Friday Favorites #21

Friday, July 4, 2014

June and I had a great time together last weekend, and I have another busy weekend ahead of me!  I'll be spending my Fourth of July weekend celebrating my Michael's (my hubby) birthday and, of course, America! ;)

I feel like whenever I'm trying to not spend a lot of money on clothing there are always amazing sales!  Of course, as fate would have it Modcloth recently posted that they were having a 50% off sale.  I've done my best and not succumbed to temptation, but it did give me a good reason to spend plenty of time drooling over their items.

modcloth sale


I'm a sucker for dresses that have matching belts, especially when the dress and belt feature a pattern. The Amidst the Masters Dress by Emily and Fin is the perfect casual lounge dress.  Something about Summer makes me want to wear more 60s inspired dresses, which I'm sure is a direct side-effect of this miserable Georgia heat and humidity.  This Mademoiselle YeYe dress, appropriately named Splendid, My Darling, has some of my favorite features in a dress, including a peter pan collar and adorable decorative buttons.  This Spontaneous Celebration Dress by Moon Collection has the cutest floral print that I'm absolutely in love with!  It's definitely a lot shorter than I'm used too, but I'm such a sucker for a good floral. 

swedish hasbeens

one | two

I will be the first to admit that I'm not a 'shoe girl', and I really don't know why!  I love shoe shopping, and I love the idea of having shoes in a rainbow of colors, but it's just something I never invest into.  That may change soon though, because I am obsessed with Swedish Hasbeens!  I tried some on when I was in California, and I was absolutely in love with the 70s vibe they put off.  These are my two favorite styles.  I'm a sucker for the heart detail, and I love how natural and sunny the yellow pair are! 

PUG


June and I are both absolute obsessed with Disney, and we even have BFF Disney princess keychains (she has Snow White and I have Ariel).  My love for Disney and circle skirts come together in full force in the amazing Disney-inspired Fairytale Fantasy collection by Pinup Girl Clothing!  The Jenny Skirt comes in many amazing colors and prints, but I don't think any are greater than the Snow White Print and the Pink (also comes in blue) Castle Print

Speaking about our obsession with Disney!  Recently, we've gotten to know Miss Mae La Roux, and we are both so amazed by her talent!  She has the ability to bring our favorite Disney characters to life--seriously her colors are fantastic.  I'm definitely inspired by her hard-work and talent, and these are just a few of my favorite tattoos that she has done (she doesn't just do Disney tattoos, but I'm partial to Disney anything).  That Disney leg sleeve is seriously what dreams are made of.  To see some more of her work make sure to check out her Instagram and Facebook! You also met her a couple of weeks ago dressed as Cinderella (here).




I know, I know I keep talking about the new Diagon Alley expansion at Universal Studios Orlando, but I'm too excited to not!  Michael and I are going next weekend for his birthday, which means I spend a lot of free time looking at all of the new fun things.  Some of my favorite things to buy at the park are trading pins, and this is my new favorite! It's limited edition so I hope I can snag one, but oh my gosh I'm so excited about this pin!  I cannot wait to explore Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes and see all the jokes that it has to offer.  I know you'll be sick of hearing about it, but I'm sure I'll have pictures and updates to share!

What are some of your favorite things this week? 

13 comments:

  1. I don't have any Swedish Hasbeens. But, those two pairs are so darn cute! The heart detail is just lovely. I can definitely see you rocking those Fairytale Fantasy skirts! Do you think you'll be getting at least one?

    ~Bristol
    colourmebristol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Swedish Hasbeens, but I can never justify spending that much on shoes! Those dresses at the top are adorable, also. I really love the Fairytale Fantasy skirts and dresses, but I was hesitant to get a dress because the fit looked sort of weird on most of the models (and I simply don't wear skirts enough to purchase one).


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie Wanda EspyJuly 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM

    Are the Swedish Hasbeens comfortable? I am always looking for shoes that can be worn all day to an amusement park, which is a tall order! And NO, we will never be sick of hearing about the Wizarding World - in fact, I'm expecting a full report so I can plan my trip this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruella-Maria MatsonJuly 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM

    I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and visited Harry Potter world a few weeks ago. My 14 year old daughter was picked in Ollivanders and had the ceremonial wand choosing. She was trying to be all whatever but she was so excited and I may have cried a little. I live in Texas now so can't wait for my next road trip to visit Diagon Alley. Until then I'm relying on you to give me my fix with ALL the info and photos and stuffs. And I want all the deets on the butterbeer ice cream :) my husband (slytherin), daughter (ravenclaw) and I (hufflepuff) are a tad obsessed with all things HP. Silly question but have you two been on JK Rowlings POTTERMORE? I'd love to hear where the sorting hat put you two. And wands! I wish I could buy mine. 13", Cherrywood and Unicorn hair. *Sigh* back to real life. Hope you and your husband have a magical trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I love it. Ravenclaw seems a good fit for two smart sassy lassies like you two. I love Pottermore, it keeps the story alive. I didn't want to be a Hufflepuff BUT it is a good fit. I'm looking forward to hearing about more of yours and Amelia's adventures in HP world in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently got the Amidst the Masters Dress and I can confirm that it's perfect! Very comfy and adorable!! I'm going to visit Diagon Alley in September--I cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those red SH's with the heart cut outs on the vamps are sensational. I have heard to fit feet (they don't look it, but they are, thanks in no small part to oddly high arches), so I rarely buy shoes online (too many failed experiments there), let alone pricey ones like SH's offerings, but gosh, I'm tempted something fierce. If only I could try some of theirs on in person first, like you did, to gauge if they'd work for me. SH needs to get more Canadian distributors!!! :

    Hope you're having a fabulous weekend, lovely ladies!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I definitely know what you mean! Online shopping for clothing is hard, but online shopping for shoes is basically impossible! I'm really wanting those red ones so badly, but it's so hard to take the plunge and buy pricey shoes.


    xox
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you look adorable in it! I'm so excited to go to Diagon Alley--all of the pictures I've seen are killing me!


    xox
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  10. June beat me to the punch, but yes we are both Ravenclaws! I cried when I was sorted, because I was so worried I wouldn't be put into Ravenclaw even though I knew I was one! She's so lucky to have been picked! Ollivanders is such an amazing experience! Michael actually proposed to me in Ollivanders so I especially love it! Also, I'll make sure to include a lot of details just for you!! <3


    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I wore them at the shoot they were extremely comfortable! Finding the perfect amusement park shoe is such a hard challenge! I'm still looking, and I think I may buy some keds, because my feet always hate me after I go to the park for a few days!


    I'll make sure to include plenty of details! Also, going in the fall is so great, because the weather is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know! I hate that they are so expensive, because they are so cute!! I'm making myself buy more skirts, because I have so many dresses compared to skirts!


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really hoping to get at least one! I also really want that lovely orange print so we will see what I end up with!


    xox

    ReplyDelete