! You should, that would be marvelous! Did you find bras and shoes to go with your waist cinchers yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know we are seriously always so excited to take one of these out of our mailboxes, we have the sweetest readers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I did! I'm just wearing a VS cotton underwire bra and then I ordered shoes and am also wearing my Salt Water sandals since it is still so damn hot here. I got cotton tanks to go under my waist cincher as you suggested. That makes a HUGE difference. :) Tomorrow I'm wearing a skirt from Doll Me Up Darling and a black tee with a brooch (enamel daisies)...I've posted lots of outfits from last week on my Instagram if you want to see. It's been fun, and my co-workers love it! Thanks so much for all of your help!

    ReplyDelete