Amelia's Birthday Surprise

Monday, April 28, 2014

Thank you for all of your help in deciding what dress to wear!  My mom (who is the best mom in the entire world ;) ) bought me a Pinup Girl Clothing dress that I had been dying to own so it was eventually what I wore on my birthday!

Michael woke me up with breakfast in bed, which was the perfect start to the day--I mean, what could be better than my sweet husband and a cup of coffee?  I had to work on my actual birthday, but my co-workers definitely made it a fun work day and I even got an awesome new Bright Eyes/Dawes split 7-inch.  After work Michael and I went and got take-out from my favourite restaurant, and we ate it together while lounging on the couch.  Lazy nights in are some of my favorites, and that was exactly what I wanted...or it was what I thought I wanted. 

Around 9:30 Michael said he was talking to a neighbor outside, and then I heard our door open and I FREAKED out.  Until, I saw my very best friend/soulmate standing in my kitchen!  June and Michael are both so sneaky, and they managed to pull off the biggest surprise ever!  

We were too very tired Junebugs, but I knew that I had to have some pictures commemorating the surprise!

In typical, Michael and June fashion that was not the last surprise that they had prepared for me.  I'm not sure about y'all, but I have been envious of June's wall closet for years YEARS (she posted about it here)!  I went to run errands and grab coffee, and I came home to see June and Michael building me my own wall closet!


I seriously hit the jackpot when I married Michael, and we showed off our team work skills while I helped build my closet!  Prior to having a wall closet I had awful clothes racks, because our house is so old that the closets are small or nonexistent.

The rest of the day Amanda and I spent vintage shopping, loving on one another and having an overall amazing time!  It was the best birthday, because I was able to spend time with my two best friends.


And after this weekend I finally have a new closet! I use my vintage suit cases as storage for scarves, wallets and small purses, and I also get to feature some of my favourite purses and picnic baskets!

What is your favourite birthday party/celebration? 

16 comments:

  1. the wall closet looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, how wonderful. We live in an old house too and the closets are ridiculous. I just sent this to my hubby as a honey do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky girl, that closet is AMAZING. I love the Trashy Diva set on you, too. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you got some lovely surprises! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer @ grimmricksenApril 29, 2014 at 9:41 AM

    That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so sweet of them, your new closet looks incredible. Happy birthday sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yayyy what a wonderful birthday! <3


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was pretty much the best!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much sweet girl! It was an amazing gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! It was definitely an amazing surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much--it's slowly becoming my favourite! It's amazing to finally have a closet!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! That's insane to me! I don't understand why people don't think about storage closets and how necessary they are!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's super easy(I came home early and ruined my surprise and helped!) and it helps so much! Old houses are the worst when it comes to closets hah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! I am in love with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Happy (late) Birthday! What a fun sounding day, and I'm so impressed by the wall wardrobe. I enjoyed seeing Amelia's; thanks for the link. And can't wait to see a more in-depth tour of yours now too!

    ReplyDelete