June's Bachelorette Trip (Wizarding World + Cabana Bay)

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

We've been eagerly awaiting this trip for a while now.  Two of my three bridesmaids, Amelia and Kristen, have season passes to Universal Studios and visit the park regularly, so we realized that in lieu of a traditional bachelorette night, we could actually got on a relatively inexpensive trip.  Liz + I live in Nashville and Kristen and Amelia live in Augusta so it also wasn't practical for any two of us to drive to the other two just for one night.  Also, we'd all been closely following the construction of Universal's newest on site hotel, which just so happened to be mid-century themed!  Here are some photos from our little bachelorette vacation.

The Accommodations

I can't explain how excited I was to visit this hotel, it's a newly constructed little slice of the past.  I'd seen photos and I THOUGHT I knew what to expect.  However, I was shocked at how detail oriented every. little. thing. in the hotel was.  from the packaging on the hotel toiletries to the quirky artwork on our room keys. Everything was absolutely perfect.  There was a little bar in the lobby, a HUGE dining hall area with pretty good food (we only ate breakfast there and mostly ate at the amazing restaurants on the City Walk), a little bar with a huge pool area and best of all... an in-hotel bowling alley.
Photo Credit to + Pin by Kelsy of Honey and the Hive
Love at first.... sign.

The Park

I hadn't been to Universal Studios since January and since then, they've completed the construction of Diagon Alley + the Hogwarts Express.  I will admit to getting a bit emotional seeing it pull into the train station and getting to walk through Platform 9 3/4.  We were let into the park an hour early as one of the amenities through the hotel and that extra hour was absolutely invaluable to our day in the park... we didn't even have to buy express passes (the new Gringotts ride is phenomenal) and we got to stand right in the middle of Hogsmeade with largely deserted streets.

 

You Say Goodbye...

I'm keeping Kristen + Liz's photo exposure to a minimum (as requested) because they're two of my favorite people and if they didn't want to be in photos, they damn well didn't have to be. haha.  There were a few vintage cars that were perma-parked in front of the hotel almost as decor and Amelia + I found ourselves oddly drawn to this amazing wood-paneled station wagon, so before we left, we snapped our last few photos in front of it.


We spent the week prior adding songs to a semi-hilarious, time-machine-esque collaborative Spotify playlist (here) and listening to it on the drive(s) was made me so happy we'd taken the time to do so.  I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends who made this happen.  Liz + I drove a total of 24 hours in 3 days (12 to + from Nashville in her new car and 12 from Augusta to Orlando and back in Kristen's car) + she purchased our tickets, Kristen + Katie booked the hotel, drove the 12 hours to and from Orlando and they all chipped in for gas + food.  We all felt mildly crazy for shoving so much into 3 days but that was half the fun!  The mania of doing as much as we can in little time made the trip charming and unforgettable. 

Have you ever been to Wizarding World?
What do you hope/did you do for your Bachelorette Party?

50 comments:

  1. OHMAHGOODNESS. What a great bachelorette party you had! I am absolutely blown away by that hotel and all of the 'small' details they chose to include. I had no idea a hotel like that even existed (I don't get out much) and what a treat to see. Thank you for including so many fun pictures of your trip, I am particularly fond of the Wizarding World ones<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks AMAZING! I was loving your pics on Instagram. Sounds like the perfect getaway- how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great bachelorette party! I'm not sure what I'd want to do for mine. I do know that I need to stay in that hotel sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are so deliciously amazing! Hehe. The whole trip looked marvelous from start to finish and you ladies look pinup perfect as always. <3 <3 YAY! I'm glad you had a fun time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a really fun bachelorette trip! That hotel is just amazing. Love all the details in the decor, it really looks like it was pulled into the present from 1959. I also think it's super cute how you and Amelia didn't match, but definitely coordinated - was that intentional, or are you guys just really on the same wave length?
    I'm kind of a solitary traveler, so I probably wouldn't want to do a big trip with my friends (assuming I still wanted them to be friends with me at the end of it), but there's this amazing Korean spa just outside Chicago called Kind Spa. It's a pretty traditional health spa, with hot pools and different kinds of saunas. I'd probably want to do a day there right before the wedding just to shake off some of the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! It's like they looked inside your head and created the perfect hotel for you! All those details are AMAZING! We're not even going to discuss how JEALOUS I am that you were in Hogsmeade, et al. *le sigh*

    Happy, happy bachelorette party and happy wedding! How goes the battle with finding wedding shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hotel is seriously incredible, and it looks like you girls had an amazing time!! <3


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that hotel is amazing. I must go at once! I hope to do a trip with my best gal friends also. I have nowhere in mind but Im just gonna choose somewhere in the US that Ive wanted to travel to but haven't been. If not then Id love a tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda, we had that exact station wagon when I was a kid! I'll find a picture next time I'm at Mom & Dad's and send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That hotel is awesome. I have to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks like such fun! The hotel looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My gosh that looks like a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That hotel looks amazing! What a fun way to celebrate your bachelorette party! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Silver Cat Tea PartyAugust 21, 2014 at 10:14 AM

    Wow, oh wow!!! My husband and I are going to Universal Studios in Orlando November. I was thinking of booking a stay at this hotel. Now I know it's a must!!! You're pics make me so excited!!!!!! Everything looks so amazing!!! :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your photos on this post, and you've inspired me to save enough to have at least one more trip to the US, I absolutely *must* stay at Cabana Bay, it looks absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That hotel looks fantastic! I haven't been to the Wizarding World since they opened up the new area, but after seeing this post, I really want to check it out. :)


    Also, all your outfits were adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh that hotel! we were at the wizarding world just a few weeks ago and kept seeing the shuttle from that hotel driving around. i had no idea it was that perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That hotel looks amazing!!! Seriously making a mental note. The exterior/pool reminds me of Catch me If You Can! The colors! The colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That hotel looks to be pure PERFECTION. How fun! I think a mini vacay rather than a traditional bachelorette party is a novel idea. And it looks like you had a fantastic time! I won't be getting married any time soon, but I would love to do a Disneyland trip for a bachelorette (and maybe even coincide with dapper day!) Or a getaway with lots of tea drinking, vintage shopping, and live theatre!

    xoxo, Alesha
    www.oldfashionedwhimsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That hotel! So adorable. Glad y'all had such a good time! And your playlist, as expected, absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wooooooowwww!!! I hope to visit here one day!!! Love the hotel decor too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amanda, pleeeease share with us info in your hair color! I loooved that auburn shade and if you use box dye I would love to know what you use!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wanted to move in, it was absolutely perfect. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. It hasn't been open for very long, and trust me, as soon as we heard about it we knew we had to stay there. Also, trust me, Wizarding World is our home away from home, we are two smitten Ravenclaws.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It truly was absolutely amazing, I think next time we go we might try to spend a little more time in the hotel and a little less time running around like crazy people so we can enjoy it a little more <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. You definitely do, I promise you won't be disappointed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww thank you so much, sweet lady! You always leave the best blog + photo comments. We really did have an AMAZING time, I'm lucky to have such thoughtful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Seriously even the elevator... it looked like the one that Peggy + Don't Draper take to the office every day. And we were just on the same wavelength, I suppose haha. That or we tend to avoid the same colors so a lot of our wardrobes are matchy.


    And wow that sounds amazing, I've never been to a spa before but it sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not a big group kinda lady, having 4 people couldn't have worked out any better. <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. RIGHT?!?! I felt like that too, I almost cried when we pulled into the hotel to check-in. And oh my, Diagon Alley!!!! They did such an amazing job with the addition! And the Hogwarts Express... sigh!


    I gave up and decided I'll probably just wear my Vivienne's again. Meh. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  30. It really was SO much fun! I've been admiring all the photos of your little blogger meet up lately, I wish I could've been there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. You really do need to go if you have the chance because it's amazing!!! Oh! A US trip would be so much fun for you... and a tea party would be so cute! One of my favorite bloggers did a tea party for her bridal shower and it is one of my favorite ones I've ever seen! Just so delicate and lovely looking! <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. Haha oh, please do! I wish they still had it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It was incredible! It was a sensory overload of amazing. haha

    ReplyDelete
  34. It really was, I'm lucky to have such thoughtful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I don't think there was anything I would've changed, it was such a good time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh! I hope you booked your stay here because you will LOVE it! And it's the cheapest on-site hotel and we were super happy with the amenities! I hope you guys have an amazing time when you go! <3

    ReplyDelete
  37. I cannot agree more that it's a *must stay* sot of place, so detail oriented and absolutely amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  38. Katie + Kristen had seen the new area but Liz had never seen any of WWOHP and I hadn't seen the new area so it was so amazing to ride the Hogwarts Express for the first time and see Knockturn and Diagon Alley(s).



    And thank you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  39. RIGHT?! It's amazing! I was so jealous when I saw all your WWOHP photos, I was wishing my trip would come sooner! haha. If you guys go again you'll have to book a stay, it was totally worthwhile and super reasonable. They even upgraded our room the morning-of.

    ReplyDelete
  40. It was! And oh my god you're right... if only Leo had come running out of a room somewhere..... sigh. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I was hesitant about it at first but because Amelia and Kristen had season passes and got hotel discounts, etc. we realized it was actually pretty inexpensive split 4 ways, so we went for it!


    I LOVE Disney! I think that's what we're doing for our honeymoon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you, it really was awesome. And you're the only one who commented anything about the playlist out of 30 comments and that makes you amazing for listening to our little... time machine. haha. <3

    ReplyDelete
  43. I hope you can! You'd absolutely love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  44. I buy it at Sally's but it's L'Oreal "For Dark Hair Only" in Red Fire. Here's a link.

    http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-dye/LOREAL38,default,pd.html

    ReplyDelete
  45. Eeep! I am dying to go there!!! It's kinda far for me way up north in Canada, but I'll get there.

    Yes!! Wear your pretty Vivienne's again! I love them sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your dramatic poses are fabulous! Universal Studios would have been amaing! Awsome jam packed post! x

    http://inescapableclothing.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. Teresa Harrison-witheSeptember 22, 2014 at 1:20 PM

    Love all your dress, s especially the last one xx

    ReplyDelete