Friday Favorites #12

Friday, April 25, 2014


This week's Friday Favorites is written while I ponder what I'll wear when I start Moot Court next year!  This year, I only have to dress up a handful of times for class related things, like briefing in Property which is presented like an actual courtroom oral argument. ANYWAYS, this lady is examining her biz cas a little more closely and hoarding some select pieces that are dressy, but still me.

1. Seam To It Thigh Highs in Beige: By now, y'all have probably figured out that I love stockings! These are perfect because 1) they're plain but still seamed and 2) that little band under the lace, is actually a no-slip strip to keep you from having to tug at them (even with a garter belt, it happens).

2. The Best of Times Heel in Red: If a candy cane loving, flight attendant from the 1960s designed a pair of shoes, it would be these.  I might order them just to try on with this dress, I think they might work together, what do you think?

3. Erstwilder Maude Cat Brooch: Erstwilder is one of our new obsessions (you'll be seeing more of them in the future).  They make adorable resin brooches that all have fun names and amazing color schemes.  The crazy cat lady in me is addicted to this one.

4. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan: I just finished this book and wanted to share it with you guys because it was AMAZING.  I listened to it via audiobook driving to Augusta for Amelia's bachelortte party.  The customers are few, and they never seem to buy anything—instead, they “check out” large, obscure volumes from strange corners of the store.  This story is about the suspicious new clerk and his friends who decide to play detective and figure out what's going onin Mr. Penumbra's Bookstore, and things aren't at all what they seem.

5. Maritime To Go Dress: This adorable tulip shaped, wiggle dress by Tatyana Design (formerly Bettie Page Clothing) is cute enough to dress up OR down.  I have to cover my tattoos for work so I always try to pick dresses that would look OK with boleros, cardigans, blazers, etc.

6. Whatever Floats Your Tote Bag: A subtle but cute bag that's large enough for a hardback book... with anchors on it!  I usually buy pretty subdued colored/patterned purses because I get a bit lazy about changing my bags out, but I actually really love this little guy + it matches the dress!

7. Tropical Throwback Earrings: PINEAPPLE EARRINGS?!  My ears are still stretched from my long ago days but I do love kitschy earrings.  I've fashioned a few ways to make post earrings work for me, but none this small yet.  I'll let y'all know if I brainstorm something up.

8. Pining For Summer Sandal: What better to go with pineapple earrings than PINEAPPLE SANDALS!  It's hard to tell in this photo but these teal + mustard lovelies are pineapple bedazzled.  Sometimes I sneak flats/sandals into my purse, and these would fit perfectly.

It's like my own little personal version of what Cindy over at Hello Giggles made about dressing for work Mad Men style!



Also, we posted over at The Soubrette Brunette yesterday, if you want to go read about our all time favorite outfits, she's doing a mini-series with some of the ladies from the blog-o-sphere, should be fun!

To end this post, can we talk about this for a second:

2 comments:

  1. Loving number 5! I'm pretty sure I recall squealing when I first saw it on ModCloth. Haha!

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES YES! I love Erstwilder so much! I've started accumulating a bit of a collection of her designs!

    ReplyDelete