eShakti: Red + Green + Everything in Between

Saturday, August 2, 2014

At some point, we're sure everyone has been frustrated over trying to find clothes that fit properly. We've both struggled with this especially because of our hourglass measurements, and our heights. Few things are as frustrating as finding a dress that you love and ending up swimming in the waist, ending up with bread loaf boobs or laughing as your "tea length" dress brushes the floor or your "mini" dress becomes microscopic and barely hides your panties. Whomp whomp.

eShakti remedies those problems! They offer a reasonably large selection of designs (skirts, dresses, tops, etc.) which you can purchase by "numerical size" or customize.  Customizations include measurements (bust, waist, length, shoulders, you name it!), a variety of necklines, skirt lengths and a variety of sleeve lengths (or lack thereof)!  The company's size range is from 0-36 and they also ask for your height with each order, which for us is amazing since we are at opposite ends of the height spectrum. 


Outfit Details:
Pearl Necklace  |  Thrifted
Scalloped Sheath Dress c/o eShakti
Bug Brooch  |  Gift from June 
Heels  |  Modcloth (Similar Here and Here


 I’ve been slowly trying to be more adventurous with my outfits instead of sticking to my usual circle skirt and top. When I was looking through eShakti’s products I was drawn to this dress, because it reminded me of Joan from Mad Men. I mean--the gal rocks A LOT of green sheath dresses. So although I definitely don’t look like Christina Hendricks it felt great wearing something that channels my inner sexy secretary.  I really love how the scalloped details add a cute touch to the wrap style dress. My only complaint is the placement of the pockets make my wide hips look even wider, but I suppose that is a fair trade...because pockets are amazing.


Outfit Details:
Fortune Cookie Necklace  |  Thrifted
VaVa Voluminous Petticoat  |  Modcloth 
Striped Ballet Flats  |  Forever 21 (similar)
Hat  |  Thrifted
Gingham + Cherries Bag  |  Betsey Johnson

I was a little intimidated by the vast amount of styles when we were approached by eShakti because for the most part, if there was something I didn't like about a dress, I could simply change it.  That made the decision-making process a lot more difficult.  I finally chose the Red Poplin Valerie Dress because my closet has a distinct lack of red and it just looked so comfy.  While Amelia chose not to provide super specific measurements, I went all out and fully customized my dress and changed the sleeves and input all my measurements. 

I will admit, I tried the dress on and was surprised to find that my boobs felt a little squished and after checking the measurements I provided to the company (36 inches) and comparing them with the number on my handy dandy tape measure, I noticed I was missing about an inch in the bust.  Everything else however, was perfect!  I loved the quality of the fabric, the pockets and the sleeves I chose.  I was nervous that their idea of a "full flared skirt" wouldn't quite be our big-ass-petticoat-lovin' idea of a full skirt, but it accommodated a petticoat perfectly!


For the cost, the ability to input your own measurements and the customization options like the skirt, neckline and sleeves, we didn't find the little bust measurement mix-up to be a deterrent from us ordering from eShakti in the future and we were incredibly excited about our dresses!

Have you ever ordered from eShakti?
Have you ever customized your own dress?


26 comments:

  1. Oooh. I looove that green wiggle dress, and the red is such a great color (and definitely doesn't LOOK too small)!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ordered from eShakti 3 times; 2 dresses and 1 skirt. No customization, but I enjoy all the pieces. The only issue I've had is I needed to massively hem a dress because it hit me in a bad place. Looking darling ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great choices. Ive looked at eShakti a few times and want to order from them in the future just haven't quite yet but Ive admired their pieces. That dress is definitely Joan Holloway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer @ grimmricksenAugust 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM

    You both look great! I actually counted the other day and I own over 25 pieces from eshakti (the husband says I have a "problem"). I'm lucky that as long as it's free at the hips, I can order a standard size, however, I've customized quite a few pieces with great results as well. I think one of my favorite things about eshakti is that they add new pieces a few times a week and always have deals going. It can get a bit addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer @ grimmricksenAugust 2, 2014 at 5:47 PM

    I will also say, unless you feel like you have a fair bit of room that you could do without, do not put their dresses in the dryer. Most of my dresses from eshakti have to be air dried and ironed out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both look amazing! I especially love June's red dress; it's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joan, how do you get such awesome volume in your hair, even when it's straight? I'm jealous! By the way, these dresses are super cute! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys look fabulous. I especially love the shape of the green dress on Amelia, you do look like Joan's younger sister or something.
    I've never actually ordered from eShakti, although I do have a dress from them that I got at a clothing swap. I've definitely considered purchasing my own dress from them, though - some of the dresses are really cute, and I love that they can customize for you. I've got a very long torso, so finding pieces actually hit me at the smallest part of my waist can be kind of tough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the scallops on your dress, Amelia, plus the bug brooch is too cute! The green is a fab colour with your hair as well ^___^

    I'm the opposite to you, June, I have *so many* red dresses; there's just something about that colour which makes everything seem just a little bit better in my eyes ^___^ Your dress is just lovely, and I really like the sleeves you chose to add.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could buy dresses from eshakti but they won't send anything to Europe...too bad for me because I've been dreaming of their red dress with the blue birds on it for months! Too bad for me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You both look absolutely lovely in those dresses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenni,
    I know that Amazon.com offers Eshakti dresses, have you maybe tried ordering from that site? I also know that they offer height options in the sizes you are able to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha that green wiggle though! I wanted one too but I thought it might be a little TOO much to style the same dress lol. Also, thank you! I was worried it would look too small but I was happy to see that it didn't after I looked back at the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You tease the ever-loving shit out of the underside and then use a soft-bristled teasing brush to smooth over the top layer and pin with bobby pins! xoxo Here's a post we did about it:

    http://junebugsandgeorgiapeaches.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-bigger-beehive-better-tutorial-by.html


    Hope this helps! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. RIGHT?! I immediately told her I couldn't believe the similarity, it's crazy! I want one of those dresses so badly now!

    I love that their site is such a mixture of different styles, sort of like they have something to offer everyone! I will definitely be adding an inch in the bust to all my future orders from their just out of abundance of caution, but you should try their customization option! I bet you'd love it, I had a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got that bug brooch on Etsy to put in Amelia's stocking last December... it was from the SWEETEST little lady!


    I THOUGHT I had so many red dresses! I have no idea where they all went! haha. And thank you! I love sleeves because I've noticed on days when my whole arm tattoo is showing... people tend to ask more questions about it... sometimes I need a day off lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, well hopefully @Andrea Portera pointed you in the right direction! You'll have to let me know if they ship to Europe though Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha funny enough like two days after I commented on this eShakti contacted me about styling and featuring a piece of their clothing on my blog! So excited to pick something out and do a post about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been wanting to try eshakti because of my similar problems to June... Big boobs and only 4'11! (Life is so unfair! 😉) I'm off to peruse their shop now...
    ~xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both dresses! This gives me such inspiration to finally get something from them. My favorite part is that you can customize things but I understand the overwhelming part! I work in an office and have to cover my tattoos, so making a dress come with 3/4 sleeves to accommodate that is a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These colors both look so great on you two!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did you end up finding anything?! I actually am probably going to get rid of this particular dress because of the bust issue but I'll be ordering another to replace it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know, I work in an office where I have to do the EXACT same thing and I usually wear a cardigan or blazer over things but come to thing of it, this would be a GREAT brand to utilize for wok clothes, SUCH a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Did you know that you can shorten your long links with Shortest and make cash from every visitor to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete