Spotlight Saturday: Junebugs go Wild for Erstwilder!

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Hello, Wild Things!

This week for Spotlight Saturday we partnered with Erstwilder!  We first came across these brooches because they're worn by all the amazingly stylish ladies over at Your One Stop Pinup Shop!  After doing a bit of research, we stumbled across the brand and knew we had to sample some of these incredibly unique pieces for ourselves!

These little delightfully companionable pieces are designed by Louisa Camille and are quirky resin adornments to keep your days dandy! They're all limited edition + collectable so you can build up quite a zoo of these adorable adornments.  Even the packaging is amazing!  Did you guys see those little teapot hang tags?!  We want to mention that the Erstwilder website doesn't actually carry the brooches and that they are, instead, sold through stockists (here is a list of the stockists).  Each stockist sells different collections/Erstwilder pieces one of our blog affiliates, Your One Stop Pinup Shop, is one of those stockists!    You can also find them on eBay.


Who are we wearing?

June is wearing the Flamboyant Flamingo Funk Brooch.  I'd been looking for the perfect flamingo brooch for SO LONG and when I saw a few of the ladies on my Instagram wearing this one, I fell in love.  It's the perfect size and I love how the beak isn't colored, because that means I can wear it more frequently and it makes the piece a bit more versatile.  I went with the obvious choice and picked a skirt almost the exact same color as the brooch, but that's because I felt like I was about to go hang out with the rest of the Pink Ladies and meet Danny and the T-Birds at the drive-in



Amelia is rocking Fletcher the Fetching Fox Brooch.  I don't know about you foxy ladies, but man oh man I'm a sucker for a fox print, and the only thing better than a fox print is a fox brooch!  I love this little guy, and I paired it with one of my favorite vintage tops.  The top makes me feel like I should work at a candy store or perhaps sell ice cream!  Fletcher matches the yellow/pink/orange color palette pop, and he doubles as a guard fox.  He's a pretty big fox, a little over 2 inches wide, which makes him a perfect statement piece.  Another reason why I love him is that while I wore him, I couldn't help but think of the movie You've Got Mail when the little boy spells his last name, F-O-X



June is wearing Paige the Prancing Poodle Brooch Bounjour, elle s'appelle Paige!  Elle est mignonne!  This is the most I've used my 7+ years of french classes (it was one of my college minors) since college, it pains me to say it, but it goes rather unused!  Anyways, Miss Paige Poodle is a bit larger than the brooches I typically wear, and I was a bit intimidated with the size at first, but I found that it looks quite lovely on, and I think it pairs nicely with this solid colored top and Parisian print Jenny Skirt!  As you saw about, this little pooch has a houndstooth print (is that an intentional pun, I wonder?  If so, clever girl!)

Amelia is wearing the Bluebird of Happiness Brooch.  There's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out, and he did and now he is a brooch.  Okay, maybe that was a little too corny (even for me), but the literature nerd in me couldn't resist.  This little birdie is amazing for accessorizing, because of it's smaller size and color.  The fact that it's a solid color means I can basically match it with anything!  I wore it with this colorful dress, because I loved the way it looked with a pattern behind it.  I also think this brooch would look adorable with a red sailor styled dress!  This brooch is so versatile, and in the world of novelty brooches that is pretty rare!

Here's a sampling of some of Erstwilder's other adorable wear-ables!  Anything from feathered friends to vintage cars, there is a little quirky pal for everyone, even someone to remind you that you're late for a very important date. ; ) If you're anything like we are, you're staring at that owl thinking OH MY GOD, HEDWIG.... YOU'RE ALIVE.... and that is why everyone needs one.


Erstwilder Post

We hope you have fun pursuing the stockist sites (or even Google) for these lovely pieces.
As your collection grows it becomes apparent that Erstwilder is the perfect addiction for novelty brooch lovers and collectors (doesn't collectors sound much nicer than hoarders? ;)) alike.


Do you own an Erstwilder piece? What does your favorite novelty brooch look like?
(You can upload photos below repro, vintage, DIY,  show us what you've got!)

18 comments:

  1. I adore every accessory and every outfit in this post! So gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I thought the rabbits were dreamy until I saw the red panda <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah those are amazing. My favorite brooches are either kitsch or have pearls going on somewhere! I also have a flamingo brooch but not from Erstwilder. I love the classic car pin and some of those dog pins, especially if she had one in my dog's breed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I work at a museum in Atlanta and our current exhibit is classic concept cars so that vintage car brooch is a must have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erstwilder has some seriously lovely pieces; I have a dachshund wearing a stripey jumper which I just adore ^___^ I want to pick up some of the Australian animals too, it's rare to find Australiana that isn't tacky! (Or at least not the right kind of tacky ~___^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Erstwilder! I have a cute Erstwilder poodle sent to me by a friend in Australia, but glad to know there are stockists I can buy from! Thanks for the links!
    ~xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thank you so much, Louise! They really are fun little pieces to add.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was lurking around trying to decide which pieces to feature on the little board, I kept finding more and more I'd never seen before! There really are so many amazing ones, it was hard to choose what to include. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fiancee lived in Atlanta for quite a while! I bet working at a museum is such an amazing, interesting job! That is the one I was most drawn to as well, love the little car. It comes in pink + teal and I don't know which I love more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually found myself searching my jewelry today for a pearl brooch and don't own one! That is going to be a future investment for me. She actually has quite a lot of breeds of dogs, I bet she'll release more and maybe you'll get lucky!

    My favorite is my little peach brooch, what does your flamingo one look like? : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHHH I love the little Dachshund wearing the sweater! It's just the right amount of kitsch! I agree, when I was browsing through her selection I thought her pieces were just the right amount of fun, without crossing over the line tacky! I think I saw perhaps a wallaby or something I thought was AMAZING haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! We are poddle brooch twins! haha. I found that the stockists all had different collections which was a lot of fun, but eBay had an amazing selection as well, including a lot of the "retired" ones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Miss Louise!


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can't go wrong with kitsch or pearls! I wish I had a dog just so I could get my dogs breed! hah

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds so amazing! I love museums, and now I officially think you have the coolest job ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooo cute! I actually have a magnet with that little guy on it! So adorable! She has a Echidna brooch that I really want! I love the novelty of her Australian animal brooches since, as you mentioned, most are tacky!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopefully I have a pit bull so maybe but I feel like because of the misconceived notions about them that dog things for that breed don't always exist. Ah pearl anything is great so I hope you do find yourself getting a pearl brooch. I actually wore my flamingo brooch in my newest outfit post!

    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/justine928/Blogger/08A5C398-80D9-408C-9592-F36E6FC19231_zps8gx0tzku.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww yeah I know exactly what you mean. There's sweet lady on my instagram that's a really big part of the "Pinups for Pit Bulls" foundation. I mean I've only been bitten by a dog once... and it was a Dalmatian. -_- haha And oh! I absolutely love it, such a sweet little flamingo, perfectly sized!

    ReplyDelete