Friday Favorites #25

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hi y'all it's Amelia!  How is it already August?  I feel like the months have been flying by.  June's busy planning her wedding, and I've been busy planning the bachelorette party!  After planning my own wedding..I have to admit that this is much more fun.

shoes

1 | 2 | 3

Everytime I go back to Universal Studios I ask myself the same question, "where can I get cute flats?"  The answer to that question is Poetic Licence.  I absolutely love all of their shoes, and I couldn't limit it to just flats, because those striped wedges are amazing.  The first pair are appropriately named the "Chit Chat" flats, and I'm sure they are likely to start a conversation!  The second pair are such an amazing floral, and I love the colors!


I am forever lurking Etsy for vintage clothing, and lately The Vintage Studio has been posting so many things that I am in love with!  This 50s Wiggle Dress has a floral print that slightly reminds me of a couch, but in the best possible way ever.  Like, if this fabric was on a couch it would be your favorite couch!  I love that the dress is reasonably priced and still in great condition!  I want to wear this to drink tea and eat cucumber sandwiches while wearing this dress.  Sadly, this beauty is a little too big for me, but I can still window shop, right? 

fleur de lis

1 | 2 | 3 

I know no one expects me to be a football fan, but I was raised watching football with my dad!  My mom's from New Orleans so she has cheered for the New Orlean Saints for as long as I can remember.  Recently, I have noticed a few dresses featuring a black and gold fleur de lis print, which means I can root on my mom and sister's favorite team and still dress retro!   The Audrey Mini Dress by Trashy Diva isn't out yet, but it's shorter length and bold print is something I can definitely see myself wearing to a Super Bowl party.  The Black and Gold Fleur de Lis dress by Pinup Couture  is one that June has and I've loved it FOR SO LONG.  She let me wear it at my bachelorette party (because she's amazing), and I instantly felt glamorous.  Lastly, this Gold Fleur de Lis skirt by Heart of Haute is a great A-line skirt that can be dressed up or down.  All three dresses can be dressed up or down, but when I look at them I just think of the New Orlean Saints.

balloons

1 | 2 | 3 


I'm a total sucker for novelty prints, and this week I'm focusing on hot-air balloons!  I've always loved the idea of them (even though I've never been on one!).  Fun fact:  a lot of people associate hot-air balloons with Around the World in Eighty Days even though it wasn't one of his ways to travel the world (in the novel at least).  I love the simplicity and 1960s silhouette of the Sailing Through Clouds dress.  Also, the fact that the balloons are super tiny and minimalist means I could still feel okay wearing this to work.  I wasn't a huge fan of scarves until one of my co-workers knit me one, and I have been hooked ever since.  I haven't worn a scarf with such a bold print, but this Cappadocia Dawn Scarf is definitely making me change my mind!  Last, we have my favorite of the three!  This Guest of Honor Dress in Balloons is great for so many different reasons!  I love the shape, but I especially love the color combination.  The green, blue and orange really work well together.


I know June and I both did, but anyone else play with paper dolls growing up?  I have such fond memories of being at my grandma's in Tennessee and playing with paper dolls!  However, mine were tragically 1980s style, and they did not have nearly as cute separates as this doll here.  If I had a paper doll set themed after me that green skirt on the left would definitely be included, and I know there would be a lot of novelty prints as well!  


What are your favorite things this week?  
Did you ever play with paper dolls?  What would your paper doll set consist of? 

13 comments:

  1. Ahh I've always loved paper dolls! My mom does too. I used to make my own, sometimes! And I always wished the clothes could be real (I also wished the same thing of wanting Barbie's clothes in my size)!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silver Cat Tea PartyAugust 8, 2014 at 9:55 AM

    The Black and Gold Fleur De Lis Aline Skirt from Heart of Haute is one of the top items on my most wish list!!! I love that the print is metallic!! Also, how cute are those paper dolls! I've seen paper dolls of Joan from Mad Men too. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Christmas a few years back I got a paper doll set of all of the First Ladies and various outfit each of them wore. It was a joke gift, but I totally made a collage out of them and have it hanging with my outfit inspiration board... You know, for when I become First Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted paper dolls when I was little, but never got them; it probably didn't help that they're not that popular in the UK.

    The fleur de lis Harley dress is gorgeous, and making me realise how much I need a Harley in my life...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to have so many retro-football options! I am a Jets and Giants (well my husband is!) fan. Their colors are um... not the prettiest. But I would love to have more time to sew together a collection of retro-sports wear.


    I LOVE paper dolls. I was super intense about it. I remember cutting out every little feather that would poke out in dresses. My mother probably spent hundreds of dollars in high end paper dolls for me to play with. I recently printed out some retro wedding day paper dolls for kids to play with at my wedding. No one used them. lol Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never played with paper dolls. I don't know why because they look like fun!

    Marie,
    http://www.mariedarling.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to make mine too occasionally! Dude, I have some old Barbie clothes that I can totally see you wearing! You're basically a my size Barbie in the best possible way!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love so much Heart of Haute items that it's so hard to choose what I want the most, but that skirt is definitely on the top! I saw those too and I absolutely loved them! The detail is amazing.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh that sounds like an amazing gift! Sometimes joke gifts are my favorites! That's some amazing inspiration! I'd love to see what you WILL wear when you're First Lady. ;)


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never considered the idea that Paper dolls were a cultural thing! I definitely want to get some to frame now, because they're so kitschy.


    June's Harley collection is a constant reminder that I need a Harley. They are so fantastic!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. A retro-sports wear collection would be the absolute coolest! I'm sure they are some Jets fans out there dying to get green and white printed dresses ;)


    Your mom sounds amazing! haha I can't believe no one played with them..I totally would have! hah


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're so much fun! I love seeing all of the details that go into them!
    I'm trying my hardest to not order both pairs of flats...but they're so cute.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both of the color ways for that dress! Oh my gosh, yes! Collectif kills me with their amazing products.


    I would love that! All of mine are at my grandma's, but I'd love to get them and frame them!


    xox

    ReplyDelete