Sno-Cap Drive-in + Harlequin

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Last weekend was incredibly busy for us, June drove to Georgia for a visit and among other things, we were asked to announce a pinup contest!  We were especially excited because it seemed like a lot of fun, we're both extroverts and it was something out of the norm for us.


To make a long story short, our chaotic morning included insane humidity, June leaving her petticoat in Nashville (we rented one from one of our favorite vintage shops, Vintage Ooolle) and a person shouting "where are you purses" at us which was truly horrifying (we then proceeded to run and he cut us off around a corner but not before we luckily made it into the car.)

We managed to get everything on our pre-event to do list completed and appeared at the event to be told "the turnout was bad and they'd proceeded on with the announcements."  We can definitely sympathize, but do wish we'd been contacted (the announcements were done 3 hours prior to our arrival).  Since we were already dressed up with nowhere to go (it was like some bad high school prom movie), we decided we'd head to one of our favorite places, Sno-Cap Drive In.

via
via
via

While we dress very similar, we've never walked around matching before.  We did it so people could pick us out of the crowd at the event (we sort of felt like pinup versions of the twins from The Shining), but if it HAD to be something, we're glad it was our favorite Harlequin Print Jenny items from Pinup Girl Clothing.  It was PRIDE weekend in Augusta as well, so everyone in the downtown area was dressed up or dressed crazy, we surprisingly (sort of) blended in!


How was your first weekend of summer?  What did you do for the 4th of July?!

23 comments:

  1. Aww you two look soooo cute! The harlequin print is one of my favourite prints, ever- and especially in that colour scheme.
    Ugh that sucks about that crazy guy screaming at you and following you!!! Glad that you got away from him quickly.
    And you definitely should've been contacted ahead of time about the event!!

    ~Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really stinks that the event was a total bust... but at least you guys looked adorable! This drive-in is toooo cute. <3

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh ya'll looked so cute! That does suck about the event, it's definitely a letdown that not only they went ahead, but didn't contact you. Hopefully it will open more doors for similar opportunities in the future though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. Miss June popped up on my Pinterest feed today in that skater dress from the Modcloth style gallery (I think). Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking seriously fabulous, ladies!!! I've been swooning over the purple version of that harlequin print for quite a while now. All the colour combos are awesome though for sure and you two really make this one sing something fierce.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, so was that guy trying to rob you? That's so scary! I'm glad you guys are ok, though. We get our share of crazies here in Chicago, but luckily I've never had to deal with that.
    Too bad about your event being cancelled, but you both look absolutely fabulous! I do really love that print, it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this place! Could you both maybe do one on places to go or things to see that are retro or unusual like this? I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys look adorable even if the event didn't work out! Glad your day worked out ok despite the scary guy!!! EEEK!
    ~xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Bristol! I love harlequin, but I think this is my hands down favorite colorway!

    And so am i! It was seriously so scary, I can't imagine how pale we were when he started approaching us... we LITERALLY ran.

    I'm glad you agree, I understand being busy, but it was still a complete bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! I agree and I hope the same, I would love to be invited to pop up places more often, mainly because I just love meeting new people!


    And oh! Really?! That's so flattering, i still don't get on Pinterest much, maybe Is should hop on there more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much, Jessica! I LOVE the purple one, it's actually the only one I don't own a piece in, I'd love to own a shirt in that colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I THINK SO, he got a bit closer once we were basically in the car and tried to pull the "I just want a drink" card but we'd already heard him make that comment. I think Nashville has one of the biggest populations of crazies but I've never had to deal with that either... especially in small-town Augusta... so weir!


    And thank you so much! It's my favorite print. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  13. We usually try to link back to interesting places when we adventure there (we prefer going together as opposed to separately.) But if you check out the Traveling Junebugs tag on the blog, we try to link things when we go somewhere fun. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, ma'am! After some minor irritation and a couple of cherry limeades, we got over it! We don't see each other enough to be pouty when we're together! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much, we turned it around, we don't see each other enough to be pouty haha (even with the super scary dude).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Sammi, we were pretty bummed but, small town and all, I can't say I was all that surprised. And I know! We got super lucky that there are places that are still un-explored in Augusta! haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Victoria AndersonJuly 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM

    For the fourth of July a couple of my really good friends who just moved to the island I live on, dressed in matching patio dresses with me. Two were red with silver ricrac and the other was blue and white with red ricrac- perfect for the fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you both look ready to go to a sock-hop and everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thats such a bummer about the event and I totally think rude that they didnt contact you! At least you both got to hang out and go to a favorite place. I also think its adorable that you two matched.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my god, that sounds absolutely adorable! If you have photos, feel free to upload one or link me, this sounds too good to be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Exactly! We were pretty irritated about it until we got some cherry limeade... which of course... fixes all problems. haha. I sort of felt like a pinup version of the twins from The Shining... but I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete