Friday Favorites #27

Friday, August 29, 2014

Another week and another Friday Favorites!  I hope all of you in the States are getting prepared for a relaxing Labor Day weekend.  I'll be going (back!) to Universal Studios with Michael so we can spend Labor Day in Diagon Alley.

cigarette pants
 black | red
photo via Pinup Girl Clothing/Madelyn Kime Photography

What?!  We are actually talking about pants!?  I'm constantly branching out and stepping out of my comfort zone, and I think my next leap needs to be cigarette pants.  These Cigarette Pants in Black and Red both by Deadly Dames are the perfect combination of sophisticated and sexy.  They'd also be the perfect addition to my wardrobe for the winter months, because my poor little legs freeze.  Also, even if I was unsure about these pants Ms. Micheline Pitt completely sold me on them!  Doesn't she look amazing?


June and I are always lurking Etsy for new purchases, and after including paper dolls in my last Friday Favorites I searched Etsy for some.  I did find some amazing dolls and I also stumbled upon Belle Hibo.  These are retro doll brooches are made from vintage fashion doll illustrations, and they totally remind me of June and me.  I would the one on the left and Amanda would be the one on the right!  Also, doesn't the dress on the right look this Lindy Bop Dress?  I've always wanted that Lindy Bop Dress, but now I really want it!  Okay--I got a little side-tracked, but seriously aren't these brooches great?  They're obviously a little 'in your face', but I have never had an issue with that. ;) 

lindy bop

1 | 2  

I think I'm one of seven people who ISN'T stoked for Fall/Autumn.  I know it means pumpkin flavored things, but it also means that the sun and I can't be BFF's anymore.  The only way for me to like Fall is if I embrace Fall colors.  These two Lindy Bop dresses make me excited for Fall with their deeper tones.  The first one the 'Zarah' is appropriately described as a 1940s Librarian....which in a nutshell describes how I want to dress.  I love al the details, and the print of the dress.  The red piping is just the cherry on top of the cake..err dress.  The 'Penny' Dress is so classic and I love the neck details.  I can definitely see this dress being a work staple for me, but also classy enough for a nice dinner.  I know we've talked about Lindy Bop a lot in the past, but they're really impressing me lately with their styles.


I typically stick to hair followers or silk scarves for my hair accessories, but I can't help but fall in love with a few new hair accessories.  I've been wanting this turban for such a long time, because it reminds me of Lucille Ball!  When cooler weather hits I'll probably buy it.  Also, it would be the best at hiding my roots when I get too lazy to color my hair.  Next, this fascinator from Pinup Girl Clothing screams quintessential Southern style to me.  I want to wear it and then go drink sweet tea on Amanda's grandma's front porch.  Sadly, it's recently sold-out, but I still stare at the picture longingly.  Lastly, this amazing Louise Green Karen Hat sold by Trashy Diva is too adorable.  I'll basically buy anything if it has cherries on it, and it reminds me slightly of Mary Poppins' hat.

breakfastclub

It's no surprise that I love this Breakfast Club Dress by Steady Clothing since..well I love most things by Steady Clothing.  I've wanted this dress ever since I saw how amazing the print was on Amanda's crop top and skirt.  I've never met a novelty print that I didn't love, and I'm a breakfast food fiend so it just makes perfect sense that I want this dress!  I mean, what could be better than eating breakfast for dinner while wearing the Breakfast Club Dress?!  Ron Swanson would approve.


Recently I've been watching a lot of films set in the 60's and this includes Grease 2.  Everyone loves Sandy's style, but for me, the ladies in Grease 2 have amazing style.  I mean, those sunglasses and all of that color!?  Don't even get me started on the bowling alley scene and the luau.  I know I'm probably alone in this, but man oh man I love Grease 2...but maybe it's because I want a "cool rider". 

What are some of your favorite things this week? 
Do y'all have any plans for Labor Day?

17 comments:

  1. That brooch looks exactly like the Lindy Bop dress!! How funny! And Micheline would pretty much sell me on anything. I've been wanting that breakfast print dress too. I didn't like the way it looked on the ModCloth site, but whenever I see it on a model, it looks great! I wish I could pull off the crop top & skirt version.


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micheline Pitt is probably the reason I own blue lipstick. Her powers of persuasion cannot be overstated. It's funny, though, how many bloggers I've seen talking about pants lately. It's like we collectively forgot they exist until the weather started to think about cooling down, and then all of a sudden they seem like a great idea again.
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting a Lindy Bop dress in the near future. They have so many great prints, and I really can't get over how affordable they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silver Cat Tea PartyAugust 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM

    LOVE Louise Green's hats!!! My all time favorite is the Cherry Doll Hat!!! http://www.trashydiva.com/shop/louisegreen-cherrydollhat-taupered This one reminds me of Mary Poppins for sure! ;) I wish I had $216 to buy it!!!

    I contented myself so far with this hat I found from Modcloth... a close fit to the cherry hat you girls picked out. ;)
    http://silvercatteaparty.blogspot.com/2014/08/outfit-of-day-saturday-at-fremont.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Deadly Dames Pants! They are very warm in the winter which is always a bonus. I'd also recommend looking into the Laura Byrnes Trousers, those are my absolute favorites. I talk about them both on my blog if your interested: http://tulipnoireblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/15/tulips-closet-pinup-girl-clothing/
    I also seriously love that turban, Emmy Design makes some pretty great ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched Grease 2 a long time ago, but it keeps coming up so I should probably watch it again. I was up visiting the summer camp I used to work at and there was a guy from Liverpool there who had been obsessed with the movie over the summer and everyone kept talking about it and cool riders. There is a very interesting selection of thrift store vhses in the staff yurt there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could see myself wearing a pair of those pants, especially the red ;).


    Tamara
    www.trulytamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've already had our last long weekend in the UK, but I agree I am in no was ready for autumn/fall - especially as we've barely seen the sun for the past two or three weeks.


    On the subject of hats: I'm a huge fan of them, but it's the one thing I'm always a little wary of buying or wearing (I do have one hat), I found a lovely vintage hat yesterday but ended up leaving it because I'm so uncertain about them. I definitely think you should write a post about hats, and if you don't want to put it on your blog, I'd happily let you guest post on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should check out ladybird likes on etsy. Her brooches are even better. Vintage ladies and vintage pin up girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love her brooches!! She does have great options!
    xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely need to start buying more hats. I always look at them and look at them, and decide against it. I think it's because so much of my time is spent at work so I can't wear them!


    We may end up doing that! I definitely need to stock up first!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. How crazy! Most people I know HATE Grease 2, but it's just such a fun kitschy movie!


    What a fun story!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post!


    You've definitely sold me on those trousers!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had that money too! It's such a nice hat, but for $216 thats so much!


    That is amazing!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Right!? She can do no wrong. She's basically a living inspiration.


    haha I hate pants, but it's just so not practical to hate them. haha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. It really crazy how much the brooch looks like the Lindy Bop dress!


    Right? She can do no wrong. She's a mega-babe.


    Oh, I'm sure you can pull off anything..you babe you!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. VaporFi is the best electronic cigarettes supplier out there.

    ReplyDelete