Friday Favorites #10

Wednesday, April 9, 2014



1) Bettie Page as Lush Would Have It Dress: This was actually one of the dresses I picked up after winning the I Heart Bettie Contest (post about that here) but until recently, it wasn't available online! It has such an amazing back story!  Shirlee Tegge was the first ever 'Miss USA', winning in 1949 and was pictured wearing the original dress, which inspired Bettie Page Clothing to remake the dress. The picture was submitted for the Bettie Page 'Bring it Back' collection by Shirlee's daughter.

2) Limecrime Lip Stain in Red Velvet: Amelia and I get a lot of questions about what lipstick we wear and here's your answer!  I haven't purchased a tube of lipstick since I discovered Lime Crime (although I will admit that I LOVE Stila Stay All Day Lip Color in Fiery equally as much, maybe even a liiiittle more) it stays on longer than anything I've ever owned, it's amazing!

3) Preserves Purveyor Necklace: I'm guilty of NEVER lurking the jewelry section of Modcloth's site because my motivation for wearing jewelry usually ends with fastening a brooch on my lapel.  This necklace is very reminiscent of vintage Bakelite pieces, so it seems like I might be making an exception to my norm (hope it's hypoallergenic!)

4) Cherries and Cappuccino Cardigan: This cardigan by emmy design is so adorable.  She is SUCH a talented designer (check out these AMAZING dresses) and her pieces are so unique and so late 50's early 60's decade appropriate.  Her reproductions are so amazing they appear authentic,  we think you'll be seeing more of her on the blog in the coming weeks. ; )

5) Fruit Salad Bracelet: I've been admiring this beautiful bracelet on the Pinup Girl Clothing website recently (the photo above doesn't do it justice, check out the link)!  This was in a custom line of jewelry that was the collabrative brain child of PUG Overlord Laura Byrnes and Sweet Romance owner Shelly Cooper, perfect collaboration.

6) He Goes to Eleven Mug: MATT SMITH'S HEAD AS A MUG?! Amelia and I are hardcore Whovians and Eleven has a very special place in my heart. Any morning when I wake up feeling less than stellar, this wonderful mug shaped like my favorite Gallifray-an can remind me that happiness is only a TARDIS noise away and that at least I'm not stuck on a ship full of Dalek's!

7) Swedish Hasbeens Your Cheerful Nature Heel in Cherry:  I'll be the first person to admit that I was never a huge Swedish Hasbeens fan, I just haven't been able to find a pair I thought would look ok with my daily attire until I found these! I've heard such amazing things about this brand!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, that dress is simply amazing! What a cool story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, this year is whizzing past! My first thought when I saw this delightfully weekly post series entry was, nahhh, it can't be Friday again already. Not only was it, we're now on Saturday morning as I type this. Slow down, year, pretty please! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cardigan!!

    ReplyDelete