My Wizarding Weekend: From London to Diagon Alley

Monday, July 14, 2014

I've been talking about my trip to Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Orlando for months now so if you don't care about Harry Potter or The Wizard World of Harry Potter I'm sorry, and I promise this will be the end of my Harry Potter spam for a while now (until June's Bachelorette Party).

If you do want to know about Diagon Alley and don't mind reading "spoilers" then you're in the right place!  I could write books about my trip so I'll keep it simple and show y'all some pictures!  I wish I could post all of my pictures, but that would be the longest blog post ever.  EVER.


Before you arrive in Diagon Alley you go through London..of course!  There are so many cool things to see here including:  Number 12 Grimmauld Place and Kreacher who peeks out the window every few minutes, the Knight Bus and you can even call the Ministry of Magic in the phone booth, just dial M-A-G-I-C!  After your time in London you can go from King's Cross Station to Hogsmeade or head on to Diagon Alley. 


There are so many things to see in Diagon Alley that it's almost impossible to process everything.  I love the scenery and architecture of the buildings more than anything else in Diagon Alley, including the food and the Escape From Gringotts ride, because I've been picturing these things for so long.  Two shops that were must sees for me were Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour.  Butterbeer ice cream is what dreams are made of--it's seriously amazing. 


The only ride in Diagon Alley is Escape from Gringrotts, which is a total experience.  You'll notice the giant dragon on top of Gringotts and it breathes fire every couple minutes, which is completely insane to see!  They seriously could not have themed this park any better it's amazing, and if you ever get a chance to go DO!  You won't be disappointed. 


For all you evil witches and wizards out there if none of this interests you, you can also visit Knockturn Alley, although it is a bit dodgy.  

Are you a Harry Potter fan?  
Do you plan on going to Diagon Alley?

16 comments:

  1. I just went last week (on Monday before the official opening) and was completely and utterly blown away. Butterbeer ice cream is amazing! And the details to everything are just perfect. Sadly, I didn't get to ride Gringotts because it wasn't open yet, but I'll be back soon! I was just so happy to have a few hours to explore all the nooks and crannies of Diagon Alley. Glad you had a great weekend there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I missed seeing Diagon Alley by, like, 3 weeks or something but it was fun to see pieces of London while waiting in line at KrustyLand! It just gives me another reason to go back (and butterbeer ice cream, of course!) :) Glad you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I would love to go, so jealous!

    Hayley

    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched a TV special on the making of this park. It looks amazing and so detailed. I think the dragon on top of Gringott's is my favorite part. I can't wait for them to finish building the park in California so that I can visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silver Cat Tea PartyJuly 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM

    Hoping to go the end of this year! :D So exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaahhhh this is amaaazziinnggg!!! I'm hoping they include Diagon when they build the park in CA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, I watched the making of this and sobbed the entire time. I don't know how I'll survive the actual theme park.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Victoria AndersonJuly 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM

    This place looks great! I'll have to wait for the California one though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was at Disneyworld for a week last month and couldn't convince my boyfriend's family to go to Universal, even for just an afternoon!!! It was total torture knowing that we were so close and yet SO FAR AWAY! Don't get me wrong WDW is a magical place, but just not the same kind of magic!!!


    I guess I will just have to be a patient girl and wait for them to open up at the Universal Studios here in LA.


    Thank you for posting such lovely pictures and bringing butterbeer ice cream to my attention! Please please please spam IG with more photos from this wonderful trip!


    Have a magical Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pish posh, no such thing as too much Harry Potter! I am definitely living vicariously through your blog entry right now & finding myself not being able to stop admiring these exquisite photos. I've already declared to my husband that this is on my bucket list. The only real problem I'm having is that I will not be able to eat any of that butterbeer ice cream(stupid lactose intolerance!). Hopefully you will somehow be swayed to share more pictures of your adventure with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This opened on my birthday and I was seriously tempted to leave my muggle family and book an airplane ticket. I am so jealous! Harry potter is my favorite. In fact, yesterday my husband was outside and it took me awhile to get out there with him. When he asked where I had been, I simply said, "I had to finish my Harry Potter movie." And he understood.

    I love the outfit you chose to wear. That ride sounds amazing! I think I might have to book our family trip there next year. But was it crowded?

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be going 10/21 and I'm beyond excited. So so so excited for it! Your pictures are making the wait even harder. It looks so good!

    PS- have you checked out the new Harry Potter short story that JK Rowling released on pottermore.com?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have actually visited the Universal Studios in London. And oh my I loved it! All the stuff from the movies! It was great. Since those are the actual props from the movies, you can't go in any stores on Diagon Alley :/ But still worth the visit. Got to see Snapes classroom and sit on Hagrids motorcycle :) Aragog hanging on the ceiling over my head was not fun, though :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been and I loved it! We went at Christmas when they had the magical tree up and when you stepped outside into Privet Drive it started snowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. AHhh Diagon Alley looks amazing!!

    I want to go so bad, but I have an actual fear that when I finally go here, my extreme joy will cause me to fall into a psychotic episode in which I think that I *am* in the Harry Potter universe (because it is real), and that I will have to be dragged out while kicking and screaming that I am a witch and threatening to stupefy people :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. i am going a week from today and i CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete