Wedding Bells: June's "Be My Bridesmaid" Gifts

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

This time, I got to "pop the question"!


The day after Amelia's wedding, while I was "home" (Augusta, GA) I was finally able to ask her to be my maid of honor (we much prefer the term maid over the term "matron" and we decided we make the rules, we know she's a married lady haha) in my wedding.  Collin proposed last August (here) and I know I'm running a bit late on these things, but Amelia and I did our best to make sure our wedding things didn't overlap!  I wanted to make sure she had her special events and day and she wants the same for me. : )

This is what Junebugs look the day after a wedding... really, really tired.


One of my other bridesmaids, my friend Kristen, also lives in Augusta and I was able to catch up with her (she's an ER nurse and is super busy) to ask her to be a bridesmaid as well! She gave me my Christmas present during the exchange... we suck at having schedules that don't conflict.

My friend Liz lives here in Nashville and works with me at the law office, but I didn't want to sully the experience by asking her at work because law offices are a place of boredom. haha.  So we met up over the weekend and I was able to deliver my last bridesmaid gift! Bridemaids asked and accepted, YES!

What's inside the gift?

You'll find some of my favorite "maker's inside my bridesmaid gifts: they were in little berry baskets from the farmer's market and included:
  • A Strike a Note Vinyl Record Card from Modcloth, I wrote personal little notes on the back of each
  • A Mexican Coca Cola with a little red + white paper straw tied with green baker's string
  • Goo Goo Clusters because they're made here in Nashville!
  • Honey and the Hive painted the amazing Be my Bridesmaid? signs and did such an awesome job
  • Luxulite custom brooches in a few of the colors (in our admittedly HUGE color palette).  Each lady will be wearing hers in the wedding!
Here are some close ups of the stuff inside the packages, I was really nervous and kept telling myself I needed to add more to them, but I have a tendency to get a little carried away

Brooches by Luxulite
Be my Bridesmaid?/Be my Maid of Honor paintings by Honey and the Hive
Strike a Note Vinyl Record Cards from Modcloth
We are so lucky to have two states worth of amazing friends to attend and participate in our wedding!  Amelia's fiancee, Michael, is a groomsman in our wedding and we are getting Kristen's fiancee ordained so he can perform our ceremony.  He is one of the most hilarious guys I've ever met and he'll tell you like it is, unfiltered, no matter what. I appreciate allll those qualities in a person and can't wait to hear what he comes up with for the ceremony.

How did/would you pop the question to your bridesmaids?

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! I ordered those little berry baskets for our wedding favours. So cute! I'm so excited to see your wedding!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomely charming, thoughtful gifts! The chalkboard signs were especially darling.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what lovely and thoughtful gifts, June! I'm sure your bridesmaids feel very special :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Goo Goo Clusters totally ruined my diet. I want more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are so cute! and oh i think i need something from luxulite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw these are so sweet and thoughtful! Love how you put this together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister "proposed" to me in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle with a ring pop. It was so sweet! We've been Disney fanatics our whole lives.

    ReplyDelete