Feelin' Like Voodoo Vixens (Part 2) Meet Susie Meow!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014


Outfit Details
Hair Flower c/o  Your One Stop Pinup Shop
Glasses  |  vintage
 Susie Meow Dress c/o Voodoo Vixen
Audrey Cape c/o Voodoo Vixen
Seamed Stockings  |  Unique Vintage
Morticia Corset  |  What Katie Did (has detachable garter straps)
 Persia Heels c/o Miss L Fire


You're probably all seeing this outfit thinking... wait... isn't it like... 95+ degrees in Nashville right now? And the answer is.. yes.  It was really f*cking hot taking these photos.  BUT, we reviewed Voodoo Vixen a while ago (here) and I told myself if I had the chance to own the Susie Meow dress + the maybe-a-little-impractical-for-southern-weather-EVEN-in-the-winter Audrey cape, I would go for it.  The name of the dress alone compelled me to own it.  So here it is, August, and being completely impractical, I suited up in my wool dress + stockings and loved every second of wearing this outfit a few months early. Because, why not?  Sometimes summer is the best time to purchase fall/winter pieces... HELLO SALES! Here's Miss Susie Meow - sans cape.


And because sometimes, when you get a new outfit that motivates you to style your crazy news reporter hair into something manageable, dig your favorite stockings out of the bottom of your panties drawer and completely disregard the weather... you have to break out a lindy bop + jitterbug...


I have no idea why I put off buying this set on my own (and cannot thank Voodoo Vixen enough for sending it to me)... I'm IN LOVE WITH IT.  I can't wait to wear it with a light long-sleeved shirt underneath for fall+winter.  I admit that I typically avoid wool... and that I took allergy pills before putting it on (NERD ALERT) but both the dress + cape are fully lined.  It also comes in a coral + navy colorway (dress + cape) which I feel like I need.

What does your favorite *make me want to break out in dance* outfit look like?
I would love to see photos! (mid-dance or otherwise)
  
Also feel free to make dance videos and just post those.

20 comments:

  1. You're so fucking cute!!! Love love love this outfit and that cape is to die for!! I normally lindy bop in the kitchen when a recipe goes to plan haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silver Cat Tea PartyAugust 12, 2014 at 11:17 AM

    So so cute! I've seen the skirt version and this cape but didn't know they even had a dress version of this pattern! I always wondered what the cape and skirt would look together! Now I know it looks adorable!!! :D Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo stinking cute!! I loove this look, and that last photo of you is darling!!


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even have words for how much I like this. I seriously sat at my desk sputtering for a good 30 seconds. The dress is awesome, the cape is beyond awesome, and you are a very lucky girl for getting those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable! That dress is seriously stunning! I swear every outfit you girls share on here I want so badly!


    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS OUTFIT WINS THE INTERNET!!!! Oh my goodness I am just in love <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg so gorgeous! When I heard of wool, I instantly thought ITCHY and HOT. haha Does it feel itchy when you just touch it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh-la-la! This might just be my favourite outfit you've ever sported before, dear gal. Seriously love it!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly-Marie MaleficentAugust 14, 2014 at 3:40 PM

    Gorgeous... How is the sizing with voodoo vixen?

    ReplyDelete
  10. wardrobe experienceAugust 21, 2014 at 10:04 AM

    this dress looks wonderful. perfect for fall. ... you look very happy wearing it!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha well thank you so much! Seriously, who knew a cape would be so cute! And I know exactly what you mean, all non-disasterous recipe following deserves a good dance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! Seriously such an amazing outfit, I was so excited when I put it on! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know they had a skirt version until I saw your comment! So cute! I think I might swear a light sweater under the dress in the fall. It's such a fun outfit <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha aww I really am lucky because they're beautiful! I feel like this is a truly amazing reproduction because it ALLLMOST looks like it could be true vintage <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww well thank you! And we love sharing our outfits for that exact reason... to be everyone's bad influences haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha well thank you so much, I think that about SO many of yours <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! It actually isn't itchy at all (probably because it's so lined) and I had to double check the label to make sure it really WAS wool. I was pleasantly surprised <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well thank you so much. I honestly think it might be my favorite as well : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! And I ALWAYS have to size down with VDV. : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww thanks so much and I agree, very fall appropriate, I can't wait for it to get cooler so I can wear it more!

    ReplyDelete