Friday Favorites #13

Friday, May 9, 2014

Since the wedding I've been itching to buy new things for the house!  I don't know what it is about marriage, but it has made me want to be a better house-wife.  The only issue with that is that I can't cook or bake so everything is basically for appearance, or better yet lets say it's for motivation!
I can't decide if I want to hang these amazing grammar plates on my wall or make my guests eat pizza off of them.  Can't tell what they say? They offer individual grammar lessons on each one.  Now you won't be able to forget the different between lie and lay!  My inner English nerd, I was an English minor, wants to give these as gifts to everyone (no matter what the holiday!).

The Enameled By You Sugar Bowl is the perfect touch to any kitchen..but only if you're into teeth and irony.  Just imagine how sickly ironic it would be to scoop sugar out of this sugar bowl?  Plus, it's so cute that maybe I'd have a reason to bake and keep sugar around if I had this container.  Not to mention it'll match all of my hand made teeth-themed ceramic pieces that I made!


A friday favorites post wouldn't be complete without the clothing that I have had my eye on!  The Ella Top by Heart of Haute in Green Chemistry is absolutely to die for!  It's currently out of stock, but I'm keep an eye on its return!   The Smart and Snazzy Heel is the perfect balance between business and playful!  The color screams Summer, and the polka dots are a subtle touch.  As per usual, I'm a sucker for any print and the Spark a Connection Dress is definitely not an exception to the rule! The bumper car print makes me want to go to my local arcade and ride bumper cars and play Dance, Dance Revolution. Don't judge. ;)  My style doesn't really change over the seasons, but I am way more likely to buy shorter hem lines, and high heels in the Summer months as opposed to Winter.  

What do you guys think about the new approach to Friday Favorites?
Do you like this better or miss the collages?

13 comments:

  1. I love those plates! For some reason "lie vs. lay" ALWAYS gets me. Also, I have the Spark a Connection Dress!! It's VERY, VERY cute! And I would definitely come play Dance, Dance Revolution with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that bumper car dress! That's so cute! I like this favorites layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those plates are the bees knees and I must have them. I might have to buy several sets to strategically hand them out as gifts to my grammatically challenged friends.
    Cheers!
    Jessica, cakesandcakesvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, those plates are awesome! I'm a total Grammar Police office and I think you should definitely get them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria AndersonMay 9, 2014 at 5:38 PM

    Oo, love the bumper car dress! I'll have to read that lie vs lay plate too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sugar bowl! I personally like this set up better for friday favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can send me those plates any day. I am an English Prof who lives kitsch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica CangianoMay 10, 2014 at 4:29 AM

    That Ella top is slaying me with its science-y awesomeness. Yet more fodder for the million mile long wishlist. :)


    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of the Ella top! Have you tried a HoH top in this cut on before? I'm wondering how it works in terms of the waist to bust ratio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We actually wrote about it here:
    http://junebugsandgeorgiapeaches.blogspot.com/2014/05/designer-spotlight-saturday-heart-of.html


    I think you know my measurements since we've chatted about them before and this is how it looks on me ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Thanks! I should try not to get excited and comment before looking through blogs thoroughly, heh. I got especially excited about this because I really want to start doing more skirt and blouse outfits, but I have had a terrible time finding blouses that work for my shape. I'll be keeping an eye out for more in the rest of your posts. :)



    Now that I am finally getting a few minutes to read through your stuff, I am so in love with your wardrobe (no surprise there). If you ever decide to open an Etsy or Poshmark or something to get rid of stuff you no longer wear, let me know so I can be first in line to check it out?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I fricking love the tooth sugar bowl! I actually have a 'lucky tooth' tattoo as I have a phobia of dentists! Ha! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Victoria AndersonMay 23, 2014 at 3:44 PM

    So I really liked the bumper car dress, but not so much the cut or price. However I managed to find the fabric! It is part of a line by Thomas Knauer called Asbury based on a beach resort he used to go to as a kid in the '70s. It's got a lot of awesome fabrics. I got enough for a dress in the bumper car fabric, and in another awesome fabric. Just thought I'd share incase you sew/are going to learn and want some cool fabrics. It just arrived in the mail.

    ReplyDelete