My Size Amelia: Help me Decide What to Wear on my Birthday

Monday, April 21, 2014

In just a few short days I'll be celebrating my 23th birthday!  I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm a sucker for birthdays, and I always have been.  I think this stems from my love to dress up and be the center of attention.  No shame there, this little lady loves the attention.

Most years I prepare for my birthday months in advance and buy an outfit specially for the occasion.  However, this year with all of my wedding excitment I didn't think about designating a special birthday outfit.  Since, I don't have time to have something shipped and I have no stores around me that sell vintage reproductions, I'm digging through my closet trying to find out which outfit is going to be my birthday outfit this year!

Last year I had a small get together with a few friends and opted to wear my Bee My Honey Dress by Modcloth (which they no longer sale).  It was comfy enough that I could be cute and cut loose without having to worry about my dress ripping or being destroyed in anyway...since I am very destructive.  Since last year I've been wearing longer dresses, and now I have to find the perfect balance between comfy, cute and something that deserves to be my birthday dress-this is where y'all come in! 

I've narrowed down my options to three dresses that I may wear!

The first option is a vintage striped dress that is stretchy cotton with a 'V'-shaped back.  This is definitely the comfiest of the group, and it's perfect for the warm spring weather.  It's not the dressiest look, which is my only 'con' of this dress.

The other two options are the Full of Romance Dress by Emmy and the Pontchartrain set by Trashy Diva.  I'm a huge fan of both of these designers and the amazing quality things that they produce.  The Emmy dress I actually recieved when I went to my photoshoot with Modcloth, and it's been one of my favorites ever since. The only downside is the quality is SO GOOD that it would be hard to dance or move too much in.  The Ponchartrain set is a newer addition to my wardrobe and I bought it on my honeymoon while in New Orleans. It is lovely, but depending on if Michael gets too fancy on me, then it may be out of the question.  Exposed stomach is not always allowed. hah   
Emmy Dress on the Left  |  Trashy Diva set on the Right

Here is the hardest part, my sweet husband is planning a birthday surprise for me and he won't tell me what we are doing, but he guarantees me that I will be capable and able to wear a dress, petticoat and heels.
This is why I need your help in what dress/set I should wear!  Each dress totally has its own benefits, but I can't decide which one should be THE ONE--help me choose!

Which dress would you wear if it was your birthday?!
Which one should I wear, or I should I just pick another dress all together?



20 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for stripes. I would love to see the red and white one all dolled up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd seems like the safest option! It can be dressed up or down since it's so girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trashy Diva set, for sure. If not, then the red stripes. You can make it dressy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trashy Diva! It's fun and playful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote the Emmy dress! It can be dressed up or down. Heels or flats. Cardi or no cardi...belt or not belt. It's the easiest to change up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First one seems the safest. It's cute and not too fancy. Plus you can dance in it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go with stripes. It's so cute and that back makes it sort of sexy. I feel like you could put a cardigan with it too if you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the first one, that's my vote. I do love the Trashy Diva set, though, since I bought the exact same one when I was down in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I think what sold me was the sales girl telling me she carried 4 bottles of water around Disney World wearing the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the v- back dress you have a really nice back side! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The striped dress seems like the most versatile option!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Emmy dress gets my vote. It strikes me as the one that seems most suited to spring and its resplendent return of gardens bursting with blooms.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. wardrobe experienceApril 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM

    go comfy and choose the first one! it's totally cute!



    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Full of Romance Dress! Its super cute and perfect for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Emmy would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote Trashy Diva! It definitely says "birthday fun" to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am obsessed with your style! :)


    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. First one! You can always dress it up a bit if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I vote for the Emmy dress, it seems comfy and cute and fit for any occasion, especially if he's been up to something romantic...! ^^

    https://spaceunicornattack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I were you, I'd go with the honeymoon dress! Not only does it already have a happy memory attached to it, but if you wear it for your birthday, it'll have another happy memory! Also, I'm an absolute sucker for blue & purple. :) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete