Feelin' Like Voodoo Vixens (Part 1) Meet Bonnie + Monica!

Monday, August 11, 2014

T-minus 5 days until we are walking around Orlando + The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for June's bachelorette party!  We need every distraction we get from going freaking insane having to work and go to class all week and we're getting antsy anticipating 4 ladies in a mid-century themed hotel with suitcases full of awesome and tickets to see Diagon Alley for the first time (well 2 of us will be seeing it for the first time)!  These pieces arrived JUST IN TIME to provide a perfect weekend distraction.  We've introduced you to Voodoo Vixen before (here) but here they are again!

Outfit Details 
Yellow atomique brooch  |  The Crave Yard
Nana Black Heels  |  Bait Footwear

Fun fact:  Since this is called the "Monica Dress" I kept singing "Mambo No. 5" by Lou Bega, "a little bit of Monica in my life".  And I did need a little bit of Monica in my life, because I'm thrilled with this dress.  I've considered wearing it for the bachelorette party, because it's a good mix of sexy, retro and sassy.  This print is absolutely amazing, because y'all know we love nothing more than a good novelty print.  June actually has the swing style version of this dress, and you can read her thoughts here

Outfit Details
Pearl necklace | Thrifted
VaVa Voluminous Petticoat  |  Modcloth 
Heels | Modcloth (Similar here)

I've been braving wiggle/shift/sheath dresses a lot more lately, and it makes me feel like I've discovered a whole new world *cue Disney songs*.  It definitely makes me channel the more 'sexy' style from the 1950s that I'm just now getting comfortable wearing.  Now that I'm wearing tighter dresses I feel like I should invest in some shape wear, what are your favorite shape wear pieces? 

I've found with a lot of Voodoo Vixens dresses that I don't wear many accessories, because the dresses have amazing prints and intricate necklines.  Both the Bonnie and the Monica have interesting necklines, which means that I don't have to 'dress' them up much.

Stay tuned, because June showcases her inner vixen tomorrow! 

Do you own anything from Voodoo Vixen?  If so, post pictures!

21 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that Bonnie dress, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the confidence to wear wiggle dresses!! :( You should toally wear that cute dress to Amandas bachelorette. Love love love the Bonnie dress! I wish I was coming with your ladies to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!! Arghhhhhh its getting so close to the wedding now!!

    Lulu xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bonnie dress is Tardis-esque! Maybe it's because of the blue. I vote for you wearing both dresses for the bachelorette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the necklines on both of those, particularly the tie detail on the Monica. The Bonnie dress is super striking, though - I love that shade of blue with your coloring.
    I don't wear a lot of shapewear in the summer (sweat, ewwww), but I have a Rago girdle that I love in the cooler months. It's the 1294, and it's great for smoothing out a little bit of tummy and thighs. I was really amazed the first time that I wore it - it made my tighter pencil skirts and dresses fit so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That teal color looks perfect on you (and the shade of your hair right now is BANGIN'), and I almost gasped when I saw how pretty that Bonnie dress is on you!! Absolutely gorgeous. I agree with you that Voodoo Vixen dresses already make such a beautiful statement that they don't need a lot of accessorizing. I'm pretty much a Spanx girl when it comes to shapewear (and I wear it a LOT), but I should venture into the pin-up shapewear arena at some point...

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so so so cute. I love that first dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Rago girdle that I like, but I really love What Katie Did's shape wear! I have the glamor corselette, which I like a lot. They other things I have bought from them are very good quality as well. I'd love to get one of their bras someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that second dress! So adorable. You girls have fun at Disney! We spent Halloween in Disneyland last year, and there is nothing like the way they do things there. :) I have a question about layering undergarments. I've been reading your posts to catch up on all things petticoats and corsets and bras. Here's what I'm wondering. When I layer under a circle skirt and top, is it bra, tank, waist cincher, then petticoat? And under a shirt dress that is pretty sheer...bra, tank, waist cincher, slip? And what if I wear hose and a garter? LOL. This could get complicated. Also, what is your fav bra, and do you wear an underwire? I need one...I know, TMI, but I do. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dresses are adorable - and can I just say Voodoo Vixen are bringing out a capsule collection in PLUS SIZES imminently! One of the dresses is in that teal cocktail print - and three are in the same style as the second dress you are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. some of the plus size collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The plus size teal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously gorgeous dresses!!! I'm a huge fan of VV's offerings, too, and adore how their fabrics hug one's curves in the most flattering, vintage appropriate kind of way.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pockets of the blue dress! Super fun and cute! :) I love how you wear your curls too! They always look so soft and beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're the best Sammi! I tried to go blonde, but I couldn't stay away from being red! I love both those shades so much, they compliment so many skin tones. I definitely need to invest into something! Spanx will at least hold some of my hips in. aha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. The necklines are seriously what made me pick each dress. I am a sucker for those details. Thank you so much, I love that shade of blue!


    Thank you for answering that! I've heard a lot about their girdles, but I was still unsure. The only area that I need 'tamed' is my giant hips..they're out of control. haha


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES!! Anything that can make me seem like the TARDIS is an instant win! Allons-y!


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl you should! You're goregeussssss. I wish you were coming too. We would have so much fun together! I'll just close my eyes and pretend that you are there!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't it amazing!? Such a lovely dress.


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so beautiful! I love the turquoise and blue.. looks great with your hair!

    I have read some good reviews on shapewear from Orchard Corset!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow that blue dress is stunning. The colour looks amazing on you, so nice and deep, and I love the neckline!
    You should def keep wearing wiggle dresses but I've never worn shape wear with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You really look great in the wiggle dresses though!

    ReplyDelete