Desginer Spotlight Saturday:
Oh hello, Miss L Fire (An Introduction + Quality Review)

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Meet Miss L Fire!

We're totally guilty of not getting around to shoe brands quite enough.  That being said, say hello to Miss L Fire!  This brand is manufactured with an inspired nod towards the Golden Era of 1940s +1950s Hollywood.  Also, while we're both rockin' leather heels, this brand also has "vegan friendly" shoes in the 'L' By 'Miss L Fire' line, which is pretty awesome. 

What's June Wearing?


June:  I'm wearing the Persia Heels in Black.  They're a leather shoe with ankle strap and cut out detail.  Also, I totally didn't notice this when ordering them, but look at that snake trim, so not something I would normally go for but I really love it!  I also love how the ankle strap claps in the middle instead of on the side, the buckle has little detailing on it which is such a nice touch!  Things like that always really speak for the quality of a piece, for me.

I've seem reviews saying these shoes were reminiscent of something that could be featured in a scene from The Great Gatsby and I totally agree.  But being myself, I had to hop in my TARDIS and outfit them with things about 30 years their junior.  The best part about these shoes is that while you can tell they're inspired by those of a particular era, they don't look odd when outfitted otherwise! I think my next pair will be these overwhelmingly amazing Cherry Pop Sandals.


What's Amelia Wearing?


Amelia: I'm wearing the Pompeii Heels in Red.  They're a burgandy leather closed toe shoe with a t-strap and snake skin detail (they also come in 3 other colors!).  The shoes also feature different tones of red and burgundy, which I'm a huge fan of.  The snake skin is something I usually wouldn't go for, but it's extremely suitable and adds a nice touch to the shoes.

When I'm getting dressed I love to have a pop of fun to add liveliness to an outfit!  These shoes definitely provide a fun touch to any outfit, whether it's a day at the office or a night on the town I love my Miss L Fire shoes.  Not to mention this pair perfectly matched the rich tones in this amazing Lindy Bop dress.

Sizing + Quality

If you're anything like us, you see European sizing in shoes and go into immediate semi-panic trying to figure out what size you wear.  Miss L Fire does use European sizing, but we found that it translated over to US sizing quite well and fit totally true to size, both of us choosing our "usual" shoe size and having absolutely no problem.

As far as quality is concerned, we've both been wearing our shoes A LOT because and you can hardly tell they've been worn at all.  June: I tend to buy genuine leather shoes for a lot of my "staple wardrobe" shoe pieces because I find that they hold up a lot longer.  These are so well made y'all will be seeing them in many outfit posts to come.  

Where to Buy

Of course you can buy Miss L Fire shoes on their own sites, they have US and UK websites (or their boutiques in LA + London).  But, lately I've noticed Miss L Fire all over the place!  You can find them on Modcloth, Pinup Girl Clothing and Trashy Diva's websites.  We're also going to link a few below so you can get an idea of what sort of things they sell:

9 comments:

  1. These shoes are absolutely adorable! I was just wondering (as you mentioned they also carry vegan-friendly shoes) if the 'snake skin' details are faux or real snake skin? I was just curious, because again I love these shoes and they are super cute! But as a cold-blooded animal lover (my boyfriend and I are both snake owners-- among other furry warm-blooded pets!), it makes me a bit sad knowing most of the time, the snakes skinned for clothing/accessories are usually still alive while being skinned. Though I am by no means a vegetarian/vegan, and I don't want to sound like I'm up on a soapbox here! ha I just want to invest in a cute pair of these puppies if it's faux snake skin. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both adorable pairs of shoes and you both styled them so well! Love those cherry sandals, too!


    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know this brand all that well from personal experience (I own one pair from them and they are the most special shoes I own -- so much so I have yet to wear them!! They're embroidered and I'm so afraid of ruining them), but their quality is awesome. I love that mine came in a little shoe bag! They were pricy, even on sale, and I'm someone who hates spending money on shoes, but I think for something special, I'd justify it. I've only ordered them from modcloth, but I always feel apprehensive when having to order EU sizes, too. Usually I'm a pretty solid size 40 (US 9), and I think that's the size of my current pair. Oh, and I loooove the cherry sandals. I definitely have a bunch of their shoes on my wishlist!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely styling of these gorgeous shoes! Do you ladies know of Shelly's shoes? They're owned by the same company, I wear their shoes pretty much every day! They're so comfortable and so well made some of them are nearly three years old and still see me through a day running around London!


    Lulu - http://candyappledarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually messaged our contact there and found out that while the leather is real, the snakeskin is faux, yay! Not a soapbox at all and totally an awesome way to show your love for the cold-blooded without harming the cold-blooded! : ) Actually both pairs we're wearing are in the sale section right now as well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, sweet lady! Those cherry sandals... I don't know what I'd wear them with but I just know I need them! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thank you so much! We actually don't! I'll have to check them out! I'm so glad you mentioned this, I love hearing of new companies! And comfort is super important since I do a lot of walking downtown. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that you and Jana both had the Home Sweet Home heels, I love those so I can totally understand your hesitation! I have a few clothing items like that! I actually have to say, Miss L Fire and Bait's are sort of the top of the shoe chain for me. I hate spending money on shoes as well and these are really the only two companies I do it with, and even then, I find both vendors offer pretty good sales, markdowns, etc. if you can catch them.


    I need to find something to wear those cherry shoes with for real! Modcloth's next site-wide sale might include a pair of those if they still have them in my size. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kind of OT, but is that the Lindy Bop Ophelia dress in the last pair of photos? If so, how does it run sizing wise? I'm planning to order from amazon, and some reviewers say order by the sizing chart while others say size down. It probably doesn't help that according to the chart, I'm one size for the waist and the next size up for bust.

    ReplyDelete