Amelia's Easy Victory Roll Tutorial

Monday, May 5, 2014

When I'm getting ready for work I know I never have time to do super elaborate hair do's, but I still like to keep up my appearance.  That's why I love my take on Victory Rolls.  If you Google "Victory Roll Tutorials" there are so many different tutorials, but I always seemed to fail horribly at them. That's why I practiced and practiced and I finally have a Victory Roll Tutorial for ladies who can't do Victory Rolls.

Step One:  Gather your tools!  You'll need bobby pins, a teasing brush and I use dry shampoo, because my hair is forever dirty.

Step Two:  If you need to dry shampoo your hair do that, and brush out any knots.

Step Three:  Portion out a section of your hair.  I do the sections closest to my bangs, and I usually get a good handful's worth of hair.  Tease this section!  This helps to keep the hair in one piece and sturdies your roll!

Step Four:  Start at the end of your portioned section and make a circle.

Step Five:  Take that circled end and roll towards your head tightly. This may take a few tries.  


Step Six:  Bobby pin your roll for security (and ignore my roots ;) )

Step Seven:  Repeat steps three to six on the other side of your head.

Step Eight:  Be fabulous..and hairspray your rolls so they are Georgia wind proof!

I hope you find this tutorial helpful!  I know Victory Rolls aren't easy and they take a lot of work. My arms usually feel like I've had a good work out by the time I'm done doing my hair, but I think it's totally worth it.

What's your favorite "retro" hair-do? 

15 comments:

  1. I can never manage to do victory rolls right but this tutorial does seem easier then other since theres no curling iron or other complicated methods involved! I'm going to try it ASAP!
    http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! I can't wait to give it a try. I've always been intimidated by victory roll tutorials, but this looks nice and easy. Thanks for sharing it!


    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! This makes me wish I had my long hair back so I could try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! I'll have to try. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the worst luck with these. Do you have layers in your hair? I'm wondering if that's partially why I have so much trouble. Or perhaps it's that I'm far too impatient, haha. I will have to try this though!! Hopefully this'll be one that works!! <3


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have layers on one side...I had a mullet at one point haha so that side is super difficult to do! I try and roll my layers into the roll so that way the layers don't fall! It's a huge pain ahha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, you'll look great! xx Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Short hair is awesome though!! Keep rocking it ;) xx amelia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could never do victory rolls until I sat down and tried to envision them instead of following confusing tutorials! Hope this one is easy enough and helpful!! Xx Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I failed at all victory roll tutorials that involved curling irons and other complicated methods! I definitely needed something simple so it doesn't take forever to do. I hope it works for you!! xx Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just recently cut off a whole heap of my hair, so it curls naturally (and messily!). Luckily I've found that a bit of texture cream through the lot and a victory roll for my fringe makes it a kinda "I did this on purpose" messy-cute ~___^ I can't wait until my hair grows out enough so that I can follow your tutorial though! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! This looks so fun and simple! Why did I just get a pixie cut? Haha!
    Lulu http://candyappledarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so pretty! One day I need to master this. I think I've only do this nice ONCE out of the million attempts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love victory rolls and they suit you so well! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was in tears of frustration yesterday trying to juggle curling irons and hairspray and pins to get even one victory roll up! Then I thought hey - maybe June or Amelia had a post for girls who *ahem* struggle with hair and here we go! Lifesaver <3

    ReplyDelete