June's April Outfit Round-Up: Harlequins, Florals + Petticoats!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I am so flattered that my outfit round-up posts have made their way to some of the most viewed on our blog.  That being said, with the end of another month, comes another round-up!  We were lucky to work with some truly amazing partners this month for our Spotlight Saturday and I was also finally able to break out some of my "warm weather" clothes.

My instagram remains to be my primary "fashion forum" but, we're moving some of that this way.  We know our photo quality and photography skills might not be the best, but we're working on it for y'all!  My days have been a bit full lately, law school midterm season is upon us and as many of you know, I also work in a law office, so sometimes all I have time to do is snap a photo in the mirror before I run out the door (usually late and literally running.) 



I was able to convince myself to lay off the bumper bangs a bit in exchange for just pinning my bangs into sort of a twist and adding a flower, fruit clips, etc. (these double roses from Your One Stop Pinup Shop have been amazing.)  I am still having a really hard time styling my bangs and am open for any and all suggestions! Do you ladies have favorite hair tutorials?

Also this month, I  did pretty well motivating myself to wear my corset every day.  Sometimes, the last thing I want to do at 7:30 am is lace-in and I forgo wearing it to work but I feel weird without it now.  Next month, I want to 1) motivate myself into more wiggle dresses and pencil skirts. 2) Amelia rocks the shit out of crop tops and I've thought for a while now that it wouldn't kill me to at least try one... we'll see how that goes.





My favorite outfit this month was probably the 3/4 Sleeve Peek A Boo Top in Black and the High Waisted Thrills Skirt in Olive that I received form Steady Clothing (post here) paired with my Persia Heels in Black from Miss L Fire (post here) and my Andy's Eye Candy fruit clips!  I really loved staple solids this month and need to get better about buying mix and match pieces instead of dresses because they are so important and can really help expand your wardrobe.  My hair was also being surprsingly agreeable the day these photos were taken.


What was your favorite April outfit? You can post photos of it below!

11 comments:

  1. Love this feature! My favorite outfit of yours is the pastel floral dress with the green belt and peach brooch! So adorable! My favorite April outfit was

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved staple solids this month and need to get better about buying mix and match pieces instead of dresses because they are so important and can really help expand your wardrobe. My hair was also being surprsingly agreeable the day these photos were taken. http://num.to/9456*4784*7940

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress as well and I need to wear it more : ) OHMYGOD yay! You are one of the first people that has posted a photo and that makes me so excited! You look adorable! That sweater + those shoes + that bag = best combo ever. Great styling <333

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! Haha always happy to be the first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fabulous outfits! I love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of these! It's hard to pick a favorite. What do you co workers at the law office hi I about your wardrobe? I work in a creative field but I still get crazy looks from the suits from time to time. The looks are usually for my purple hair and tattoos. Sometimes I tone down my outfits for work but your outfits make me not want to so that as much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many gorgeous outfits! I can't get over the first one though; that cardigan is amazing and your skirt is so wonderfully puffy! ^___^ I am super bad at taking outfit pictures, I think I need to set up a mirror like you have so I can do them without having to rely on other people!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your oufits! My favorite ones will always be the floral ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wardrobe is utterly droolworthy, so I'm not surprised people love to check out your outfit roundups. I love that yellow skirt in the top row, and the amazing dress that you got from your grandmother. Your instagrams are always a treat.

    This was probably my favorite outfit of the last month. I love this dress so much, and I've been really distressed that I can't find it since I moved last week. Hopefully it turns up, or this might be the last picture I ever get of it. :(
    Cheers,
    Jessica, cakesandcakesvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks amazing in the last photo. As far as hair tutorials, I've been following Cherry Dollface on YouTube. She's got tons of tutorials and they're usually very easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete