June's Tennessee Pre-Wedding Celebration!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I haven't shared much of my wedding planning thus far (what has been shared can be found here), but now that September 27th is fast-approaching, you'll probably be seeing a bit more of it.  Most of mine + Collin's family and friends are spread out in Tennessee and Georgia.  We're Augusta, GA natives but I grew up in Franklin, TN and we currently reside in Nashville.  Because we're getting married in Georgia, my family decided to throw a little pre-wedding celebration in Tennessee at Grandma's House for those who couldn't travel.


 I knew Amelia + Michael would be coming but Amelia kept her FIRST SURPRISE EVER and our friends Jess + Nathan from Illinois showed up Friday night and I almost had a heart attack on my front porch (Jess had been saying they weren't going to be able to come.... very sneaky!)  These are as many photos as my mom, Amelia, our friend Jess and I were able to snap.  Collin's friend Ryan is a pro and we were lucky enough to have him hanging out, camera in-hand, but I couldn't wait to share what we had.


As I mentioned before, I grew up in Franklin, my dad grew up in Franklin, my grandparents are from Franklin, SO when my grandma started planning she knew the perfect people for each job.  So many family members + friends participated in assembling our little party and whether they helped cook, gathered/arranged the flowers from people's gardens or whether they simply showed up to congratulate us, we were totally overwhelmed by how many people were there to celebrate with us (Collins family drove the 6 hours from Georgia to be there with us for THE DAY, they drove back when the party ended.)


After a week of cool weather, the Southern climate once again having a mind of its own, decided to gift us with one of THE most humid weekends so far this summer, I think our Georgia friends must've brought it with them (even after hairspray'ing the ever-loving shit out of our hair, none of us were able to keep curls in longer than an hour.)

My dress was from the late 1950's, champagne-colored pink lace with a satin cummerbund (doesn't that sound weird when it's applied to ladies clothing?) and it had a deep V in the back with a satin bow, but sadly, none of us remembered to snap a photo of the back of the dress.  I found it for $40 here in Nashville at Logue's Black Raven Emporium.  I was going to save these shoes (Vivienne Westwood Cherry Lady Dragon Heels) for the wedding, but they ended up being literally the only shoes that matched this shade of pink, so I went with it (I was more than happy to break them out early!)


After such a crazy weekend, I feel like I need to hibernate but I already miss Jess and Amelia and can't wait for my bachelortte party to WIZARDING WORLD which is in TWO WEEKS!!!!!! I've frantically trying to pick up last-minute dresses to bring with me!

// Also, it looks like I'm back to square one on my wedding shoe search! Any recommendations (that aren't something you've seen Amelia or I wear?  I'm hoping I can find somewhere I never thought to look!

24 comments:

  1. OMG, you guys!! What a lovely party and June your dress and shoes are so pretty!! I think another pair of Melissa shoes for the wedding would be great. My blogging friend Roisin wore a pair of them for her wedding. They have ice cream cones in the back!!

    http://dollyclackett.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/if-you-walk-briskly-in-pilots-uniform.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is this lovely British shoe brand called 'Ruby Shoo' that you might like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TUK shoes! They are so comfy and cute. I wore a blue polka dot pair for my wedding last summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah ^ those shoes are Delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and June those shoes are the cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pre-wedding celebration? Is this a southern thing? O____O


    I always recommend Irregular Choice for people picking out wedding shoes. They probably aren't your cup of tea but they are sure fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That invitation is so perfect for you guys. Also its so sweet that all your family and friends put in so much effort to make it to your party! I love the dress, I honestly didnt think it was vintage at first because it looks like it could have been bought the other day. I guess that can be the cool thing about vintage is that sometimes it is so timeless and then other times its awesome to look like you stepped straight out of the 50's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't remember if anyone said T.U.K. on instagram the other day. I don't think a lot of their shoes are your style, but there is enough to look at that it might be worth picking through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. bridal shower/engagement party/etc. I'm in Canada and we usually do a couples shower a couple of months before the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously LOVE seeing all these posts - this is something that doesn't happen in Australia (or at least I've never heard of it), and it's so sweet.

    Amanda, your dress is stunning and you look gorgeous! And I love that Katie surprised you - you all look so happy and beautiful in these photos, you can't even tell you're dying from the heat!
    Amanda - have you looked at/heard of Alannah Hill? She's an Australian designer similar to Betsey Johnson, and she does shoes sometimes... maybe look on ebay to see if there's something you like? It might be a brand you haven't heard of/seen yet?
    I'm looking forward to more of these sweet posts... and Katie you just made my morning my 'liking' a couple of my photos on instagram :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! I've looked at a million pairs of her shoes but I just can't find any I like as much as these. I think I'm going to have to switch brands for the wedding, unfortunately, I'm having decision issues!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well thank you, I absolutely love them! I was so happy to have hunted them down on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have to look that one up, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, I'm not a very big TUK fan, not quite my style. They're adorable though, I definitely owned a pair in high school haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, I think I mentioned it above, half our family is here in Tennessee and half is in Nashville... a lot of our more elderly family/family friends won't be able to travel and attend the wedding, so this was our couple's shower. We just didn't want to call it a shower because it was so casual and gifts weren't necessary.


    And thank you, they're not really my style but every once and a while I see a cute pair haha. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes ma'am, you got it! It was basically a couple's shower without the necessity of gifts haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hunted down the designer through a wedding blog and I almost died, it's a couple and they're so talented!


    And I agree, I was totally floored by the amount of effort they put in! I was so excited when I found that dress.... $40 was such a good deal, I love stumbling across great vintage finds and I agree, a lot of the pieces can be super timeless, I feel that to be true a lot of the time with vintage-lace pieces! Always so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so hard to describe what I'm looking for, something that is a bit "loud and busy" but still classy.... I feel like I'm on a wild goose chase haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it's nontraditional anywhere, it's basically a couple's shower without the requirement of gifts haha.


    And thank you, I was so happy when I stumbled across it, especially for so cheap! I was happy for the surprise too, seeing Nathan + Jess was the best gift ever.


    I haven't heard of her! I'll have to look her up, thank you for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I guess here we don't even have couple's showers, so even that is interesting! It's more so engagement party / hen's & buck's nights / wedding... I've seen a few shower parties from the states, and kitchen teas from the UK, but it hasn't really caught on down here :) Plus the whole thing is super sweet, those views and the buildings! Just not what we see here, so it's super exciting to see. Your dress is an adorable bargain, it's so sweet. & you're welcome :) I hope you find your perfect shoe! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I could wear anything higher than a 1 3/4" heel, I'd be all over those gorgeous cherry shoes!!

    June - what about BAIT shoes? Don't tell me you are forsaking your favourite brand? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You guys are soooo cute! I love both of your style.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My wedding shoes are from BAIT and I love them! I've only been wearing them for our dance lessons, but they're comfy and reasonably priced. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmmmm...Miss L. Fire? Or another style from Melissa? I love the heart ones http://www.melshoes.com/shop/raspberry-heart-2-pearl-contrast.html

    (I can't wear heels so I'm enjoying yours! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete