Friday Favorites #11

Friday, April 18, 2014


This week's Friday Favorites is brought to you by what is in my make-up bag!  I included products that I've personally used and swear by.  These products not only are my makeup bag favorites they are also useful in creating simple quick easy makeup looks.

1.  Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray:  This is one of those products that unless you use it you probably won't believe how amazing it is!  It makes your makeup last, like its name suggests, all night. This is especially important for me during the Summer since my make-up doesn't stay put in this Georgia humidity.

2.  Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Balm: I became addicted to this lip balm during the Winter. It has a slight tint to it, which in my case doesn't really matter since I apply lipstick afterwards anyway.  This balm will continue to be a Summer staple so that I make sure my lips doesn't get sunburned or chapped.

3. BeneFit they're real! Mascara: I know I've raved about this mascara in posts before, but it seriously is the best mascara ever!  It makes lashes longer and adds volume.  I have naturally curly lashes, and this mascara tames the curl enough but not too much.

4. Holding Pattern Makeup Bag: You can't buy amazing makeup products without having an amazing makeup bag to put them in! This vegan faux leather makeup bag is the perfect thing to hold all of your makeup essentials with it's cute print and measuring tape bow.

5. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner:  Since my vision is so bad I really (I mean really) struggle to get a perfect pin-up cat eye.  The difficulty of most liquid eye liners does not help me in my effort. ha This liquid eye liner is easy to use and waterproof, which means once I perfect my eye makeup for the day it's not going anywhere.

6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube-Sin: I started using this primer a few years ago when I was experimenting with different eyeshadows.  Since then I've basically stopped using eyeshadow, but I still rub this primer potion on my eyelids every morning, why? Because this primer potion has a lovely soft champagne color that wakes up my eyes without too much time and effort. 

7. Nars Lipstick in Red Lizard:  June and I have raved about a few different red lipsticks that we swear by, but this is one that I haven't mentioned before.  If liquid lipstick isn't your cup of tea then this Nars Lipstick  in Red Lizard may be perfect for you.  It's super moisturizing and vibrant, which are two musts for a perfect red pout!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - the Holding Pattern Makeup Back is the cutest makeup bag I've ever seen!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the recommendations! I have approximately half a dozen tubes of Baby Lips rolling around in the bottom of my handbags at all times, and the Urban Decay primer is one of my favorite products ever. I'll have to check out the rest of these as well. That Nars lipcolor looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the Stila eyeliner and for anyone with greasy lids - I don't recommend it! It fades and doesn't stay on ): Still on the hunt for the perfect eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful roundup this week! The sewing pattern print makeup bag really appeals to me.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete